No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stock mount is basically a square pattern. The ESP mount is an isosceles triangle. The holes won't line up.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      So I finally get around to changing my rear motor mount. Still has the auto mount and bracket. Anyway, I get all the stuff taken apart and two bolts off the mount and I realize it's a 4 bolt. My ESP mount is a 3 bolt. I didn't know there was a 4 bolt. WTF do I do now? The rear one was torn completely loose. Need a replacement. I have a 100 dollar mount I cant use unless the frame has holes for both types.

Comment

I'm guessing it has the bolt pattern for both mounts built in?

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
          I'm guessing it has the bolt pattern for both mounts built in?
          In the handful of CB's ive come across, Ive never seen 4 holes, but it looks like there are provisions for 2 bolts in the front. Thats an ESP mount pictured, I think youll be fine.

Comment

I didn't know there was a 4 bolt either. I have had my ESP sitting on the shelf for a year now. Hopefully I have both patterns.

Comment

You should be all set. On my 91 SE and my old 93 EX, I went from the auto mount and EX manual mount to the 3 bolt DX/LX manual mount, just like your ESP one. Every r. xmember I've seen is univeral for r mount layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                You should be all set. On my 91 SE and my old 93 EX, I went from the auto mount and EX manual mount to the 3 bolt DX/LX manual mount, just like your ESP one. Every r. xmember I've seen is univeral for r mount layout.
                Sweet! That's good to hear.

Comment

I feel as though it was so stupid for them to make a 3 mount and a 4 mount for these cars. Why couldn't they all just been 4 or 3? I was in your situation when doing my swap and I had to send my innovative mounts back to get the 4 point ones. Had to pay a restocking fee and wait another month.
                  Originally posted by cb9love
                  when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

The innovative 4 bolt is taller and uses the auto bracket. I want to switch to the manual bracket so my shift cables aren't under tension.

Comment

I'll post some pictures, but long story short I actually had a 3 bolt, but the OE hydro bushing mount doesn't use the same 3 bolts as the ESP mount. Also some bad ass news, the mount and auto bracket can be removed completely through the top (minus the 3 bolts for the bracket which have to be removed from underneath) by simply dismounting the throttle body. It was even done without removing the coolant lines. Super easy. Anyway the long hydro bushing mount and the long bracket can be finagled through the opening without having to remove any other lines. Thanks for the help and encouragement guys!

Comment

Here are some pics from the motor mount swap. My drivetrain feels so solid now!

You can kind see how I finagled it out.

Though it would be easier to get it out through the bottom if you removed the axle.

Comment

And I got some good rubber wrapped!

Need to work on the ride height now.

Finally, my creepy Charger lol.

Comment

Those wheels....need much wash...

Comment

Lol yea.

Comment

Not sure if go fast goodies, or go slow goodies...

Comment

Working...
                                X