No announcement yet.

bassrock234 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tree was on our property. We do have homeowners along with auto insurance but I only have liability on my car and truck. One of my wheels might be bent to hell, along with all the suspension parts on that corner, but I can't really tell right now until they get the rest of the tree moved away from it. The other 3 corners should be fine along with the engine and trans and pretty much everything inside. It's really all body damage for the most part.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I am so sorry to see this and read/hear for you loss. I'd be in tears dude. What are you going to do? Another car? Part it out?... I know you have so much time and money in it. :

^^^^^
      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I literally almost cried yesterday. For almost 3 years I've been pouring work into this car and now there's nothing I can do for it. I'm still in shock I guess. I just can't believe it's happened like this. Even more so that the huge tree just fell apart, for no reason at all. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. Just have to wait on the insurance company to come and see what they're going to do.

For better reference on just how big this tree is, here are some pictures my friend took from the roof.

Last edited by bassrock234; 08-14-2014, 02:57 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Damn, that is one big ass tree.

Comment

I'm still in disbelief. My jaw dropped to the ground yesterday when I saw the pictures on FaceBook. Hopefully insurance comes through and sets you up to be able to begin a new project.

Maybe buy another CB and salvage as many parts (including the H22 ) from your old CB and start a reincarnated project. Come back bigger, better, and faster than before.

Comment

Really sad to see something unfortunate like this happen to you, man. My condolences and best of luck salvaging what you can from the old girl.

Hopefully you still want to stay in the game.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks guys. Still haven't heard from the insurance company. We uncovered my truck yesterday, it might be totaled as well since book value is only about 1800.

Comment

In for you taking the insurance money, finding a mint ex teal coupe replacement and building another elite Accord.

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear about your car bro. This is very painful to take in. Coincidently I too have a monsterous oak tree in my front yard that I think about if it might fall and take out all the cars in the driveway, or even the house. Some heavier branches have already fallen. It sounded like a big ass crash and felt like a big ass earthquake when it hit too. Glad no one was hurt.

Looks like there is plenty that can be salvaged. Gonna have to take that wheel and hope the face is straight. If so the. You just need to look for lips and barrels. Engine and interior look all intact. Suspension is done. Good luck bro. I would find another clean chasis and rebuild.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Damn dude, that blows. Sorry about that. Im glad you guys are safe though, the car can be replaced, not you.
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

City moved the tree off the car yesterday. Now you can really see how bad it is.

Hopefully the wheel isnt bent to bad and I can just staighten it out. Being two piece I can't just get a new lip for it.

Comment

Wow, thats is unfortunate, I guess the tree was rotten inside for it to slam down on your car un aided by wind etc?

Brings a new meaning to slammed, some people pay for that wheel stance .

Its a good thing it only took out cars, and no-one was injured or inside the cars for that matter.

I suppose the rear end is the better half to land on if you plan to pull parts out to swap over to another shell.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Dang, that's fubar.

Hopefully you can salvage the majority of your mods. Have you found out yet how much insurance is going to give you for this?

Comment

I cringe every single time I open this thread. It makes me so sad.
                              Originally posted by cb9love
                              when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

I don't know what to say. This is so terrible. It's one of those freak accidents that makes you think "Really? Why did this have to happen?" That has got to be the largest oak tree I have ever seen.

I'm glad you are able to save everything in the engine bay and a lot of the interior.
                                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                                X