1990[H]accordex : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
    Took on a major/scary project today, removed the top chrome trim around the doors and replaced with a newer one, will post pic's tomorrow...
    I have todo the same thing, please let me know any issues you ran into and any tips you may have!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I have todo the same thing, please let me know any issues you ran into and any tips you may have!
      Lol well if you feel your up to it I could come up whenever you wanna do, I also have extra clips and the passenger side chrome trim, I believe thats the one thats fked on urs? but i will have pic's up of what I did tomorrow...

Comment

Lol well if you feel your up to it I could come up whenever you wanna do, I also have extra clips and the passenger side chrome trim, I believe thats the one thats fked on urs? but i will have pic's up of what I did tomorrow...
        Not a bad idea, Where ya living these days?

Comment

Not a bad idea, Where ya living these days?
          in porthawksbury only like 45 minute drive to antigonish...

Comment

As promised pic's of my work i'll try to explain each step as much as possible......

Ok, to remove these buggers, first when you open the front door you will see at the bottom of the chrome trim a screw, remove the screw, gently pry at the chrome trim where each clip is and the chrome piece will continue to come out till it reacts to the back of the rear door...

this is what it should look like once you remove the first piece...

here is the rear door, you will notice that there is a second piece of chrome, this one is on different you will see 4 screws remove them and easy take piece out because cautious those, there is a white clip that will also hold this on try on to break it...

once removed it will look like this...

This the white clip...

here is my damaged chrome pieces...

Now for all those white clips that are still on the car, the was i got them out without breaking all them is from the position they are on the car, I turned them to face up and down, and pulled at the top of them and they popped out, I only managed to break 3....

Here are the clips all out...

Now with your new chrome pieces, put the clips back into the chrome pieces and line them up with the holes in the car, remember put the back piece on first then the front piece on, it should all clip back in with ease, put your screws in and there you have it finished....

Comment

As promised pic's of my work i'll try to explain each step as much as possible......

Now with your new chrome pieces, put the clips back into the chrome pieces and line them up with the holes in the car, remember put the back piece on first then the front piece on, it should all clip back in with ease, put your screws in and there you have it finished....
              Sooo how did you get the clips out again? When I pulled this top chrome piece off a car in the junkyard the clips stayed in the chrome piece and most broke off
              /out...

And when I'm done re-doing the mounts, seats, and blower box in the accord maybe I'll take it for one last long drive down there.

Comment

Sooo how did you get the clips out again? When I pulled this top chrome piece off a car in the junkyard the clips stayed in the chrome piece and most broke off
                /out...

And when I'm done re-doing the mounts, seats, and blower box in the accord maybe I'll take it for one last long drive down there.
                well when I pulled the chrome piece off, the clips stayed in the car, like the above picture, now you see that they are all facing like this <--> well i turned them to face the arrows up and down and then pulled on the top arrow and they popped out...

Comment

So, might be picking up one of these sunday for a winter car, 95 accord 4 door 5 speed lx, everything is in working order and has 209000km and a 2 year inspection, might even be modding it abit to , not this exact one in the picture, but same color just stock...

Comment

So, might be picking up one of these sunday for a winter car, 95 accord 4 door 5 speed lx, everything is in working order and has 209000km and a 2 year inspection, might even be modding it abit to , not this exact one in the picture, but same color just stock...

So, did you get it ?

Comment

So, did you get it ?
                      nope, i was sadden by the fact that it had a 2 year inspection, and I could see through one side to the other....

Comment

nope, i was sadden by the fact that it had a 2 year inspection, and I could see through one side to the other....
                        rust n' bust eh ?

Comment

rust n' bust eh ?
                          big time....

Comment

I know I was looking for months. Dam, i think in the NS thread I was looking a five months ago. And during that time I looked at a lot! There seems to be a growing trend around these parts....

- F/S: Pre 2000 rusted piece of junk that could break in two at any moment, but has good inspection for 2 years. $3000

- F/S: Any year Honda (insert model here) with 5,000,000 miles on it, engine is still good. No inspection. $3000

- F/S: Pre 2000 Truck (any model/make), for sale $8000.

Sometimes there are sweet deals around and you have to have the cash instantly ready to hop on them. Like someone selling their car b/c they just bought a new one. "I just wanna get rid of it" type of thing. OR a family member you know who is selling their vehicle.
                            People should be considering the $$$ one has to spend to fix the rust, brake lines, cracked windshield, etc in their asking price too. Like that 92 accord SE in pompquet. That person should be giving that thing away for free!

If ya have $2500 or more to spend, then the deals actually are good.

Comment

Nothing new with the car, getting aligned this friday and new muffler and some exhaust, going with a muffler brand called silverknight....Going be driving the car this winter so I guess I'll be looking into snow tires, next spring I have an idea, off dropping the car on function over form type 1s and painting my 17"s white with sume new rubber, but as of right now becoming bored with the car, and not the greatest weather to do anything....

Comment

Nothing new with the car, getting aligned this friday and new muffler and some exhaust, going with a muffler brand called silverknight....Going be driving the car this winter so I guess I'll be looking into snow tires, next spring I have an idea, off dropping the car on function over form type 1s and painting my 17"s white with sume new rubber, but as of right now becoming bored with the car, and not the greatest weather to do anything....
                                How's work going for ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X