No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, unless you already have an image in mind for the fenders, and you're into the Pandem look, a widebody is currently being produced for the four-doors. They sound flexible on working with custom widths, too! https://www.instagram.com/p/CjgVYSYLFZZ/

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I actually talked with them. Might reach out, but I'm going to try something I came up with first lol.

If you want to keep up on pictures and videos my handle on Instagram and YouTube is Badinvestmentbuilds. I'm starting to post content there.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        Did you get their billet transmission housing for AWD or just the t-case? I have been eyeing their billet tranny for some time. But the price is steep, though I think worth it. Would love to go AWD in the accord. Curious what the turn around time will be.

so glad to see you back in the cb7 game.
        Question answered haha. So a few updates on that. Ended up deleting 5th and cuffing it. I'd much rather loose 5th gear than risk tearing up these gears. Also got the Drag Cartel billet transfer case stuffed with PPG everything and ordered AKDs billet rear diff.

Comment

So here's an update. I'm almost done collecting parts lol.

New updates to engine.
          KS Tuned Cam gear and timing kit
          KS Tuned -16 AN waternecks
          RZCrew 50mm ITBs
          TVS 1320 Supercharger (exact same one I have on my Jeep)

Plan is to measure valve clearance and see if I can run the Skunk2 Pro3+. Then I'll design an intake manifold with an air to water cooler integrated good to 1000hp as I'll be twin charging later down the road. Supercharger packages pretty nicely actually.

Drivetrain:
          Fewh22crew Billet Bell housing awd trans
          TransLab/Gear-X Top Eliminator 1-4 close ratio gears
          Billet cuff eliminating 5th gear
          Billet shafts and sliders
          Full Synchrotech carbon synchro kit
          Wavetrac torsen LSD
          PPG transfer gears
          Comp Clutch twin disc

Drag Cartel Billet Tcase housing
          PPG transfer gears
          PPG Hypoid gears
          PPG billet shafts

AKD billet wagon rear diff housing
          AKD billet ring and pinion
          AKD torsen LSD

Still need to get driveshaft, coupler, and rear axles.

Suspension:
          Prelude SH front knuckles and control arms
          Prelude SH rear control arms with custom AWD knuckle
          Prelude Si-4WS rear steering rack and tie rods
          Custom hard points targeting 0mm roll center height front and 50-80mm rear
          Still figuring out my target anti geometries
          Custom front cradle using Prelude SH steering rack with adjustable height for adjusting roll steer.
          Not sure what route I'm going with dampers, but likely bilstein monotubes converted to take aparts with hyperco springs. Ideally I want 2 ride heights. Aero/Track and Street. Probably a 50mm difference would be ideal.

Brakes:
          Prelude BB6 Stoptech 328mm in the front
          Prelude BB6 track pads and rotors in the rear
          Need to Re run all my brake lines

Body:
          ​​Front needs to widened 130-140mm per side
          Greddy Gracer front lip
          Carbon front splitter and canards
          Big rear wing and underbody aero

I might be forgetting some stuff. But I finally got my shop properly setup. Getting the tig welder setup today. I need to sit down and plan out the work list. As far as work, I need to get my suspension hardpoint chosen based off ride height. Once I get them in place, tub the wheel wells so I have no interference lock to lock at full jounce. Then get the engine and aupercharger put together. Then rear knuckles. Get it running. Once ita running and tuned, widebody, aero, and rear steer controller and tuning. Hoping to have it drivable by June, maybe July. Would be nice to have it properly tuned with the rear steer functional by end of the season. Then summer 2024 is twin charging, then dialing in the hardpoints, spring, bar, and damper tuning. Then in a perfect world, Pikes Peak 2025.

Comment

Mmmmm…these is a very interesting parts list. I can’t wait to see it all come together. *also so you can prove out the SH setup and I can finally install it on my car lol
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Well, I'm not exactly going to be running the SH setup in a way that someone else would be able to without chopping up a lot of stuff, but I may be able to make a swap kit for running a smaller tire.

Comment

Wow. Impressed, some of those parts I had to lookup. And no 5th! Wow..... so this is going to be a drag car only¿

Comment

Not a drag car at all actually! That would have been much easier. Stock CB suspension and tires that fit are perfectly fine for that. This is a grip monster. I've been designing, testing, and tuning suspension professionally for over a decade now. Had a ton of money saved up and recently switched jobs after being at Jeep since 2011 which came with a 40% salary bump. So I wanted to engineer the perfect handling car, add a ton off rubber, massive power, AWD to handle the massive power, rear steer to aid rotating with those big front tires, and a supercharger to get out of the turns quicker, and ITBs because I hate how my throttle response ended up after putting that SC on my jeep lol.

Comment

Here's a video explaining what I'm doing with the suspension.

https://youtu.be/o15JHvyh3P0

Comment

Well. Above my educational knowledge kind of but I get the idea. The prelude was intended for a "sports car" while the accord was more the grocery getter'. Like other models of cars the whole knuckle / double ball joint setup aided in performance etc. But definitely looks like they took an accord and "modified it". I was thinking about how you're going to modify the front strut tower area.... , are you going to cut the top off a prelude strut tower and weld on to ours? The whole fender / strut area will need modification and that will get tricky with the double layer shell and having everything strong and aligned. I've seen two others do the AWD setup via youtube etc and one guy went into detail on how he had to basically cut the bottom of the trunk out and then modify things dramatically to get the rear sub frame / steering to function. Same goes for the drive shaft area. I'm sure you know. Used the B-series AWD for parts. This is a dream for a turbo car. Quite the project here....

Comment

I'm going to make a jig for the new points based off old reference points. Weld in the hard points, then cut/tub any other metal in the way. Then weld sheet back over it to close it up. Actually tonight I about finished up the new hardpoint locations.

Comment

Working...
                        X