• Show
Clear All

Wow that control arm angle is massive
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I going for an H22A just as soon as tax time comes around. The holes had to be cut to ride as low as I do. My function and forms are bottomed out all the way around. The front is still pre-loaded but its bottomed out in the lower mount. The rear is also still pre-loaded and I took 1 collar out. You would be fine with the camber kit as long as you don't go to low. Mine have actually tapped the hood before. But it's worth it for how good it rides being this low.
      Last edited by bassrock234; 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Maybe someone should call up Fat Four Customs and see if they can put together some drop spindles for CB's? That way you can roll slammed and still have some suspension travel.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

It still has a good bit a travel. A drop spindle would help with the angle of things though, or even a shorter oem spindle so the upper control arm doesn't angle up so much. I've looked into making a bump steer kit before with heim joints. I dont imagine it would be very hard but I haven't gone under and measured anything. Being this low, everything points up down below, axles, tie rods, etc. But I haven't noticed any binding or excessive wear of anything yet. Then again most of my parts are a year or less old.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
            I going for an H22A just as soon as tax time comes around. The holes had to be cut to ride as low as I do. My function and forms are bottomed out all the way around. The front is still pre-loaded but its bottomed out in the lower mount. The rear is also still pre-loaded and I took 1 collar out. You would be fine with the camber kit as long as you don't go to low. Mine have actually tapped the hood before. But it's worth it for how good it rides being this low.
            But at that angle youre asking for your upper balljoints to snap.

Oh and you do know that the functions will blow out soon due to the collar being removed right. Just ketting you know man
            NEW CB

new

Comment

why is that? no travel was lost, the rear is still fully pre-loaded

Comment

You are aloowing the strut to travel more then it should. I seen it happen before when people want that extra bit and remove the collar 3-5 months later theyre bouncing like they have cut springs and blown shocks.

Yes you may think its fine now and I'm crazy and dont know what I'm talking about.

But people have blown out the function and forms and D2's by doing so.
                NEW CB

new

Comment

I guess we'll find out hahaha. I dont see how though, the lower mount is completely seperate from the shock as far as the gas chamber and piston goes. The only way you would loose travel or bottom out the strut or anything would be to take the pre-load off, or cut the springs.

Comment

anyone else have insight on removing the collars?

Comment

Darkcloud is right, remove the collar and you go out of engineered piston travel range. It may work ok until you hit a big pot hole and then blow the strut.

Comment

but the spring is still in the same spot, same pre-load, same travel. Only the lower mount has raised allowing the whole assembly to be mounted lower. I can see that happening with coilovers where the height isn't adjusted independently of spring pre-load, but not with mine. So the piston would travel no more than it did before right? The only thing that has changed is the overall length of the entire assembly.

Comment

I'll make a thread in beginner tech and performance so we can get more opinions.

Comment

Did you take the strut apart and cut the shaft to move the piston up? No ... Then yes it will bottom out.

Take a look at above, tell me how shortening the length doesn't affect piston travel.

Comment

your diagram is incorrect and displays a strut or shock where the lower mount is one with the gas chamber and piston. My coilovers are not like that, the strut assembly is completely seperate from the lower mount. Imagine that picture you have there, but with the lower mount cut off and welded higher (just an example) Would the piston not have the exact same amount of room to travel as before?

Comment

I can make a crude drawing in paint if it helps

Comment

Working...
                                X