X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it worked out for you.

steve

Comment

It's like a a completely different engine is in it. Similar feeling to back when I swapped a 2.4 in my Neon. Switching from an automatic to a tuned manual was impressive.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post

Kumho Ecsta AST HP All-Season, right? How do you like them?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Shit on the corners, but great for mileage. I'm switching over to PS2's or PS3's this summer.

Comment

For an All-Season High Performance tire i think they fare pretty well. Going from a GeneralTire Exclaim UHP Summer tire to these was a considerable drop in grip, but for the money the Kumho's are great performers.

I got them as a compromise between price, performance and wear. And largely because there was already a brand-new one mounted to one of the wheels in the set i bought recently. I considered buying a new set of something grippy-er and keeping the Kumho as a spare, but after reading a considerable amount of reviews from multiple sources, i decided the AST's were a sensible and economical choice that suited my needs very well.

In the future i plan on getting another UHP or possibly EP set of rubber. Might not be for a while though, since these Ecsta's have a very good tread wear rating.

What are PS2/PS3's?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Michelin Pilot Supersports. Amazing tire, Ive had them on many vehicles and was impressed.

Comment

So I'm lifting the car up. Got under it today and didn't like the angle of the upper control arm. And since my front tire rubs when I turn hard I figured it was time. I already don't like the way it looks, but oh well it will drive better. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Comment

Well it's been lifted... I feel weird being that high up. But the steering is a bit lighter and it rides a bit better. I also threw it around some corners and no more rubbing! That's mainly what I was going for.

I know it's hard to see, but my upper control arm is at close to a 60 degree angle upward when static. The ride is better now because the angle is reduced and therefore reducing the force absorbed by the control arm and it can now move easier. I hadn't realized how extreme the angle was until I just looked.

Comment

Nice SE I've been admiring ur setup. Still looks good

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

I just installed my Progress swaybar. I am now happy. This car is so sticky, even with shitty tires. I can't wait to put some good rubber on it!

Comment

That rim is sick, like it.
                          私はフィリピン人

Comment

Innovative Mounts Kit!

These seem to be much better quality than "the other guys". Also they make the tall rear mount for those who didn't swap the rear T-bracket and mount. I can finally get my drive train sitting right and not flapping around! I have the drivers one in, not looking foreword to the rear and I need to drill/tap the trans mount. Hopefully I can get to it without having to pull the trans, I didn't know about that trick until after the swap.

Comment

How do you like your progress sway bar? I've been thinking about jazzing up my handling.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Where did you get your mounts from? Also is the trans mount the auto to 5 speed?

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                                Wimp go low or go home haha
                                Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                                Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X