Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the rare times she's clean
    Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Are those gauges in cluster pods? Its hard to tell. If so, where'd you find it?
      1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
      1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
      Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
        Are those gauges in cluster pods? Its hard to tell. If so, where'd you find it?
        Yep. Found the bezel on Ebay. Some guy custom fabbed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
          Yep. Found the bezel on Ebay. Some guy custom fabbed it.
          :shakes fist: Damn you!
          1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
          1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
          Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Updates:

Received the horn button for my steering wheel. All the way from Malaysia.

A really cool shot I happened to grab with Juice21.

A little something something that I'll be rolling on to AFM.

I pulled out the headliner today and I'm going to pull out the sunroof tomorrow so I can have the headliner and sun shade re-upholstered in a choice fabric I happened to come across. The door panels will follow soon but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them finished. I also went ahead and painted the hood trim black for now.
            Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Well, ups and downs this weekend. Check the pics.

This pretty much sums up my headliner project that started and finished week. This is by far the coolest "cheap mod" I have ever done and I love it. I was very excited when I found the fabric and I am very proud of it.

This happened earlier today for me. When I first joined the forum, I saw a thread talking about how the balance shaft seals were prone to popping out on single cams. The thread also talked about the retainer that Honda made to fix the problem. I never had a problem with the seal when I had my single cam and I thought, now that I have an H22, no worries, that won't happen to me. Well I was browsing a Prelude forum to help out Kevin Chinnn with a timing belt job on his H22 and I saw the retainer in the DIY pics and thought, nah, that won't happen to me. Well on the way to the junkyard to get the last 2 bolts for his manual tensioner conversion, I noticed a funky smell. I looked down at my oil pressure gauge and it was reading lower than what was normal. Got off at the next exit just as the dummy light started flickering. Pulled into the first gas station I found and shut her down. Towed the car to work, put it up on the lift and, go figure, the balance shaft seal went and popped itself out. If you value your investment, F22 or H22, go ahead and buy the $6 retainer kit and don't have heart attacks like I did today.
              Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Installed and tested a tow strap for the Accord. Had my front lip not been cracked prior to having it towed, the place where the operator had to hook up would have cracked it. Here's a nice solution for $30.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Awesome-ness right here.

Sorry lip cracked tho.
                  RETIRED...

Comment

Thanks man.
                    Some updates. Attended ILDS Winterfest this past weekend. Ordered my Prelude rotors and started to paint the calipers as well.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:21 PM.

Comment

OHMYGAWD! The headliner is sick!!!!! I have to replace mine, Hell I would want you to wrap it in something unique now

The calipers look sweet too, I think some white HONDA logos printed on the side would make them look even more aggressive!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Thanks. I took the headliner and the sunroof out myself but I had a professional do the gluing. I'm just not experienced enough with that to confidently do it myself with the quality that I wanted. I'm probably going to have the same guy that glued the headliner re-wrap my door panels with a different fabric that I found.

The picture of the brakes is only after the first two coats; I am going to let it cure then scuff it and spray it again. I'm thinking about black high temp Nissin (the brake manufacturer) stickers. They make brakes for motorcycles so it's not that hard to find stickers of the right size.

Comment

Received this setup and an NRG steering wheel in trade for my all clear tails. Glad to have those things gone and I kinda like the tow hook. The steering wheel will probably go in my boosted truck.
                          Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:38 PM.

Comment

How did you remove the sunroof, I tried and it wouldnt budge. I wanted to remove the sun cover.
                            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

It was about 8 gold 10mm bolts holding the sunroof in. Moved the drain hoses, popped the electrical connector out, dropped down the roof and angle it out thru the rear passenger door. Took maybe twenty minutes tops.

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                                OHMYGAWD! The headliner is sick!!!!! I have to replace mine, Hell I would want you to wrap it in something unique now

The calipers look sweet too, I think some white HONDA logos printed on the side would make them look even more aggressive!
                                Headliner is SIIIIIIICK!! One of my favorite parts about this car now. Love the progress Mike. Lots of new goodies in store for this baby I see.
                                92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X