sikz6 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    yeah I had that same problem with my ST rear sway bar hitting my new RSR exhaust, so I had to ditch that bar and go with the Progress rear sway. It hugs the car a lot better and clears my RSR by a lot. That's definitely the sway to go with for aftermarket exhausts I found out.

I found mine locally on AZHT for 70 bucks brand new so I lucked out on that one.
    I was going to ask you but you have an ex, so yours should fit and if it rubs i would be the sway bar not the exhaust.

but it seems like the exhaust is like a 1/2 to 3/4" too far to the right so the pivot bushing brackets & bushings don't line up with the drop down brackets. so i didnt know if the previous owner messed with the position of the exhaust or if other lx owners had the same issue. I mean if i push the exhaust over to make the sway bar fit my exhaust will look like this lol and i don't have a dual tip exhaust lol

Click picture to see my mrt
    Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
      I was going to ask you but you have an ex, so yours should fit and if it rubs i would be the sway bar not the exhaust.

but it seems like the exhaust is like a 1/2 to 3/4" too far to the right so the pivot bushing brackets & bushings don't line up with the drop down brackets. so i didnt know if the previous owner messed with the position of the exhaust or if other lx owners had the same issue. I mean if i push the exhaust over to make the sway bar fit my exhaust will look like this lol and i don't have a dual tip exhaust lol
      yeah mine was hitting right after that axle back portion so i knew it wasn't going to work out at all. For the progress bar though, you have to drill 4 holes into the rear subframe anyways so I don't think it uses the EX/SE brackets at all. Here's a pic of what it looks like mounted up (owequitits car)

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

The CB looking good girl...
        Accord Of The Month January 09
        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

yeah mine was hitting right after that axle back portion so i knew it wasn't going to work out at all. For the progress bar though, you have to drill 4 holes into the rear subframe anyways so I don't think it uses the EX/SE brackets at all. Here's a pic of what it looks like mounted up (owequitits car)

yeah mine hits right at the subframe brace
          really? huh, i always thought the progress bar bolted up to the ex/se brackets. the whole reason i went with ST is because it just bolted to the subframe brace, not the ex/se brackets.
          Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
          The CB looking good girl...
          wow thanks, your coupe is really amazing. By far one of my favorites, if not my favorite! One day maybe my cb will look as good as yours.
          Last edited by sikz6; 12-11-2010, 05:04 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=sikz6;2680361]
            really? huh, i always thought the progress bar bolted up to the ex/se brackets. the whole reason i went with ST is because it just bolted to the subframe brace, not the ex/se brackets.QUOTE]

yea that looks exactly where mine was hitting. The ST cleared my Greddy Evo2 catback though, just not my RSR catback.

also when you go to put a rear sway bar on, you should have the jackstands under the rear control arms to "preload" the rear suspension and not under the jacking points. Thats what my Progress RSB instructions told me to do anyways.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

[QUOTE=Losiracer2;2680373]

really? huh, i always thought the progress bar bolted up to the ex/se brackets. the whole reason i went with ST is because it just bolted to the subframe brace, not the ex/se brackets.QUOTE]

yea that looks exactly where mine was hitting. The ST cleared my Greddy Evo2 catback though, just not my RSR catback.

also when you go to put a rear sway bar on, you should have the jackstands under the rear control arms to "preload" the rear suspension and not under the jacking points. Thats what my Progress RSB instructions told me to do anyways.
              maybe i'll just wait til tax time, when i get a new exhaust and try it again.

Comment

The last time I saw this car was when it was white... wow has it changed a lot! I'm really digging the progress!
                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

[QUOTE=sikz6;2680530]

maybe i'll just wait til tax time, when i get a new exhaust and try it again.
                  you did make those bends in the sway bar point downward right? just had to make sure...you didn't mount it up upside down right?

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

car is looking good!!!
                    Blake.
                    1994 Accord Part out!
                    Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

how much was the paint job? home

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                        The last time I saw this car was when it was white... wow has it changed a lot! I'm really digging the progress!
                        thanks!
                        Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
                        car is looking good!!!
                        thanks man, how are things? any better since the last time i talked to ya?
                        Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                        how much was the paint job? home
                        around 1500 from maaco, but that was with repairing rust damage and color change (i.e. all door jambs), but i can honestly say i won't go back to maaco for another paint job. or at least the one that i went to. i'm pretty much a perfectionist and so even the tiniest little things bug me and i found a lot of stuff (little things) that weren't done or were sloppily done. but you get what you pay for. so i cant complain too much.

Comment

wow thanks, your coupe is really amazing. By far one of my favorites, if not my favorite! One day maybe my cb will look as good as yours.
                          Thanks! Looking forward to see what you got for the CB.
                          Accord Of The Month January 09
                          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

you did make those bends in the sway bar point downward right? just had to make sure...you didn't mount it up upside down right?

like this?

or like this?

because with it positioned like the first picture it definitely wont clear the exhaust and the bushings wont come close to the drop down brackets.

i had it positioned like the 2nd picture, plus the middle part where the bushings are, has to be like this \_____/ if i flip the bar the other way it would be upside down. the middle of the sway bar (where the bushings are) should be the lowest part when mounted.

Comment

but thats what I don't get though, you've got a stock exhaust right? and it doesn't clear THAT? my ST cleared my larger Greddy Evo2. Yeah thats really weird right there part numbers all match up as well right?

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

but thats what I don't get though, you've got a stock exhaust right? and it doesn't clear THAT? my ST cleared my larger Greddy Evo2. Yeah thats really weird right there part numbers all match up as well right?
                                yep stock exhaust, and yes it looks like the part number matches up. 51120. it's not that it doesn't clear it, it's just that to install the sway bar it would push the exhaust to the left about an inch. Thus, causing it to rub badly. I don't know if the previous owner re-welded the exhaust and messed up the position of the exhaust or what.

Comment

Working...
                                X