No announcement yet.

bassrock234 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me how oil would get into the fuel injector ports?

I'm hoping someone did this to keep the seals lubed while in storage.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Previous leaky valve cover?
      How do the injectors look?

Comment

Well, there are 3 possibilities

1) your EGR system is working. May just be un-burt fuel recirculating through the motor. I believe this is normal. Someone could of used Sea Foam to try to clean out some of the carbon build up in the EGR system.
        2) you PCV valve is passing oil. Maybe just replace that or instal an oil catch can.
        3) your valve stem seals are done. Remove and replace, adjust your valves and instal a new valve cover gasket while your in there.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Inside the ports and the injectors both look fine and pretty clean. I'm a bit suspicious of this motor. When I pulled the valve cover the first time the valve cover gasket was there, but the spark plug tube seals were missing completely. I get the feeling someones taken this motor apart before, and thats kinda odd for a supposedly low mileage jdm engine. Hope its not the valve seals, i can deal with a pcv valve. I may see if I can get my hands on a leakdown tester.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I have the accord harness modified for the h22. All thats left is the vtec stuff.

I also sandblasted the motor mounts and filled them with 3m window weld. While at the auto parts store i picked up some new plugs too.

Comment

pulled the trans tonight. We installed the new rear main, flywheel and clutch. Everything was really clean inside.

Comment

looking good man smart move with changing the rear main seal

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Thanks

Today I installed the new header and also the accord ac bracket.

Comment

Make sure you tuck all your wires up. Or install the tranny outside the engine bay. I recently pulled my tranny to change and I got the vtec wires caught between the tranny and engine. Yes it bolted up fine and I tightened it down.

Good luck with the swap. Oh and that damn motor is clean.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                      Appreciate the compliments guys. On the drop spindles, don't you mean move the hubs and tie rods down not up? Seems to me moving them up would make the angles worse. Either way I've never seen them for accords or really any cars for that matter, but I had a set on an old mini truck of mine. For the tie rods a bump steer kit would be tits. I thought about making my own with spherical bearings but never looked to much into it.
                      Fast eddies racing in Southern California is making a set for older honda odysseys. As I recall, odyssey knuckles work on cb7s as a 5 lug swap. This is the same year of odysseys that he has been working on. (his car has a reversed head h22 and five speed in an odyssey). I don't know if he has finished the drop spindles yet, but it is in the works for him.

Comment

I had a buddy of mine pickup my power steering line today while I was at work. The shop did an awesome job on it and they told my friend that I'd go through 6 or 7 power steering pumps before I ever had to replace the hose.

Also have the transmission bolted back on, a/c compressor on, and the rest of the harness is done until it goes into the car.

Last edited by bassrock234; 09-10-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I love that Aeroquip p/s hose. They make good products. That shop did an awesome job.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                          MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

They really did, if you didn't know what it looked like before you wouldn't even be able to tell it was ever any different. The shop came highly recommended by a friend of mine who builds 1000hp drag cars so I assumed they'd do a pretty good job. They actually build lines and hoses for 18 wheeler stuff more than anything else, but they'll do whatever you want and they're the only place around here that carries an fittings.

Comment

its finally in!

Comment

That looks great sitting in there.
                                I might just have to scrap my f22 motor for a H now!

Comment

Working...
                                X