No announcement yet.

Wickit : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo I hit some obsticales today (not literally... Kinda.) So when I went to get a tune up they found out that I would need some Spark plug wires, a new valve cover gasket (WHICH I JUST PUT ON WTF!!!) specifically the O-rings/ spark plug tube seals and a distributor cap & rotor. So I was taking off the valve cover as I did before when it was replaced and when I took it off the valve cover gasket (grey rubber part) had a part coming off. And so now I can't put the gasket back and now I'm fucked sooo I'm gonna see if my friend can put it on (again) and if not I'm gonna see if I can take it back to auto zone and get a new one cuz the o-rings didn't work and idl about the gasket soo today wasn't that good of a day for me news-wise and money-wise but now I know what I need to get her back to normal. I've been thinking about selling the car to get my money back or gain a little profit from it and then I thought "it's my first car, Im gonna have to put my heart into". So I'm keeping this peice and "restoring" her and then even better than normal.
    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Same thing did and doing now, you'll love it and hate bro just set a plan on what you want to do. I didnt lol regret it buts its working out
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Lol my plan is to make the most bitchin CB7 I can xD so I'm sticking to that!!

Comment

Got deep pockets man??? Because youre gonna have a fun time LOL, I should have mine completed in Nov. After 3 years haha
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I hope to have mine done by next Christmas. Lol and no I have no job cuz I'm 15 but I get $25 every week for my 4.0 soo yeah. Haha it's gonna be a bit tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
              Is that an IAB switch right there? whats it doing there?
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                Umm right where? Haha is that bad? Is it suppose to be in a different place?

Comment

Umm right where? Haha is that bad? Is it suppose to be in a different place?
                  No, I mean why does your car have one? At first I thought they were for iabs in a6/h23/h22's, but I saw one in a civic. What's that one do?

Comment

No, I mean why does your car have one? At first I thought they were for iabs in a6/h23/h22's, but I saw one in a civic. What's that one do?
                    Which cord is it?? Hahah I don't know anything about it. But I know that my engine has a high whirling noise that kinda sounds like a turbo. But idk. What's it suppose to do usually?

Comment

Which cord is it?? Hahah I don't know anything about it. But I know that my engine has a high whirling noise that kinda sounds like a turbo. But idk. What's it suppose to do usually?
                      Theres a cord that runs along the firewall and plugs into that little black valve behind the IM. Usually it opens the IAB's that are on a6/,h23,h22. But I saw one on a civic And Tippey764 said he has one on his FPR. Just curious what it was for.

Comment

Idk what it's for... Haha sorry.

So 2moro morning I plan on redoing my valve cover replacement that I have done twice already. Now I know FOR SURE what needs to be done. Thanks to Tippey & YouTube (EricTheCarGuy) and I am gonna see if my mechanic can do a valve adjustment on tuesday. So after those two things my car should be a bit smoother and after the distributor cap, rotor and spark plug wires it should run A LOT better.

Comment

No that is not an IAB diaphragm that you see on his IM. That is ether the Fast Idle Thermal Valve (FITV). Or if you were referring to the object located further down where the IAB diaphragm would be. That is the air boost valve.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            No that is not an IAB diaphragm that you see on his IM. That is the Fast Idle Thermal Valve (FITV). Or if you were referring to the valve located down where the IAB diaphragm would be. That is an air boost valve.
                            Heh, I know what the FITV is, yes I was referring to the air boost valve. What is it? I saw one on a Civic too.

Comment

what do u have that is jdm?
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Heh, I know what the FITV is, yes I was referring to the air boost valve. What is it? I saw one on a Civic too.
                                It's just another one of those valves that can cause a surging idle when they go bad.... Actually, it's used in conjunction with the FITV to give the engine a little extra air during start up.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X