No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap. Why so wide? ... and so tall? It'll be cool to see a widebody CB, though, that's for sure.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It's only 15mm taller SLR than the original 195/60R15. I tried finding the widest tire I could relatively easily package on a CB. Anything wider and they just get taller lol. I built the motor years ago to handle all the beans one could throw at it lol. Might as well make the most use of it lol. And being a very experienced dynamics engineer I want to see what I can get out of my favorite little chassis. I still love my car, and she's really rough right now, but I finally got my shit together and I'm financially in a good spot to make my childhood fantasies reality lol.

'93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Yeah, after seeing that tire width I had to go back and look at your engine specs. And with the reconstructed suspension, it's reminding me of the Stanceworks K20 Ferrari build, if you follow that. I'm excited for this. Are you already able to fabricate on your own?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I can do enough fab work for what I'm doing, I built the axles in my Jeep and they hold up to jumping just fine haha. I'm not a body guy, so we'll se how that goes. But I can weld fairly well and I have the means to fab some stuff up. Mostly the suspension fab work will just be to reduce torque steer as much as possible. I don't think it's going to be as big of an undertaking as it seems at first. Just gotta get the car back in the shop, cleaned, and figure stuff out lol.

Comment

I should have the tires within the week, however I'm looking at "5+ months" for the wheels. Plenty of time for planning lol. Currently finishing up swapping a Walbro 450 e85 pump into the Jeep. Then I just bought a 1.4T AWD manual 6 speed Renegade on Saturday that I'm gonna pimp out this weekend. Sparco Terra 17s, 235 Firehawk Indy tires, wheel bolt to stud conversion, H&R springs, 500x rear swap bar (2mm thicker), GFB BOV, Turbosmart wastegate, stiffer multi-air springs, 3" catless downpipe, K&N filter, and a retune for 93 lol. Should be a fun little 30mpg whip haha. Then Jeep goes back in the garage, 580cc injectors, flex fuel kit, electronic bypass valve boost controller, and a retune. Then the Honda goes back in the garage finally!

Comment

Just ordered my FewH22Crew tcase, TransLab Top Gear Eliminator kit (ironically with an Accord 5th gear), HD 4.0 final drive, billet input shaft, carbon synchros, hardened sliders, PPG transfer gear, and probably a Wavetrac LSD. Haven't chosen the LSD yet. Went from a 3500 tcase to a an 11k build... not sure how that happened, soooo my old trans is for sale lmao.

Comment

where the F are you finding such parts haha... I tried looking for those once and nope. All i have is photos of these parts. Nice though!

Comment

Did you get their billet transmission housing for AWD or just the t-case? I have been eyeing their billet tranny for some time. But the price is steep, though I think worth it. Would love to go AWD in the accord. Curious what the turn around time will be.

so glad to see you back in the cb7 game.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    where the F are you finding such parts haha... I tried looking for those once and nope. All i have is photos of these parts. Nice though!
                    I think I just got lucky lol. H22 parts just came out from Trans Lab from a pre order started 6 months ago. The tcase was in stock when I got a quote, however the last bell housing they had in stock sold 2 days before I purchased, so now I'm waiting lol. but I have everything else .

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Did you get their billet transmission housing for AWD or just the t-case? I have been eyeing their billet tranny for some time. But the price is steep, though I think worth it. Would love to go AWD in the accord. Curious what the turn around time will be.

so glad to see you back in the cb7 game.
                    Just the bell housing. There's not a billet H22 trans as far as I know. Yea, this whole trans cost just about 12k lol.

Comment

Wheels are in! Along with 35mm wheel spacer and lug conversion until I get the new suspension up and running. Just shipped the trans out today to get built. A bit behind with the new house and job lol.

Comment

Omg thats sweet! What tires are those?

Comment

Falken RT660 in a 315/30R18

Comment

Woh.... 315....on 18. On a cb7.... What's the width of the rim & omg how are you making this fit? Haha. I must of missed a post or something.

Comment

I love this. This already looks epic.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Wheels are SSR Formula Aero Mesh 18x11.5. Accidentally went with a +18 instead of a +30... i tried changing the order. But I'll be redesigning the entire front suspension so it works out. Would have been nice to have that extra half inch of steer arm though...

Comment

Working...
                                X