No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid, those remind me of FFC's set somewhat.

Did you get my PM response to you about the PC680? I sent you all the dimensions.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I did get the pm. When I read the Craigslist post I realized that battery wasn't right for my application. In hindsight I probably should've gotten back to you on that. Sorry about that.

Comment

Finally had some time to install a few parts this weekend. After a few weeks of sitting on my tool box I installed my new valve cover.

So going in to install the lower control arms, I met this. Apparently this is a really common problem? 3 other people I talked to ran into the same issue.

After cutting those out it was time for the shiny things.

Comment

Gorgeous valve cover! Seriously reminds me of my dad's bowling ball way way back in the day! So clean!

Which control arms are those? Is it safe to assume the bushings are polyurethane?
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

I used to have a slot car back in the day that had a similar finish on it. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Those are the Cheddas Auto control arms and yeah, they have poly bushings. I may write a review on them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike1357;3252119]
              So going in to install the lower control arms, I met this. Apparently this is a really common problem? 3 other people I talked to ran into the same issue.
              [QUOTE]

Yes this is common on older Hondas. Not just accords either, my buddies 3rd gen Integra had the same issue same with another friends civic as well.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Finally got around to installing the radiator and hose kit. These have been sitting in front of my toolbox for weeks now.

Comment

Nice, I was going to get Samco silicone hoses myself, but I decide not to spend the money un-neccarily. I really want to go AN fitted hoses and a rad tuck. So I will wait till then.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                  MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I wanted Samco hoses but they never returned my email inquiries. I ended up going with a popular ebay kit. I'm still a little wary of it but the kit included every hose for the car which no other company offers. The quality is actually pretty decent and the whole kit cost under $80. I like the look of AN lines and a tucked radiator but this is still my daily driver so if I ever had an emergency I can easily and cheaply replace parts.
                    Last edited by Mike1357; 03-10-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Fortunately I have another car to drive and a work van. But the coupe runs so good, I can't help taking it out every chance I get.

How are those lip savers working out? They worked out so well for me with the actual GReddy lip. The lip is very flexible, but cannot handle any impact what-so-ever. The polycarbonate home made wing tips really take care of that. Been waiting to hear what the case is with the fiberglass. Since fiberglass is more solid and less flexible.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                        Thanks! That's Juice21. He's a member here but he barely logs in.

Thank you very much!

Well here is this weekends progress.

The spoiler is a DMAX S13 Coupe spoiler. Another first.
                        Very nice score on the S13 spoiler. It looks similar to the blizzwing on my coupe. Enjoying all the new pics. Hopefully one day I can meet you and your CB in person.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                          How are those lip savers working out?
                          They're fantastic. The only weak points with the fiberglass lip are the vent areas. The winglets help strengthen that area and spread out the impact better. Thanks again for the idea.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          Very nice score on the S13 spoiler. It looks similar to the blizzwing on my coupe. Enjoying all the new pics. Hopefully one day I can meet you and your CB in person.
                          I was trying to find pictures of the BlizzWing recently but I had no luck; I didn't realize you had one. I'll have to swing by your thread and check it out. There will be plenty more pictures to come. One of these years I'll make it to AFM. the past few years I've been busy that first weekend of December.

I ordered fresh shift lever bushings today from Honda so hopefully tomorrow the Cheddas shifter will be going in.

Comment

I have always personally preferred a clean OEM look, but your build is just so well balanced. The flares, lips and spoiler all work very well together. You've got a good eye my man!
                            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

this valve cover.......... so much work to have a paint like this ! i like that !
                              those controal arm is my next bling from chedas auto
                              My Ride Thread
                              The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                              Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                                I have always personally preferred a clean OEM look, but your build is just so well balanced. The flares, lips and spoiler all work very well together. You've got a good eye my man!
                                Thanks! Oddly enough I had that OEM mentality for the longest time when I started modifying my car. I took a departure from the norm when I got frustrated with trying to buy a flush mount wing and went with the Rocket Bunny. From there it just kind of progressed to where it is today.
                                Originally posted by DragonEye View Post
                                this valve cover.......... so much work to have a paint like this ! i like that !
                                those controal arm is my next bling from chedas auto
                                Thanks man. I love the parts Cheddas makes for our cars; they're fantastic quality pieces.

I installed my shifter a few days ago and I'll probably get some bushings for the cabin side of the cables as well to really tighten everything up. As it is, the shifter completely changes the shifting feel of the car when you're actually getting on it.

Juice21 and I decided to take some pictures today.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-14-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X