No announcement yet.

bassrock234 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks! I got some pioneer tweeters in the mail today.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
      Started painting some of the black trim in the body of the car last night. I got most of the passenger side done and the bumper lip and the upper part. Also blacked out my grill.

How has the paint held up?? Did you clear it?? might have to do this

Comment

The paint is still holding up great. I just used the 99cent stuff from walmart. Colorplace is the brand I think? I like it better than krylon for stuff like this as it sprays a little thinner and lays smoother without looking to thick. No clear and no primer on it at all. I've never been a fan of rattle can clear since it always seems to put a yellow tint on thing's and honestly doesn't seem to make that big of a difference as far as being easy to clean and fade protection. But I did scuff all of them pretty good with 220 sand paper.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

For an update, I finally was able to get my car on the in-ground alignment rack at the lexus dealer down the street from our shop. It almost didnt fit on there because of the lip, but we made it happen. Anyways, even with the Ingalls camber kit which gave me +3 degrees of camber, the front still sits at -3.3 degrees. I've daily driven on -2 with both my trucks and never had to big of an issue so we'll see how that goes. Front toe is set at .13 left .14 right. Caster at 2.5 left 2.1 right. Rear camber is right on point at -.4 both sides. Rear toe is at .10 both sides. I plan to up the rear camber to -1.5 within the next few days. Anyone have any alignment suggestions?

Comment

bought wheels

16x7 +26 front
            16x8 +20 rear

Comment

I love the progress on your car. I like the color too. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks! hopefully I can get some tires soon and get those wheels on.

Comment

Interesting wheels. Never seen them before...and i like them!

Way to be unique!

What's with the center section sticking out so far? And do they come with caps/covers?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

great progress on the cb bro looking good keep it up

Comment

The wheels are Auto Strada Modena's made by Work wheels. It's a 2 piece wheel. The centers come out so far because there is supposed to be a 4 piece center cap, a disk,nut,cup, and pin. But the wheels themselves are pretty rare and the center caps are impossible to find. This is what they look like with center caps. But no I don't have them....

btw thanks wagonkid!
                      Last edited by bassrock234; 06-15-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Dang...those look awesome.

I hope you can find some caps. Cuz it really finishes the look. Still a great find though.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the caps, but not to worried about them. I have extended wheel studs on the way and lug nuts soon.

Comment

May i ask what brand studs you went with?? Im thinking about getting some ARP's. I love the progress on this build, you sir do not mess around. Keep it up

Comment

I bought Blackworks studs, but that was atleast 2 weeks ago and they haven't arrived yet, so I fear they might be on backorder. If they are im gonna go with ARP.

Comment

Started polishing the wheels today. I havent decided if I want to strip them and wet sand yet so I hit the lips with some polishing compound and then flitz polish.

I want to paint the face of the wheels white. Do you guys think I should paint the area under the bolts? or polish it? From the factory it's polished.

Last edited by bassrock234; 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X