No announcement yet.

marcusv8thunder : 1993 Accord 2.0i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have decided to get another set of wheels for trackdays. Mainly so I dont have to swap over my road and track tyres every time.

I wanted lighter wheels, and not over priced. I went with Rota Grids 17 x 7.5 in white.

I know you US guys have a thing with the Rota quality, but here in the UK its not an issue. They have the same manufacturing approvals as the Team Dynamics wheels that so many race championships here have as a control wheel so thats good enough for me.

The Rotas are around 8.3kg a wheel, oppose to the 11kg Ace wheels I have. They feel alot more nimble in acceleration, braking and cornering. But most importantly a wet set of wheels and dry set. crucial with the quick changing UK weather!

Yokohama A048 225 45 17 semi slicks (dry set)
    Half used but useable Uniroyal Rainsport 2 215 45 17 (wet set)

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Another mod in the pipeline excuse the pun... booked in tomorrow

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So I had an exhaust leak following the trackday just gone, it was near the collector. Anyway one thing led to another, and it got booked into ARO Exhausts in Buckinghamshire. He is a really nice guy called Ant, and wants the best from every car he gets in. He is a Powerflow Dealer.

Apologies for the dirty under carriage, Im dailying the Accord at the moment, and the roads are rough at the moment.

Here are some basic un-doctored phone pics that I quickly snapped after work.

2" to 2.5" collector mod

Angled 2.5" flexi for exhaust tuck clearance

Lipless 2.5" straight through Powerflow resonator. Clamped in so can be replaced with my Cat at anytime.

Reduced down to 2.25" at this point to keep the flow up to keep the bottom end torque up.

Powerflow 170mm 2.25" Oval silencer, with my old tail pipes welded back on.

So the issues this has solved:

Undersized system for the new engine
        Too quiet
        Crooked tail pipe due to rushed welding job last winter
        Fixed collector leak
        Properly hung and corrected tension on down pipe, stopping the manifold to downpipe gasket leaking under load.
        In and out Cat for trackdays
        Improved resonator clearance
        A good few ponys freed up.

I think Ive justified it

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Looks like a well executed job.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks, yes im happy with it too. I dont often let other people do work on my Accord since I enjoy building it up my self. However I know what I can do and I cannot. Welding I cannot.

It sounds loud, deep with a tuned noted. Will get a video clip up.

However I do have 3 sounds to choose from so to speak. In that I can insert the cat or straight pipe in place of the middle resonator.

Im enjoying it as it is currently. But I will swap them about soon to see how they sound. I suspect the straight pipe will induce some rasp. And the cat will be quieter but with slight rasp as it not a resonator. We shall see!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Really nice job on the exhaust Marcus, you got it really tucked up there. I wish mine was routed that optimal for ground clearance. Just one inch extra makes big difference on driveability for a lowered CB.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

So, with all that exhaust dominating both the power increase and sound, I thought it best If I balance it out with a intake manifold upgrade.

Accord Type R manifold (Euro R)

After researching on here, prelude forums and Rosko Racing I now have gathered all the bits required to do the conversion.

I have the IACV adapter plate from Rosko Racing ordered.

I have a thermal intake manifold gasket which apart from the heat reduction, spaces out the manifold away from the head to save grinding off some flange.

Grub screws to fill the little air injection holes on the flange.

2 meters of 4mm ID silicon hose

Pack of vacuum pipe connectors spitters and reducers.

Tube of Hondabond.

So far Ive stripped it down, and cleaned up the manifold, and ported out the first runner (still needs smoothing)
                Turned the brake booster fitting 90deg so it points to the left hand side of the car. I got an advantage over you LHD guys, in that my brake booster pipe is a U shape. Simply reverse fitting this pipe make it fit on the manifold just right. I also have cleaned out the EGR system.

Other things to note, are no real discussing anywhere into how to reattach all the vacuum lines onto the ATR manifold. The stock H22a has 6 small and 3 larger ones. The ATR one has only 2 small ports. This is where some rerouting and splitting will occur.

Also to confirm, Stock H22a manifold outside throttle body diameter is 62mm and the stock H22a7 manifold outside diameter is 65.5mm (looks very much like 66mm though)

Anyway more to come!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So overall it has longer runners a smaller plenum and a larger throttle body. Is that correct?
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                    So overall it has longer runners a smaller plenum and a larger throttle body. Is that correct?
                    Yeah basically gains are because shorter runners. Egr ports up to plenum is where the runners are shorter. And 4mm larger throttle body. Induction note will louder and less boomy because of the smaller plenum.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So the little custom work on the manifold is done now, tapped and installed threadlocked grub screws, and capped of the big one on the bottom. All injector ports are now now ported out. I bought a Honda p13 gasket to get correct measurements for this. I used it unopened so I can return it now, since the thermal intake gasket I ordered has finally arrived.

Now for the removal of the old one and the install. I am still awaiting the IACV adapter from Rosko, but that doesnt stop installation at least.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the gains you make when it's finished. I've thought about getting one myself.

Comment

X2. I may do this to my Euro-R manifold.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                            I'm looking forward to seeing the gains you make when it's finished. I've thought about getting one myself.
                            You should get one for sure, it flows well as im sure you know, inside of the runners is much smoother, and slightly shorter, plus the increased throttle body size. Sound from it does the H22 more justice compared to the stock manifold. Looks cleaner in the bay too.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                            X2. I may do this to my Euro-R manifold.
                            If you have one just chilling out, then for sure get it ready for install.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Building the manifold up and test fit.

Rosko Racing IACV adapter, hondabonded and mounted

P13 throttle position sensor and vacuum line extension.

ATR specific loom plug obtained to fit ATR air temp sensor. (Euro R guys dont need to worry about this bit) Still 2 wire and just slightly extended this from the CB loom.

Manifold flange close fit to the P13 head! This is no grinding of the flange and a Thermotec gasket. This is fully tightened up and it just interference fits agains the fin there. Easy solution if worried about it is filling the fin.

Test fit, ready to attach stuff.

Things to do now:
                              Fit fuel rail adapter from RoskoRacing
                              Fit fuel rail and new orings
                              Attach brake booster pipe
                              Attach vacuum lines
                              Attach coolant lines to IACV
                              Fit throttle cable and bracket
                              loom tape the extended wires

Also I would like to point out that I am trying to fit this and retain all of the stock functions. So all of the vacuum lines from the black box, EGR, cruise etc. Keeping stock injectors and rail and IACV. Only things I am changing on purpose is adding an oil catch tank, and bypassing the coolant lines to the throttle body.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Looks clean! Black box as in the IAB? Or the black map sensor box?

How did you port the injector holes to fit the obd1 injectors?

Comment

Working...
                                X