tdabuser : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdabuser View Post
    The shift knob came out of an 88 or 89 accord from a pick and pull. It had the red stencil already on it. I just put about 10 coats of clear wood laquer on it so it will not wear for the next 50 years Hard to tell in the pic, but it is clear black and glossy.....

Maybe a little ricey, but I like the feel and didn't want to mess with the original that came with the car. That one is perfect, no wear at all.
    Sweet, I wouldn't call it ricey...I actually think it's pretty clean!
    How about that shifter boot that has the red stiches?
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Sweet, I wouldn't call it ricey...I actually think it's pretty clean!
      How about that shifter boot that has the red stiches?
      The shift boot is the oem leather or pleather or whatever it is. I have seen the red stiched ones. They are okay I guess, but the one in my car is clean as long as I keep the dust off of it.

Thanks for the comments.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

That's good! My cb7 used to be auto and that was the only 5spd shifter boot they had at the JY when I did the swap so it's broken but I plan on getting a new one or the ebay one with the red stiches!
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

your rims are backwards. the blades aren't supposed to point to the front of the car. this might be a really bad problem if you have directional tires.

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
            your rims are backwards. the blades aren't supposed to point to the front of the car. this might be a really bad problem if you have directional tires.
            Does that really matter? (Which way the blades are pointing). His tires don't really look directional anyway. If so wouldn't that be a tire installation problem, not a rim installation problem?

Anyway, car looks awesome, I kinda like the blades pointed to the front. Needs a 2" drop badly though. That would be seeeeexy!
            RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut View Post
              Does that really matter? (Which way the blades are pointing). His tires don't really look directional anyway. If so wouldn't that be a tire installation problem, not a rim installation problem?

Anyway, car looks awesome, I kinda like the blades pointed to the front. Needs a 2" drop badly though. That would be seeeeexy!
              For looks it matters. They look off to me because of it. It would only be really bad if they are directional tires. But if looks matter (which they do a lot on the interwebz) then they are facing the wrong direction.

However, his car does look great.

Comment

Nice car you have.

Comment

clean sedan bro good job i like it keep it up

Comment

You need S.Techs, good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
                      The tires are coopers and are not directional. The guy I bought the rims off of said they can run either way without issue and the prelude guys run them both ways. Seems to ride fine. I like them pointing forward and intentionally put them on that way. I think it looks better. To each his own I say!

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Still a clean ride.

Comment

Thanks bro. Did you fix your car from the driveway incident? Really sucks azz man.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Definitely to each his own. I never meant to imply that your car looked bad, just wanted to let you know. But you already do anyways, which makes your car look even better to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tdabuser View Post
                              Here is how I got them....Like I say, very lucky. It was good karma considering how I got fucked on the first set I bought from a member here

holy shit!!! those are sick man...congrats on finding them...ive been looking for those for over 9 months now and have yet to find them and the fact that you got em BRAND NEW IS CRAZY!!! but damn those are some sexy ass lights and you got a CLEAN ASS CB...you got super lucky!! i have yet to find mine

Comment

very clean whip....id kill for them fog lights

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X