1990[H]accordex : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
    lol, i get my car aligned there too, best guy in town, but so far i've own the car for 3 years and got it aligned twice, replace pretty much the whole front in, and damn thing, still wears tires on the inside like nuts, i'm wondering is it cause i got aligned with 15" alloy honda rims, instead aligning it with the 17", it's a problem i've always had with the car...
    15" and 17" , no diff. You shouldn't have any issues. If you are wearing the inside of ya tires (like I am) with no lowering springs, then ya have camber issues, which he should of fixed.
    haha, he's the ONLY guy in town. & I use to think he was the best guy too until recently. He is expensive. I had a friend loyally take his ride there for years! (then he stopped). The bill was always high. D00d always found things to replace it seems, but the job was done correct and proper (just a high bill). I took my ride there and he told me I needed a camber kit (which was correct), and my drivers side inner tie-rod needs replacing (correct), and I needed two lower ball joints (Not correct. I had ball joints done by civic-pride in halifax 2 summers ago w/ lifetime warranty). Total bill was $600 + tax if I was to have him do it. I'm sure he means well but IMO he's trying to make some extra $$$ in a small town. I think I'm going to go to NG next time for an alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      15" and 17" , no diff. You shouldn't have any issues. If you are wearing the inside of ya tires (like I am) with no lowering springs, then ya have camber issues, which he should of fixed.
      haha, he's the ONLY guy in town. & I use to think he was the best guy too until recently. He is expensive. I had a friend loyally take his ride there for years! (then he stopped). The bill was always high. D00d always found things to replace it seems, but the job was done correct and proper (just a high bill). I took my ride there and he told me I needed a camber kit (which was correct), and my drivers side inner tie-rod needs replacing (correct), and I needed two lower ball joints (Not correct. I had ball joints done by civic-pride in halifax 2 summers ago w/ lifetime warranty). Total bill was $600 + tax if I was to have him do it. I'm sure he means well but IMO he's trying to make some extra $$$ in a small town. I think I'm going to go to NG next time for an alignment.
      Yea, last time i got billed $100 for a full alignment....

Comment

Well put my power steering and alt belt on today, and found out the very bottom pulley, that my alt and power steering ran on was wore out, the metal ring had completely came off the rubber center and was just spinning on it, no wonder my poor car was hard starting and always killing the battery well replaced it got my belts on and now running smooth, waiting on p12 ecu to get sume more bump outta my f22a1

Comment

Yea, last time i got billed $100 for a full alignment....
          did he wanna replace your lower ball joints?

Comment

did he wanna replace your lower ball joints?
            He told me once that my control arm was bad, went got it checked by a mechanic, and the mechanic couldn't find anythin wrong...

Comment

So finally went out today took sume pic's of the car, srry she a little dirty...

Comment

and sume more...

Comment

Nice! You are a brave man for running 30s. I think ya tires are a 205/30/17? Or ya still running them? I have 40 width and I can't wait to go to 45/50, roads will kill ya rims, haha don't drive in Pictou (they have bad roads recently). I like what ya did with ya seats, I dyed my marts and always wanted todo the I inside part of the seats.
                  & I got pulled over in Antigonish for having a tinted license plate cover, 3rd day after I moved back. Funny story. But ya ride looks good, what's the next big plan for it?

Comment

Nice! You are a brave man for running 30s. I think ya tires are a 205/30/17? Or ya still running them? I have 40 width and I can't wait to go to 45/50, roads will kill ya rims, haha don't drive in Pictou (they have bad roads recently). I like what ya did with ya seats, I dyed my marts and always wanted todo the I inside part of the seats.
                    & I got pulled over in Antigonish for having a tinted license plate cover, 3rd day after I moved back. Funny story. But ya ride looks good, what's the next big plan for it?
                    nope there 40's, yea i actually used dupo color fabric and vinyl for the seats, i plan on gettin a p12 ecu, i priced one down home here for 100 bucks, but seems like a steep price....

Comment

nope there 40's, yea i actually used dupo color fabric and vinyl for the seats, i plan on gettin a p12 ecu, i priced one down home here for 100 bucks, but seems like a steep price....
                      Yep, that's too much. Would pay $50 myself, maybe $60

Comment

Yep, that's too much. Would pay $50 myself, maybe $60
                        \
                        and buddy wants 40 bucks for the spoiler, i already have one on the car but figure i might pick it up...
                        Last edited by 1990[H]accordex; 06-24-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

so I was at a junk yard/mechanic shop, and found a bass alpine sub, it was only rated for 300watt peak, but figured i'd take it home to see if it worked, to my surprise it does, and sounds cleaner than my 1200watt sony explod, will post pic's of it...

Comment

As I promised a pic's of the sub, also sume quick pic's of my interior......

Last edited by 1990[H]accordex; 06-24-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I have a Clarion apa250 amp, got any use for it? (would make a good trade for that spoiler :P)

Looks like this - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016682

specs - http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...851137313.html

& what color were the interior of your junk cars? I have the grey interior like you do. But i'm starting to get sick of mine.
                              Last edited by Raf99; 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I have a Clarion apa250 amp, got any use for it? (would make a good trade for that spoiler :P)

Looks like this - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016682

specs - http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...851137313.html

& what color were the interior of your junk cars? I have the grey interior like you do. But i'm starting to get sick of mine.
                                Grey in one, burgundy in the other, i don't think it look good putting a burgundy interior in a Acadia Green accord, you maybe better off continuing dying parts of it, yea that amp maybe interest to me, considering mine, is 2x channel, but only one channel is working, but i'll let you know if i get the spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X