No announcement yet.

A18A : 1991 Accord EX-i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is your ecu now that you put an amp there?

Nice progress so far. Some of the stuff made me , but for the most part . Keep us updated!

Comment

the ecu is just sitting on the amp, and the tcu is sitting under it. there's a little bit of a buldge in the carpet now lol. apparently according to my mate, the car is slow cause the knock sensor is broken and making the timing really retarded or something. oh well it drives nce, i'll add a knock sensor on the "to get" list. it takes the car about 10 seconds to get from 0-100kph which i suppose isn't bad for a auto. i hope when its running right it gets down to the 8-9 second area

H22A Vigor
      SR20 Accord

Comment

i got lazy when shaping the filler lol

H22A Vigor
        SR20 Accord

Comment

i dunno if the car is supposed to do this, but with the hand brake all the way up, and putting the car in drive at idle, it just drags the car forward.. could that be related to tcu code 14? (14-Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted.) what is that anyway?

H22A Vigor
          SR20 Accord

Comment

damn its looking good man!
            Blake.
            1994 Accord Part out!
            Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

thank you, i'll have to agree

H22A Vigor
              SR20 Accord

Comment

went for a wof today. after they finished laughing at the car, they failed it on:

missing vin tag
                battery unsecure
                rocker cover leaking over the exhaust (lol)
                exhaust leak (lol)
                exhaust mounts (apparently battery cables aren't good enough)
                1 tyre worn (stupid cause it just passed a wof a few weeks ago and hasnt been used since)
                and 1 brake light.

nothing major, i found the vin tag and put it back on the car, I just hope they don't pick up on the uncertified engine swap after they see that it's supposed to have a f20a in it. also fixed the brake light. hoping to get the welder either tonight or tomorrow to do the exhaust. gotta find a battery holder & I'll swap on a couple warrantable wheels

just glad they didn't see the big crack in the windscreen

H22A Vigor
                SR20 Accord

Comment

yay all is done minus exhaust and rocker cover. hopefully they don't wanna get their hands dirty just so they can see the engine code under this

H22A Vigor
                  SR20 Accord

Comment

finally got the welder, just finished the exhaust and welding a little bit of metal onto the rocker cover, then whored it all in some sealant stuff i found in the shed lol. this engine bay looks very shitty. but the car should be legal on monday woot

when i eventually get a free/cheap rocker cover, then I'll clean up the engine bay to look nice

H22A Vigor
                    SR20 Accord

Comment

legal!

H22A Vigor
                      SR20 Accord

Comment

Thug Life.
                        Blake.
                        1994 Accord Part out!
                        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Thug aim

H22A Vigor
                          SR20 Accord

Comment

so the car still needs a knock sensor & for me to wire up the EGR. there's a solenoid thing on the FPR, dunno where to wire that up to, so just put a hose from the FPR to the manifold lol. The car is getting around 11km/l. which I think is damn good, considering it's a 2.2l automatic that's city driven with a lead foot

H22A Vigor
                            SR20 Accord

Comment

Slap the accord FPR on, problem solved. Replace that valve cover and it'll be mint!
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

final update for this car (i know the thread's already dead haha) after having this car around here for the last 8 years (the longest a vehicle has ever been here), today it was finally laid to rest.

may it rust in piece.. or get squashed into a cube then melted down :P
                                Last edited by A18A; 02-21-2013, 05:41 AM.

H22A Vigor
                                SR20 Accord

Comment

Working...
                                X