No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already have plans to work on the suspension. I want to get rid of my adjustable anchor bolts and switch to an adj UBJ. I'm planning on getting a traction bar and new coil overs. I think I'm going to go with a rebuilt Synchrotech trans. It should be able to take whatever beating I give it. I was also thinking last night I could go with mild boost and a lot of spray. That way I could have 500 all the time, and then get another hundred or two with spray.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Sounds like a solid plan.
      I had the honor of driving a friends 05' rsx last night and he has about 210whp. I didn't get to push it to his 8600rpm limit since I stop at my f22 6k limit.I know I was still thoroughly scared out of my shoes with that much power. I think a nicely built na h22 motor would do good justice and still be a streetable car.But if its not going to be your daily anymore, boosting sounds like a fun option.I feel having 500hp is ridiculous and unpractical ,but fun as hell to have.Im not against boost or anything ,im probably just mild mannered.A nice suspension setup with a syncrotech trans and a rebuilt highly modified h22 pushing around the low 300hp mark sounds deadly to me , especially if you wanna hit the track.

Comment

I drive 400-600hp cars for work. So my 200hp car is a little sub par for me. It's agile, but it's not any kind of contender. Ive been happy with the on track performance, but in a straight line it's slow. My last build had about 500hp and was 2000lbs. My 200hp 3000lb car has been a bit disappointing.

Comment

Graduated from the University of Idaho today! Officially an engineer. Headed back to Chrysler next week to continue my work in Chassis Dynamics. No more intern paychecks! Big boy status lol.

Comment

Congrats, time to step up the game. I will be looking forward to your future plans. Boost and spray sound intreting.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Congrats!! I'm eager to see what your upcoming projects are as well.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm kind of leaning towards a Benson block, but stuck on which turbo I want to use. Also if I go with a full build it's going to be a long time before I do any aesthetics. Paint, wheels, interior will have to wait.

Comment

Well I had a blow out on the trip today. Only made 1700 miles these last two days. My 4 year tires has enough. The only place that had a tire within 50 miles that would fit my 17 was Wal-Mart... So I get there and they only have two. And they're GY Eagle Authorities? The rears will make it. I planned on buyinh new tires with the first paycheck. Anyway I'm done for the night. I'll be to my new home around noon.

Comment

So I might not build the car as exciting as I had planned before. I'm getting settled into my new job and there are so many cost involved with starting a new life. Like health insurance and retirement lol. I went to a seminar at work about benefits and realized I knew nothing. My work actually covers about 1000/year in health insurance so I'm only paying like 30/month for everything. But if I want to safely retire when I'm 65 accounting for bad stuff happening, I need to deposit 600/month (pre tax). So that's a hefty chunk. Also a new car, which I don't technically need, but would make life awesome, is going to be another big chunk. Then student loans are another big chunk. Then I need to actually save spending money/emergency money. So I'm looking at maybe 500/month I can put into the car. Instead of the 1500 I had originally planned. It's going to stay N/A for now. I need new wheel bearings so it's time for ROH. I'm gonna stay 4 lug because I don't need anything bigger than a 215/45/17. My car stops super fast with my pads and blanks as is so I'm not too worried. So first is ROH, tires, and then a Synchrotech trans. Still not sure if I want to stay F or go H. Probably H since it isn't a daily anymore. and well see what happens from there.

Comment

Hey man, good job on getting your finances in order. That's important, being able to care for yourself and fam if you have any. The parts for the Cb7 are only going to get cheaper and cheaper anyway, no rush! Congrats on your graduation, your job, and your life prospects.

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
                      Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
                      RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
                      "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
                      "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

New whip!

2013 SXT AWD V6 Loaded
                          Beats Audio and subwoofer
                          Nav
                          Sunroof
                          8.4" TFT Touch Screen
                          Not sure any of the other big ones

Had 30 miles on it when I got it. Being a 2013 with low miles it has lot rot. So the tires and bushings are going to take some time to get back to normal, but it still drives better than the Honda.

On payday I'll be ordering ROH parts, new rotors, and tires. It will be awesome to work on the Honda without having to hurry to put it together or needing rides to the parts store.

Comment

Nice!

How noticeable is the weight difference between the two? I've never driven a charger and was wondering if they're geared well to compensate for their size/weight.

Comment

It feels faster than the Honda. It has an 8 speed transmission so it's geared for everything lol. It's a pig though. The Honda is lighter and the suspension is on rails. The LX is over 4000lb and has a comfort suspension. It's also not as comfortable as the Honda. The Honda is smaller on the inside and fits me better. The LX is so damn big. But maybe I'll get used to it. I'm happy, it has a ton of awesome features and looks bad ass. Idk how long I'll keep it though. I'm waiting for the 2015 200S to come online at work because thats what I want. 3.6 AWD 9 speed and it weighs like 800lbs less than the LX. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want. But I have the LX in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                                It feels faster than the Honda. It has an 8 speed transmission so it's geared for everything lol. It's a pig though. The Honda is lighter and the suspension is on rails. The LX is over 4000lb and has a comfort suspension. It's also not as comfortable as the Honda. The Honda is smaller on the inside and fits me better. The LX is so damn big. But maybe I'll get used to it. I'm happy, it has a ton of awesome features and looks bad ass. Idk how long I'll keep it though. I'm waiting for the 2015 200S to come online at work because thats what I want. 3.6 AWD 9 speed and it weighs like 800lbs less than the LX. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want. But I have the LX in the mean time.
                                Damn, those new transmissions are crazy. Just saw pics of the 200s and i think it looks like a cross between an Audi and a Volvo. Pretty cool and great specs.

Comment

Working...
                                X