• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7Man : 1990 Accord EX

CB7Man's Sedan
    When it all began

081,243 Original Miles
    She looked sad in the back of a mechanics lot, rotting away and waiting to hit the junkyard. An old lady ran out of oil, cracked the head and then ran out of money and decided to abandon her The car sat so long that the BRAND NEW tires in the front split open, the clear plastic that they put over the seat turned to dust. Since it was a mechanics shop, various parts were stolen....ECU,TCU, Cruise Computer, Main Relay, Both radiator fans, Fuses, Turn relay, Misc. connectors were also cut off.

10 YEARS LATER: Along came CB7Man, just driving by looking for an upholstery shop. Its love at first sight, so he starts the lien sale process and waits almost 6 months, but finally the day comes and shes on the way home.

Next came the resurrection: 91 SE F22A6 Head and new headgasket, New intake gaskets, New Dizzy, All new seals, All new timing and accessory belts, All new radiator, external tranny cooler, radiator hoses, intake hoses, heater hoses, new spark plugs, new oil and filter, tranny drain and fill. Then he had to replace everything that was stolen.....CB7Man's coupe used to be an F22 Auto! The old ECU/TCU went into the car, the H22 swap (for the Coupe) came with the Prelude Main Relay as well as the Cruise Control unit, the Ludes fusebox had all the fuses needed. The ludes engine and dash harnesses had all the connectors needed to put the map sensor box back together on the CB7

Oh but this is CB7Man, you think hes done? Now we put the Legend Sedan lip on her, install the OEM foglight kit, install a small system, and start to replace the ripped leather seats.

3 more months pass until CB7Man has enough money then he gets robbed by the CA DMV, but its well worth it. Finally after 10 YEARS this CB7 hits the road and gets its first tank of gas.

Now she has a loving home, and enjoys every minute!

Engine: F22A4 Block with F22A6 head, F22A4 4-2-1 steel header, F22A1/4 Intake Manifold, PT3 ECU.

Suspension: Totally Original

Interior: Left Unchanged

Exterior: Acura Legend Sedan Lip, OEM Foglights, Custom sun fading

Audio: Burnt out Pioneer DEH-5800MP head unit with Pioneer 2 channel amp running all 4 Pioneer speakers

Future plans: HID Kit (So she can look like my coupe ) 1-Piece headlights, Paint Job, V6 Swap with 6 Speed Manual

If you've ever watched the progress on my Coupe you KNOW the future plans HAPPEN
    Last edited by CB7Man; 04-20-2010, 04:11 AM.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Clean, too clean! Almost looks like the coupe.
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Car looks real good man. The timeline was good too.
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Wow very clean and low mileage!!

This is a very good daily.. now you might get the bug like me to mod this one more.. so your going to be buying parts in 2s lol.

Juggling my cbs are fun but not cheap hehe

Btw what did the CA DMV do to you and why is there leather front seats but the rears are cloth?

EDIT* just read it had ripped leather seats lol/*
        Last edited by excalibur02; 03-18-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

lol, I liked the story.

VERY clean sedan! Glad you saved her from the JY

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Holy clean!!!!!!!! And low mile too!!!!!!!!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

sick!! h22 auto!? nice story too! wish it was longer, i was gettin into it
              O! and i cant wait for this photo shoot! 3 cb's
              Last edited by ddcb7; 03-21-2010, 01:00 AM.

H22 cb7:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
              cb9:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
              dd cb7:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

The Sedan hit 82K yesterday!
                Runs great! Even got a few "races" in against a couple cars
                85 Chevy S10 No contest
                00 Celica GT Auto Pretty damn close though, started to pull me on the highway, just utterly blew him away from a stop.
                01 Accord V6 quite a bit faster lol

EGR is clogged!
                I got to get it smogged next month, I cleaned the EGR out once, but it got clogged again
                I really dont want to take out the service ports, thats lamesauce
                Also apparently I didnt press the front main seal in enough, it leaks slightly...
                Its alright, Im going to hangup the Sedan for a while so I can tear her apart and redo the front main seal.
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

Big props on reviving her, man!

Comment

And I just thought about it, the ONLY dent is on the passengers front fender
                    Not a dent anywhere else lol

It feels good driving her around, I mean anyone else that were to see it would just think its some old run down Accord.
                    The smog guy laughed at it until he popped the hood and put the sniffer to it!
                    She blew:
                    52 HC's at idle, Max of 120
                    21 HC's at 2250 Max of 150

A few more pictures

Last edited by CB7Man; 04-19-2010, 12:44 AM.
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

Mad respect for your work to save that car. What a stupid old lady. I bet that old hag went out and bought a brand new car because she "couldnt afford to fix her Honda".

Good on you. Car looks great.

Comment

good start n clean
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154842

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          Mad respect for your work to save that car. What a stupid old lady. I bet that old hag went out and bought a brand new car because she "couldnt afford to fix her Honda".

Good on you. Car looks great.
                          I ended up spending about $2K
                          But I love the car, its my other pride and joy
                          I know I could've "bought something alot better" but I didnt, instead I saved a car from being crushed. Its something I feel proud of.
                          But I really dont want to mod it out like I did to my coupe, just sutble things maybe.....at first

Oh and yes the lady went out and bought a Lincoln
                          Still has the Lincoln
                          She talked about how much fun she had in it driving to the coast and back
                          She was so happy I got "her" car running again. lol
                          Last edited by CB7Man; 04-19-2010, 12:59 AM.
                          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

I'm Dig'n the ride...

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

wow love the car....great on it....it's the twins!!!! lol
                              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Working...
                              X