X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
      Also here's a short video

I just can not figure that youtube code out. Can some one let me know what I'm doing wrong? I've tried 3 or 4 different codes and none seem to work for me.
      FTFY

just use the youtube button and copy paste the letter/number combo after the "=" sign in the youtube link you're using.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Bought a cheapo oil psi gauge so I could use the mount

Debating whether I want to loose the functionality of my glovebox or not. It really just holds insurance cards and trash. I could find another place for that stuff. If i do find another place, I'm going to make a plate for inside the glovebox that will hold my vafc, wideband, an oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Went ahead and made a plate for the glovebox today. I spent pretty much all day on it and had it about perfect then I drilled the bottom two mounting holes in the wrong spot...... but at least I have a good template to cut another plate if I can't deal with the two extra holes

The plate after test fitting it at least 100 times. Getting the cutout right for the latch sucked big ones.

In the box

To mount it inside the box I used some angle iron, bolted that to the box and drilled hole in the front side with some of those clips that you can put a bolt in (I have no idea what they're called)

I used one piece on top and two smaller ones on the bottom

You can see the two nuts holding the angle iron in. The front two are under the leather cover over the front of the box

Used some allen head cap screws to bolt the plate in. You can see on the bottom where I misplaced two of the holes. I may be able to deal with it for now.

Still haven't figured out how I'm going to make holes for the gauges, but I'll figure it out when my other two gauges come. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Comment

Still need to wire up the other two gauges

Comment

smooth. very discreet placement

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Haha! I got it islandhopper, you don't have to fix my videos anymore hahaha

Comment

that looks so dope dude i love this ride great job so far

Comment

Thanks. I literally set the car on fire today, but don't worry all is well and there's little to no damage done.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                          Thanks. I literally set the car on fire today, but don't worry all is well and there's little to no damage done.
                          hahaha wtf?!

Comment

I was checking the oil the other night before I drove home from work and I had set my rag in between two runners of the header and forgot it was there. I smelled it about 3 minutes later so i stopped and it was completely on fire when I popped the hood. It was between the header and the block so the only damage is a little burn mark on the block.
                            Last edited by bassrock234; 06-14-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I use McDonald's napkins too check my oil, they are sturdy and I never forget to throw them away after checking my oil plus they are free! Also has anyone here had a oily rag just spontaneously combust? I heard it can happen but I never saw or heard about it happening and I work in a new car dealers shop.
                              " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Most dealers normally have a special can to put oily rags in just for that reason. We did at toyota. I've never seen it happen but the older techs up there told me that it had happened before.

Comment

Working...
                                X