P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
    fit washer nozzles at the jy? i haven't seen a fit at the jy yet.
    ohhh, no I picked these up from the dealer :3 they were $13 a nozzle, eeeps!
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
      ohhh, no I picked these up from the dealer :3 they were $13 a nozzle, eeeps!
      oh ok lol

Click picture to see my mrt
      Instagram: sikz6

Comment

got some more curtains for my rear coupe windows

Now I'm contemplating picking up some curtains for my rear WINDSHIELD o_o whatchu guys think?

also had some S2K sidemarkers given to me, but the tabs were broken, so I decided to shave the backend and doubleside them up on my front bumper molding. I intended for them to "shark out" like the JDM Toyota Supra MKIII sidemarkers. Gives me something to look at, although they don't function how they were intended to (they're taped on, and they don't have a light in them. purely visual). I like it though so if anyone is considering a new spot for their sidemarkers and don't want to cut it on the fender (IMO, sidemarkers feel out of place there) you can integrate it into the body moldings, so its more streamline with the body. I think i'll move them over a bit later, and center it between the end of the bumper trim and the corner light, i think that might look better, so i'll work on that today.

planning on installing my rear coupe leather panels today, and my C-pillar lights soo yeah. and maybe a DC2 trunklight, and my cd side skirts as well. all tentative!

Comment

Got around to my C-Pillar lights and my rear leather panels. damn... it took a while. my panels are fitted better this time around though, so i'm happy there

I didn't get a chance to install my curtains yet, maybe later tonight, but here are some pics from the install of the C-Pillar lights (COMPLETE WITH LEDS) and the panels! ENJOY!

*NOTE: I did not wire up the red/white wire... which was probably the "on when door is open wire." I didn't know how to do it, and didn't have the patience to figure it out, so I kept it simple.*

The panels that were installed today

Removing the side panels

Testing wires. IT WORKS!

Installing the C-Pillars

Fishing the wire through to my domelight. I AM SO HAPPY I HAVE A MOONROOF. So much easier to gain access to it.

C-Pillar Reading Lights and OEM Rear Blue Leather Panels installed

WOOT! successful day, I'd say My rear passenger area is almost complete just need some more curtains.
          Last edited by P5ylance; 06-14-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Nice I like it man I got a set I want to install.

All you did for the lights was wire up 2 wires
            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
              Nice I like it man I got a set I want to install.

All you did for the lights was wire up 2 wires
              yup yup! its a sorta tight fit with the C-Pillar lights, so make sure you have all the OEM mounting things still on your lights to hold it in: the metal clip, and those two tabs at the bottom. Cut your lights to mount in OEM-Style, and you should be okay.

IIRC, the green/black wire is power, and the white/blue wire is ground. check to make sure, but i know I didn't use the white/red one.

I grounded it to the rail that holds back the front seatbelt (In a coupe), and wired to power going to domelight

Here's how I aligned the reading light.

Corners line up with the mounting tabs, and theres this faint green circle that I lined up the top part of the reading light with. the light is centered by the top and bottom mounting tabs.
              Last edited by P5ylance; 06-15-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                Got around to my C-Pillar lights and my rear leather panels. damn... it took a while. my panels are fitted better this time around though, so i'm happy there

I didn't get a chance to install my curtains yet, maybe later tonight, but here are some pics from the install of the C-Pillar lights (COMPLETE WITH LEDS) and the panels! ENJOY!

*NOTE: I did not wire up the red/white wire... which was probably the "on when door is open wire." I didn't know how to do it, and didn't have the patience to figure it out, so I kept it simple.*

The panels that were installed today

Installing the C-Pillars

Fishing the wire through to my domelight. I AM SO HAPPY I HAVE A MOONROOF. So much easier to gain access to it.

C-Pillar Reading Lights and OEM Rear Blue Leather Panels installed

WOOT! successful day, I'd say My rear passenger area is almost complete just need some more curtains.
                It's looking really good! Nice job! back seat area looks minty.

You're lucky you have the sunroof/moonroof. I want to do this, but I'm not excited about having to take out the headliner.

Oh and I think curtains for your rear windshield would look sweet!

Click picture to see my mrt
                Instagram: sikz6

Comment

thank you! yeah, moonroof = greattt ^_^

well then, I think I will seriously consider rear windshield curtains then, kim :3 next next paycheck perhaps

Comment

U meen roof wing?

Comment

nope, but I do have any idea for a roofwing :3 the concept is simple, its just i need to source a long enough piece of plexiglass from somewhere... :\ I checked home depot and they only have big ass sheets, and the prices are kinda out of my reach right now. I need one long and narrow.

TODAY'S MOD!

Fairly simple, but makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. I recently bought a pair of Honda Fit Windshield Washer Nozzles from the dealership, and I replaced my stock windshield washer nozzles with these. The cool thing about these nozzles is that they spray out in a fan/mist, and not two streams like our stock ones. This way, you cover much more of the windshield, and more evenly. It's really simple!

1) Pop out the old windshield washer nozzles
                      2) Install Honda Fit Washer Nozzles
                      3) Replace windshield washer tubing leading to the nozzles from the Y-Splitter. The inlet is straight, and not an L shape like our stock ones, so you need to cut longer tubing so it doesn't kink.
                      4) Close your hood, refill your windshield washer fluid, test, enjoy !

The nozzles aren't super tight (the two clips only hold them in, but they spin freely), but fiddle around with the length of tubing and fitting of things and you can get the nozzles to stay in one place. IT'S SO AMAZING!!!

VIDEO OF IT WORKING

TRY THIS OUT, EVERYONE!
                      Last edited by P5ylance; 06-15-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

love your attention to detail

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Thanks Lee, makes me feel that I accomplished something big with the small things that are done hehe !!

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                              I agree
                              Thanks! I really appreciate you all coming to see my MRT, I wanna be able to show all the little things and mods that can be done with the CB with parts you can find at the junkyard, or at your local dealership.

My rear curtains are installed haven't gotten a picture of them yet, but they look great.

also picked up a CD hazard switch, its a lot more hazard-y and noticeable than the CB one (the square is red, not just the hazard symbol).

I also got a new minor side project, since I figured it would be real simple to do. It's the middle sunvisor from an EJ civic coupe, and a rear mirror cap off the CB. I'm gonna mount the sunvisor on the mirror cap, and then i'll hav the visor you gotta mount it a certain way though, so you don't block your vision of your mirror. I hope theres enough space under this cap for a bolt or something. o_o

Lastly, but no pics cuz they got dirty from the wheelbarrow, I picked up some new 9293 driver and passenger sunvisors. I noticed the driver side one doesn't have a lightbulb, so I thought about taking a spare passenger sunvisor (the one currently in my car) and removing the lighted assembly and replacing the non-lit assembly from the drivers side. hoping it works, and I hope that since its just one wire, I can simply tap into the passenger wire and get power.

Comment

I found a rear map pocket from an Acura Vigor. I realized that my passenger seat never came with one, and decided I really wanted both my seats to have map pockets, so I removed a map pocket off a Vigor seat at the yard and staple-gunned it to my rear seat panel, OEM style

My front seat rear panels, left is drivers, right is passenger.

The backsides

Staple-Gunning them in

All stapled!

Both panels. TRIM LEVEL JUST WENT UP, YO!
                                Last edited by P5ylance; 06-20-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X