No announcement yet.

Tippey764 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, my brake swap will be quite good as soon as i can find the missing piece

I need a driver side acura legend dual piston caliper

I have the passenger side already but the car was in an accident and the driver side was missing

And i do have suspension lol, polyurethane bushing kit and kyb GR-2's

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      lol, my brake swap will be quite good as soon as i can find the missing piece

I need a driver side acura legend dual piston caliper

I have the passenger side already but the car was in an accident and the driver side was missing

And i do have suspension lol, polyurethane bushing kit and kyb GR-2's
      Can you confirm the legend caliper piston diameters?
      I have found two different values online for them, and I can't remember what they were, but for one set of numbers, there is actually less piston surface area than the prelude vtec/wagon/itr single piston calipers...so less braking force. The dual piston design I believe is heavier too. Engagement would be smoother and pad wear would be better with dual piston though. You should have bought Koni STR.t's
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got the GR-2's for $100 almost 2 years ago lol

I could measure the pistons later but i will need to barrow my brothers caliper to measure them with

Is the measurement the inside of the piston or the outside?

I'd imagine the ouside but im just double checking

From what i read i think it was 42mm and 36mm but im not 100% sure on that anyways lol

Oh these calipers also have 28T brackets, not that they make HOR 28mm thick rotors

Comment

If those numbers are right (those are one of the sets of numbers I used), thats 3.725 in^2 piston area.

I believe the Prelude VTECs are a single 2.25" diameter piston, so thats 3.976 in^2 piston area.

Like i said though, pad wear and engagement will be better with the twin pistons.

Comment

So which would you say is better? I would imagine a more even pressure would be better than alot of pressure at one point.

Comment

So which would you say is better? I would imagine a more even pressure would be better than alot of pressure at one point.
              The area difference is small, and for the smoothness and pad wear, the dual piston is probably better for daily driving.

Physics will tell you that more piston are = more braking force though. So in the end, the bigger caliper is going to stop you better.

Comment

So then why do NSX's have a dual piston caliper similar yet smaller than the legends?

Update

100% 9293 black interior swap parts aquired, well almost. The black 9293 console is on its way from finland.

I got these black seatbelts and buckles from a sad little acura vigor for $18, the buckles are actually about 1 inch longer than stock accord buckles but it fits better than the accord buckles did because these seats were designed for automatic seatbelts.

The seatbelts themselves will need to be modfied to fit into the accord due to a different bracket, the design is close enough where i will be able to make it work though.

As well as the vigor seatbelts i also grabbed a vigor sunroof visor and 1st gen acura legend clips to mount it, the low profile design looks very nice on my car with the roof rack ( ps: those stickers will be removed by the time the car is on the road )

Lastly i got bored and tried to test fit an acura legend gauge cluster, it doesn't really fit but its something ill keep in mind for the future for sure.

Comment

yeah i found that out too

but

cd5 cluster with legend face
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                    yeah i found that out too

but

cd5 cluster with legend face
                    hmmm, the bezel is somewhat what helps the gauge cluster stand out though, i hate the cd5 cluster/

Comment

hmmm, the bezel is somewhat what helps the gauge cluster stand out though, i hate the cd5 cluster/
                      ...but the 5th gen Accord cluster has a very similar layout.

If you really want to make it happen, where there's a will there's a way.
                      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Comment

Black or silver?

Comment

I like how the silver looks, by the way where did you find all you black interior parts I still need to find the rear bench and some little things here and there. Car looks good first time I see your MR.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                              ...but the 5th gen Accord cluster has a very similar layout.

If you really want to make it happen, where there's a will there's a way.
                              ...first-gen CL cluster ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakersfan24 View Post
                                I like how the silver looks, by the way where did you find all you black interior parts I still need to find the rear bench and some little things here and there. Car looks good first time I see your MR.
                                I found my interior from a wrecked 91 SE on craigslist

Originally posted by Julianachos View Post
                                ...first-gen CL cluster ftw.
                                lol " i fucking hate that type face "

Comment

Working...
                                X