No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the first part of my retrofit project came in.

And I was able to get some dyno time as well. I really like the numbers for a stock motor. I wonder how far I can go before I nneed to start messing with internals to get more power. I also can say that the people who down talk Skunk2 manifolds have no room to talk. This thing made more horsepower and torque all throughout the powerband, in some places gaining as much as 10hp over a stock manifold with the IAB delete and a port-matched 70mm throttle body. I also paid peanuts for it. Hopefully I'll get my radiator repaired soon so the engine bay will look better again.

Comment

That is a beautiful curve! Skunk2 parts were definitely worth it!
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Nice pick up on the skunk2 main. A set of tuner cams would help nicely.

I want to guess on your new retrofit project but I may be wrong so I'll just wait and see what that will be used for. I've been wanting to do that instead of using the element fogs. Cb looks clean I read through your whole met I must say unique at its finest
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Besides a DIY I seen long ago you're the only one I've seen who did the gauges built into the dash/cluster trim. Looks great, you should sell me that piece as I don't have the skills to do it :P

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
            That is a beautiful curve! Skunk2 parts were definitely worth it!
            I was honestly expecting less than that from all the posts I read through many forums so I'm really happy with it. Thanks!
            Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
            Nice pick up on the skunk2 main. A set of tuner cams would help nicely.

I want to guess on your new retrofit project but I may be wrong so I'll just wait and see what that will be used for. I've been wanting to do that instead of using the element fogs. Cb looks clean I read through your whole met I must say unique at its finest
            I don't know if I want to put cams in it. I want to play around outside of the motor, mainly because it's just so reliable right now. I'm not sure where I'm going to place the components yet and I still need another headlight. This weekend I'll probably order the projectors. Thank you very much for the kind words!
            Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Besides a DIY I seen long ago you're the only one I've seen who did the gauges built into the dash/cluster trim. Looks great, you should sell me that piece as I don't have the skills to do it :P
            Oddly enough I found the part on ebay. A little while back I saw someone selling one on FB, but I've also never seen anyone else with one in a running car. Weird.

Comment

Picked this up. Now I just need to pick up a bare ash tray.

Comment

Nice. That's mad JDM yo! So what do you plan on storing in your "Personal Box"?
                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Trojan Magnums

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Lol. How'd you guess?

Right now I just have coins in there. Depending on how durable the flocking is I may keep them in there or move them to the actual coin tray.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      The curve looks strong. I see you have smoothed out the vtec. Was that done before or this current tune? Peak is 7200-7300 which is higher than a stock h22a. Was that the IM or your previous mods?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

This current tune with the Skunk2 is what smoothed out VTEC. I'll have to stop by the dyno and get a picture of the differences in the graphs to get more specifics.

Comment

Alright, here we go.

Run 7 is about the earliest dyno pass of mine I can find. I'm not sure of the mods.
                          Run 5 was my most recent run before swapping the intake manifold.
                          Run 17 is my current tune.

Comment

Not much of an update but I decided to take out the balance shaft belt last night. I used to have a persistent resonating sound at about 2600rpm that is now gone and the car feels more smooth now. There's a very slight kick up in throttle response in lower rpms as well. I'm thinking one of the balance shafts was out of time with the rest of the motor.

Comment

I just wanted to tell you like how your build a coming along. Keep up the great work. It's definitely more extreme than I'm going with my build. I'm more subtle yet still aggressive. Time for me to pick up the pace again with my build. You leaving me in the dust.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Thank you man. In the earlier stages of my build I had just wanted to keep things subtle and not do anything I couldn't quickly and easily reverse. I was getting frustrated with trying to find a stock flush mount spoiler and that's when things changed. On the performance side of things, I've been chasing after Juice21 trying to match his pace before he makes his car faster. I've known him for so long that to be as fast as him has been a big goal for me.
                                Last edited by Mike1357; 05-20-2016, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X