No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're finally in! But the dust shields are rubbing the rotors... So the wheels have to come back of tomorrow.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Comment

So I had to pull the ratted dust shields... Either I find some good ones. Which requires removing the hub from the knuckle, or I don't run them and insulate my joints. My old neon had metal shields that kept the heat out. I could something similar.

Comment

For the front dust shields, you can always nip off the small strip of metal that butts up against the bracket, making the shield into a "C" shape, then they can slip on and off w/o touching the hub and bearing. Rears too if you wanted.

Comment

There here!

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
              So I saw about 100 dedicated track Honda's today. My car is no longer a DD. After my experience at the track today I want to no longer make my car a DD that can be tracked kind of build, and turn it into a dedicated track car. No interior, cage it, racing seats, pull the A/C sytem, the works. My interior kinda sucks even with the leather. Just worn and super dirty. Any thoughts?

Yes, becuase from what ive seen the cycle is you add bits and bobs on the car until its gets less daily like. Most people progress the car and end up going down the show car route, alot of the cars never see the track.

A trackcar makes use of the parts/passion/effort you've put in and actually use it. The plus side is you dont need to keep messing with it to keep it in a condition for daily mode.

Alot of stress/effort has been relieved from me not needing to to daily my Accord, I can have it setup for a carshow, or setup for a trackday, and I have time to do this when I feel like it not forced becuase I need to drive to work the next morning.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
              UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
              NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I've been to and on many road courses int he country, but it was always through work. So it was either Viper race cars or stock SRTs. So making the connection between dedicated track car and what I was using never became appealing to me. Until last weekend when I saw so many bad ass Honda's spanking very expensive cars. I mean, I knew it could be done, but the event was so awesome and I really got to see a lot there.

Also my FFC LCAs are in, but the car is still having front end issues. I'm gonna order some SPC uppers today. Maybe that will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                  For the front dust shields, you can always nip off the small strip of metal that butts up against the bracket, making the shield into a "C" shape, then they can slip on and off w/o touching the hub and bearing. Rears too if you wanted.
                  I didn't consider that haha. I'm gonna put some thermocouples on my ball joints and see what happens when I get my brakes hot. Maybe I can get away with not running them.

Comment

So I picked up a set of corner scales today. So stoked! Also picked this up

2014 R/T Plus. Ordered it 2 months ago. Had 13 miles when I took delivery.
                    370hp 400ft-lbs
                    Paddleshifters
                    Blacktop package
                    Sport suspension
                    20x9 wheels
                    245/45/20 Firehawks
                    Hid headlights
                    Led lighting
                    Power everything
                    Leather seats and panels
                    Vented seats
                    Heated wheel
                    Convenience package
                    Beats audio package
                    Sunroof
                    Navigation
                    Back up camera
                    Sirius XM

Comment

Wow, totally loaded!

I think you will trade it in for the Hell Cat, though!

Good to see pics of that neon as well.
                      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I want to buy a Scat Pack Challenger with the shaker hood when I'm fine with the Charger. They are awesome cars!

Comment

So I got these going for me.

With the car cleaned out and no floor mats with a half tank of gas I'm at 2955... Holy hell. What a pig. I was expecting 100lbs less.

The corners:
                          966 879 62%
                          537 573 38%
                          51% 49% 2955

Interested to hear people comments about it. I know I've added a lot of weight to the car with mods, bigger wheels, much heavier tires, and a heavier engine. So now it's time to cut some weight. Starting with the interior and the AC system.

Comment

There is a ridiculous amount of dynamat in my trunk from the previous owner! Fuuuuuu!

Comment

Dang...im surprised at how heavy it is too. Time to gut the bitch and get some 15's. Lexan windows, CF fenders, hood and trunk. Maybe some lightweight seats too...

...RACECAR!

not sure if that's the direction you wanna go...but serisouly, if you want to shed weight i'd start with a CF hood and trunk. Then a good (adjustable) seat and clean it out of unnecessary stuff.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

So I took about 150lbs of it today. More to come tomorrow. I weighed the drivers seat, 44lbs! My buddy's seats expire in December so he's going to sell them to me for super cheap. They will be fine for track days because they need to be OE or equivalent, then when I get around to competing (if I do) I can get the cert renewed. But I should have a set these this winter

(1000 dollars each)

No I'm keeping my 17's. It's the smallest diameter Michelin makes PS1's and I love those tires. I'll get around to CF later.

Comment

Working...
                                X