No announcement yet.

bassrock234 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you and i have the same steering wheel, only yours is in A LOT better condition than mine. lol.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Thanks guys.

The steering wheel didn't always look that good hahaha. When I got it I thought it was brushed finish, then I realized nardi doesn't have a brushed finish on that wheel hahaha. A good bit of polishing and it shined right up though. I also use a beeswax furniture polish on the wood part. Makes it nice and shiny without being slick. I need to get the original Nardi horn button, but don't really want to pay $80-$100 for one
      Last edited by bassrock234; 01-28-2013, 05:54 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

mine has chipping gold plating on it. got most of it off now just gotta polish it out. then sand the wood down. its got chips in it too... lol.
        COUPE K24

Comment

I normally like to update with pictures, but don't have anything new at this time.

For the update though, I did my taxes the other day and the govt. is raping me pretty good, no lube or anything, so I won't be getting an H22 anytime soon. I do want the car running again though so I may just put a new head on my F series with some gaskets and drop it back in.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Got tired of seeing it on jackstands so I put it together tonight. I had added some preload to stiffen it up some, but it's far to high now. I'll have to drop it some later on.

Comment

nice build

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
              thanks stretch, here's a closer pic I forgot to post before

reminds me of my car alot

Comment

Thanks. Finally found another job making alright money so this may start up again. I'm trying to save every penny I earn to hopefully buy an engine soon. Still need to finish popping a dent out so I can put the interior back together. Also have to finish the wire tuck on the driver side.

Comment

Stopping in to check on things.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Much appreciated. I have a friend that wants to start learning about working on cars so I think she and I are going to work on finishing my wire tuck tomorrow. Most is done already, just have the driver side lights left so we'll probably finish it up tomorrow. We may get to dropping the front back down but we'll see what happens. Ill have some pics either way.

Comment

Dropped the front down a bit. Hopefully when I drop an engine and trans in it it'll sit perfect. I want to redo my fenders also.

Comment

Love this build. Keep up the good work. Maybe a H23 Blue top could weigh that front end down some

Comment

Love the lowness,ive always loved hovering above the floor. I understand where you're coming from with the cooilovers I actually did the same thing to mine on my ef. I removed the collars and cut down the shock body to screw it up more.never blew my shit out and to tellyou the truth for 500 bucks it was worth it. But in many ways you Mess up alot of great parts due to binding. especially with our cars that have half shaft and axle angles. Tie rods get damaged as well, so a great solution which I'm going and you should consider is drop spindles.they don't shorten the spindle but place the axles up 1 inch by moving the hubs up, and tie rods up. I had them on ef. No issues whatsoever but super pricey, that's the correct way to lower any car. Just a fyi, but keep it slammed I'm going to be there pretty soon. Its a lifestyle

Comment

Appreciate the compliments guys. On the drop spindles, don't you mean move the hubs and tie rods down not up? Seems to me moving them up would make the angles worse. Either way I've never seen them for accords or really any cars for that matter, but I had a set on an old mini truck of mine. For the tie rods a bump steer kit would be tits. I thought about making my own with spherical bearings but never looked to much into it.

Comment

Filled the crack in my passenger side foglight. Hopefully now it won't fill up with water anymore.

Comment

Technically drop spindles are meant to drop at the stock height so yes if you do drop it more post the initial position of the raised hub then of course your tie rods and axles will bind.drop spindles are made by placing the hub up higher. They don't have any for our cars but they should produce some. It keeps everything parallel.

Personally would help with position of the uca from hyper extension, I never cut my shock towers
                                Last edited by mitsubishiv5; 04-01-2013, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X