No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you check out af_1132s page? He is down to 2400 ish. This is going to be a nice weight battle. lol

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      So now it's time to cut some weight. Starting with the interior and the AC system.
      Are you planning to gut yours like mine, or do you just have a certain weight goal? For me, its about maximizing the power to weight ratio.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I'm getting rid of as much weight as possible. But fundamentally my car will be heavier than AFs. He's going for straight line performance, I'm not. So he doesn't need heavy, stiff sidewall tires. He's running much smaller wheels than me. Also I have an H22 with power steering that I'm keeping. I mean, it sounds like it could be fun to battle, but idk how he is already down to 2400lbs. I've done this once before with my Neon. Got it pretty low. Well see I guess.

On a side note alternator belt number for non AC H22?
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

And I have a sunroof...

Comment

Who knows how much a sunroof weighs?

Comment

I'm getting rid of as much weight as possible. But fundamentally my car will be heavier than AFs. He's going for straight line performance, I'm not. So he doesn't need heavy, stiff sidewall tires. He's running much smaller wheels than me. Also I have an H22 with power steering that I'm keeping. I mean, it sounds like it could be fun to battle, but idk how he is already down to 2400lbs. I've done this once before with my Neon. Got it pretty low. Well see I guess.

On a side note alternator belt number for non AC H22?
              Well, not 2400lbs, more like 2460lbs in an ideal race situation at the track. On the street it's at 2550lbs.

No battle, man. You've helped me find ways to shed more weight than I already have. I owe any future weight loss to you.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

So this I where I gave up:

Without driver
                Front 904 863 63%
                Back 536 491 37%
                50% 52% 48% 2794

With driver
                Front 1018 892 62%
                Back 645 527 38%
                50% 54% 46% 3082

Loaded height (Inches from wheel center to fender)
                Left Right
                Front 13.9 13.9
                Back 13.3 13.6

Good news. I lost 160lbs and the there's now zero wedge in it. But gaining a cross weight to 50%, I lost fore aft distribution a bit along with taking so much weight out of the rear front/rear distribution also took a mild hit. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. AV system, other random stuff under then hood. Move the battery, sound damping material (alot). The just little stuff after that. I also did a toe alignment. 0.9 total toe out. I'll do some fine adjusting when I can get on a rack. But at least it's better than the 2.2 toe in I had from changing the camber. Now it's time to drive it!

Comment

Just went through your entire thread man and looking forward to seeing what you have in store for your car. I'm sort of leaning more towards road racing as well I just need to get my car more in order. All in all, nice car man.

Comment

Thanks! I was supposed to go to Waterford next month, but my car didn't pass tech... My front main seal is leaking a little bit. So no track for me until I get that fixed.

Comment

Who knows how much a sunroof weighs?
                      Somewhere around 25 lbs. for everything, i believe.

Comment

Only 25lbs for the glass, motor, and the huge case that covers the whole roof?

Comment

Only 25lbs for the glass, motor, and the huge case that covers the whole roof?
                          Yeah, i'd say somewhere between 25-35 lbs.

I took mine out of my old '90 ex sedan. I remember it being lighter than i expected. The huge case is just an aluminum box that holds the glass tracks and allows for water runoff.

It's definitely worth removing that weight from the top of the car. I just don't remember it being as heavy as i figured before i took it out.

I'm keeping the sunroof in my new car ('91 lx coupe) because it's my daily but i've already removed the cruise control, power steering system, trunk paneling/sound deadening, spare tire and tools, glovebox(it was crooked anyway), roof and rear deck interior paneling(roof panel will be reupholstered). The real weight savings without sacrificing too much for me comes in customizing/resizing engine brackets to remove material, lighter body panels and seats.

I think on this chassis, the most noticeable mods would be the body, finding lightweight 17's that fit your tires and going on with your re-distribution of the weight.

If you wanted to get nuttier you could remove the front sway bar for whatever it weighs and change the rear sway and suspension settings to make up for the oversteer and tilt.

Saving weight is one of my favorite things to think of with these cars because you can accomplish quite a bit for free and it's HUGELY noticeable in the car's behavior which is fun for daily or track cars. /rant #sorry

Comment

Yea I won't be removing my front bar. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. Well see how it goes.

Comment

So for the first time in my life my car is in a garage! Found a garage 5 minutes from my house that is 50/month. Can't wait to actually tackle done big projects, like pulling the engine and replacing seals lol.

Comment

So for the first time in my life my car is in a garage! Found a garage 5 minutes from my house that is 50/month. Can't wait to actually tackle done big projects, like pulling the engine and replacing seals lol.
                                Lucky! I want a garage. Storage goes for way more around here.

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X