No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta be honest, loving the shot of the rear!! Not liking the shot of the front. Just looks broken on many levels. But to each their own and your car still rocks!

Comment

Thanks man. I welcome others opinions. I'm truly of the same opinion myself. I like the bumper and it is different but it just doesn't seem to flow and the grille can be hit or miss sometimes. Honestly it's mostly temporary until I can get a new bumper and lip.

Comment

But on a postive note, you've done so much with this car! A lot of items I still have on my 'to do' list. Between changing spoilers, wheels, spacers, EDM rear fog, front fogs, FFC items, and engine mods. But I gotta ask about the fender flares and the wheels you are running. Currently on my ride I have issues with the wheels rubbing on the back when i take sharp corners. They are not rubbing on the fender edge (which cuts nice slices in your tires) but they are actually rubbing up inside when the wheels tucks up. Yesterday I just finished cutting more out of the inner wheel well and grinding down the "lip" of the wheel well. I'm running 215/40/17 (7") with a +38 offset with a -1.5camber all around.

So how do you do it? Looking at the pics you either cut all of your fender out or have suspension so stiff that chiropractors come up to you with their cards. Care to share ? (I noticed you didn't mention the suspension you run...)

Comment

My tires still rub in very tight corners, but on the quarter panel, not the inside. The ST sway bars helped keep the rubbing down in tight corners the most. Back when I didn't have spacers or flares I had to run a 215 just to clear the outside edge and inside I needed a 5mm spacer to clear the swing arm. Keep in mind my wheels are 9.75" in the rear with a similar offset as you. I haven't cut any of my fenders at this point. Currently I have Omni Power coilovers. The rear is actually as high as I'm comfortable setting it. When I was dialing in the suspension I would just add preload until I reached an acceptable amount of scrubbing. It is a tad harsh but it's nothing that bothers me on my daily commute. I am however looking to pick up a set of Fortune Auto coils in the future for more adjustability. Tire choice also has a fair amount to do with my clearances. I spent a few days playing with a tire calculator before I purchased these and I could still probably go up one size in the front.

Comment

Up one size... wow. I wish I could go up many sizes as I need more traction for the power. But I mean your tires must physically touch the fender well in the rear. You have larger tires than me, wider tires, and from what I can tell no camber & you use spacers! Without the fender flares is there a 2" gap between the wheel and fender?

I test mine by jacking up one front corner, causing the rear tire to tuck. Currently the tire hits the fender, but up & inside (not on the edge of the fender).

Comment

If I took the flares off I'd have some knarly wheel gap and about an inch of poke. I'm probably not much lower than stock so i have no camber kit in the rear. I believe I'm running a 255/35/18 tire in the rear and a 225/35/18 in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                If I took the flares off I'd have some knarly wheel gap and about an inch of poke. I'm probably not much lower than stock so i have no camber kit in the rear. I believe I'm running a 255/35/18 tire in the rear and a 225/35/18 in the front.
                Did you cut your fenders when installing the flares?

Comment

So do your front tires rub when turning? (hit the radius rod)

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                    Did you cut your fenders when installing the flares?
                    No, it's all still there.
                    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    So do your front tires rub when turning? (hit the radius rod)
                    No, but I also have a traction bar, though it shouldn't add any more clearance.

Comment

No, it's all still there.

No, but I also have a traction bar, though it shouldn't add any more clearance.
                      I have the ESP traction bar and with the wheels turned all the way one way the rubber does touch the bar. Noticed this when I had it up on the jack stands last time.

Comment

Something must be bent.

Comment

Raf I have the same size tires and I don't rub either. But then Mike and myself both have ST sway bars and we both have the Innovative traction bar. Both things that you don't have. Also I'm lowered right around 2" all the way around. I might be a bit higher than you but also I think my suspension is a bit stiffer with the Nuespeed Race springs and Bilstein B6 HD shocks. I can't remember the offset of my wheels but I can find that out, and my wheels are .5" wider. It might be something to do with the ESP traction bar and your wheel/tire combo. If I remember correctly my camber is at -2 degrees all around. Maybe slightly less I'd have to check my last alignment paperwork.

Mike sorry to semi derail your thread briefly, but it was somewhat related. I love everything that you've done to your car. I understand the reasons why you switched the front bumper but it needs something. I think if you got the fog lights or blinkers, I'm unsure as to which, in the holes that would help. I also think adding some black mesh or gutter guard would go a long ways in helping tie it into your car's theme a bit better. The GIANT gaping hole where you can clearly see everything just doesn't fit with the car. As always though man keep up the fantastic work!
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

It was related, I don't mind. Thanks for the compliments. I'm thinking if I move forward with my supercharger idea then theb bumper will be a bit better. I was thinking about picking up brake duct inserts but at this point in pretty certain I'm just going to get another front bumper and lip.

Comment

It was related, I don't mind. Thanks for the compliments. I'm thinking if I move forward with my supercharger idea then theb bumper will be a bit better. I was thinking about picking up brake duct inserts but at this point in pretty certain I'm just going to get another front bumper and lip.
                              What style of supercharger are you thinking about getting?

I've been seriously thinking about supercharging one of these Honda engines I have laying around for the past few years. Most likely the H22 at this point, since it's built better than the rest, with brand new Darton sleeves. I've been looking a lot into centrifugal supercharges but I didn't realize that they don't have the whine like the root's blowers do. Would kind of suck to not have the awesome whine. Although that plan is still a ways down the road.
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I'm thinking of doing a roots blower from a Mercedes. I started a thread in the performance section. I love the whine of the roots blowers.

Comment

Working...
                                X