Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice man. Some extra handling goodies. Haha

Comment

It is pretty easy to fall back in love with the car. The day was beautiful. Grabbed a few beers and headed to the car wash. Spent an hour cleaning and polishing. Then went on an old road behind town that is windy with banked turns. This thing handles incredibly well. Had amazing amounts of fun. But I still need to lift it up a bit. It's still too low in the front. Tire rubs.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I'm gonna see if I can find time to swap my tranny this week. I'm really hoping for it.

Comment

I lost these somehow and had to re purchase them. $170.

I have clutch! OEM Prelude disc with Fidanza flywheel.

Best interior mod ever.

And this bad boy. Didn't have the ESP one and I didn't want to chop my body up. This is temporary until I get an H22 trans, then I'll get the ESP mounts.

Finally, I have no idea what to do with this...

Comment

OMFG. DOHC door sticker FTMFW!

I absolutely love this thing.
            Jay
            HondaLina
            91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
              OMFG. DOHC door sticker FTMFW!

I absolutely love this thing.
              Out of everything done to this, you get excited about a sticker. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I have successfully made my car a 5 speed! So stoked.

Comment

Made a video of the car.

Comment

Great progress man! I love the 5 speed swap and all the goodies you got on there.

BTW a few months ago my car had a surging idle like that and it ended up being the intake manifold gasket. I do have the f22 in my car but I don't think that would matter though.
                    [/url]

Comment

It could be anything. It's had it for a while, but when the car had an auto the torque converter prevented it from moving around. It's the idle valve because it randomly does it. Not too worried about it, but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

My buddy is tired of his Virgin P72 on his B16 Civic. So he is getting a P28 and said he'd sell me his P72 for $50! Sweet! I guess I'm gonna teach myself how to chip and tune. Last time I did any tuning was MoTeC M400 this summer, but I haven't done any electrical since I ran MegaSquirt in my Neon back in 2008/09. Should be exciting.

Comment

Excellent job w/ the 5 spd swap, that custom mount is pretty sweet! If you do not have ANY vacuum leaks, then the FITV needs to be adjusted. Remove the rear cap/cover on the fitv-remove the top m5 bolt, loosen the bottom bolt, let the cap swing down. Get either 2 small flatheads or notch a thin metal plate so you can tighten down the white plastic cap inside the valve. Start the motor when it is cold, tighten cap to bring cold idle down from 2k to 1500 rpm, do this right away before coolant gets warm. This can all be done w/ the engine running and the FITV cover off, it does not affect idle w/ the cover off. Of course, anyone else reading this, this is for an H22 or any motor w/ the FITV on the throttle body!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                            Excellent job w/ the 5 spd swap, that custom mount is pretty sweet! If you do not have ANY vacuum leaks, then the FITV needs to be adjusted. Remove the rear cap/cover on the fitv-remove the top m5 bolt, loosen the bottom bolt, let the cap swing down. Get either 2 small flatheads or notch a thin metal plate so you can tighten down the white plastic cap inside the valve. Start the motor when it is cold, tighten cap to bring cold idle down from 2k to 1500 rpm, do this right away before coolant gets warm. This can all be done w/ the engine running and the FITV cover off, it does not affect idle w/ the cover off. Of course, anyone else reading this, this is for an H22 or any motor w/ the FITV on the throttle body!
                            Hey thanks man. Im going to do some more work on it so I can actually go WOT. I might even paint it lol. Im getting a P72 shortly with a good tune on it so well see if that does anything.

Comment

Got the P72 in. Code 22 now pops up. From what I've read the P13 software works differently than the P72 and I need to ground the solenoid to the chassis. So after class I'm going to give that a try. The car idles much better, doesn't run rich as hell before it warms up. It runs like a raped ape until about 5000RPM, when VTEC doesn't kick in.

Rev limit 8200
                              Shift light CEL at 7400
                              2 step at 3500
                              VTEC at 4900
                              And no more knock sensor

Comment

And it runs great! Holy hell this thing pulls way harder than the P13. I'm going to go make sure my timing is right too. But no more weird Honda idle, no more high idle. Shift light works, 2 step works. The weirdest thing is VTEC doesn't "kick" it's just a super smooth transition. I don't even hear it kick in and feel it like before but the engine just keeps pulling.

Comment

Working...
                                X