No announcement yet.

Dobermann : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the rims, love the ride height, I'm extremely jealous of your luck picking in junkyards and I covet those wide rims you got to fit the lug pattern.

My only question is that with your suspension setup set to it lowest settings like you have it, do your tires scrape wheel wells/frame or does upper suspension hit inside of wheel well?
    Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
      damn man , the blades are sex bro . always liked your ride man . i bet it looks even better in person .. amazing machine man . 5 stars wooop.
      Thank you! I dream of going to one of the ATL mega meets some day. Maybe then?

Originally posted by kaf_baa_seba'a View Post
      beautiful car bro. did you modify that legend sedan lip to fit or just stick it on there?
      Thanks! I bought the lip off Lokuptha. He had it on his car and modified it. I'm told you just need to rotary tool off a little section on near the middle edges and then it will sit flush. The sedan will almost meet the edge of our bumpers, but the coupe fits flush.

Originally posted by Need4speed View Post
      Bro, your blades are sweet man and looking at your drop makes me wanna go lower! Very nice ride.
      Lol I absolutley adore how it looks, but I ended up raising it up almost an inch the next day. Its just too too low. My plastic lower engine shrowd was literally 1/3" off the cement. I was nicking the ground on the highway about once every minute or so too.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Looking good. Lve that maroon, and polished wheels.
      Thanks

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
      I've always wanted to try this on my wheels but too lazy and they are my Daily set.
      Lol yeah I wouldn't recomend it for a daily set. I had all winter of them sitting in my room and they still arent finished on the drivers side. It takes FOREVER.
      I figured they took atleast 40 hours each, and about $200 in sandpaper, polish, emery cloth ect, and if I had sold them for $250. If I had been working for even minimum wage here I could have had $2090. Lol there was 16x8 BBS RS for sale for $1600 not too long ago. Oh well lol. All you guys on here make it worth while for the effort those took.

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
      rims look sick!
      Thanks Omar! Interested in trading for the AP1?

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
      Love the rims, love the ride height, I'm extremely jealous of your luck picking in junkyards and I covet those wide rims you got to fit the lug pattern.

My only question is that with your suspension setup set to it lowest settings like you have it, do your tires scrape wheel wells/frame or does upper suspension hit inside of wheel well?
      Thank you! Lol I try to visit each of the yards once a month or so. Just to see whats up. I almost threw up I was so excited when I dug out the foglights from a snowbank.

My tires did scrape when I had the 215/50/15s on the front. I have switched to 195/50/15s and I haven't had any problems on heard any scraping.

Comment

blin blingggg
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          blin blingggg
          I suppose so, eh?

Today -

Comment

What happened? Is she OK?

Lol @ using the 2x4s to get her on the tow truck.
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Oil pan? or just somthing stupid.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I don't beleive I've commented on your car before. I definetly love this car. Such, simple, clean mods, with a badass stance, and the car is just so immaculately kept.

You've done some damn good work. Keep it up.

Comment

not the oil pan or the mess would be visible in the pics.

i hate to see a cb7 on a tow/roll back . what happen Dobermann ?
                  Last edited by stretch JDM; 05-19-2011, 12:23 AM.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

What happened? Is she OK?

Lol @ using the 2x4s to get her on the tow truck.
                    Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                    Oil pan? or just somthing stupid.
                    Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                    not the oil pan or the mess would be in visible in the pics.

i hate to see a cb7 on a tow/roll back . what happen Dobermann ?

Turns out that I burnt out my coil. I was on my way to work and only have one car here so I had to get it fixed. I had to get it fixed, and had to get to work. So I got it towed to Cambridge Center Honda and they are always great. They had it ready first thing next morning (I dropped it off at like 6pm).

Just a stupid little thing. But it could have been anything and I need my car for work.

I love how errone thought it was the oilpan. The invoice says that my car is too low to check stuff on it so they just fixed that lol.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    I don't beleive I've commented on your car before. I definetly love this car. Such, simple, clean mods, with a badass stance, and the car is just so immaculately kept.

You've done some damn good work. Keep it up.
                    Thank you! When I first got this car I sat down and really kinda figured out what direction I was going to take the car. I had to fix absolutely all mechanical and cosmetic damage before I started tinkering with anything else. Then I did oem upgrades like sawblades. Then start modifying handling and braking. After all that, power. Theres no point in adding power if the car is rusty, barely running, and uncontrollable in the corners. I really appreciate the props!

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                      Turns out that I burnt out my coil. I was on my way to work and only have one car here so I had to get it fixed. I had to get it fixed, and had to get to work. So I got it towed to Cambridge Center Honda and they are always great. They had it ready first thing next morning (I dropped it off at like 6pm).

Just a stupid little thing. But it could have been anything and I need my car for work.

I love how errone thought it was the oilpan. The invoice says that my car is too low to check stuff on it so they just fixed that lol.
                      Glad to hear it was an easy fix, I would've thought it would be expensive(since you went to the dealership).
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Glad to hear it was an easy fix, I would've thought it would be expensive(since you went to the dealership).
                        It came to $230 total. $100 for diagnostic and labour, and then $100 for the coil, and then $30 in tax. I would have bought an oem coil anyways, so it really only cost me $115 more to bring it there and have it done. If I would have taken the day off to fix it I would be out much more than that. I consider it the best option.

Whoa new page - This calls for some throwback pictures!

Last edited by Dobermann; 05-20-2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Ive never commented on your MRT but I have to! Youve done an amazing job making this car look so damn clean.I absolutely love it.I would say its damn near perfect.Keep up the amazing work!

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
                            Ive never commented on your MRT but I have to! Youve done an amazing job making this car look so damn clean.I absolutely love it.I would say its damn near perfect.Keep up the amazing work!
                            I HAVE to agree! The car is really nice and looks great! Ive always disliked the marroon color but wow, this is just another on here that gives me respect for the color!

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
                              Thanks dude! Shes a never ending project, but I love working on her.

Originally posted by Noridetoolow View Post
                              I HAVE to agree! The car is really nice and looks great! Ive always disliked the marroon color but wow, this is just another on here that gives me respect for the color!
                              Thanks! Its actually my favorite colour, but I'm pretty biased about it lol.

New pics from this weekend. All for lulz.

I just got this texted to me. My friend effile towered my car while I wasn't there. Thanks guys.

Comment

Went to stretch and poke 1 this weekend with Monza, Bucik, and CB7_Nub, and another guy with an acadia green sedan.

Heres the first of many pics

I also updated my first shot on the main page. I love it.
                                Last edited by Dobermann; 06-08-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X