No announcement yet.

islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man! I think I'm getting some minimotos! I just need to get new low beam buckets!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

.....hay Matt those are illegal in our state you just haven't ran into a board wasp yet..... in our state you can't run any color headlights except white or the light 6000k hids I know because I had a wasp pull me over last weekend for the purple hids in my girls car he said no purple, blue, or yellow unless there fog lights then you can run yellow.... I'm still running purple in her car tho lol.....
      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Trust me its illeagal, halgen gives a yellow look i'm guess, but in hid its no more then 6K, I have 5k now and I kno for a fact i'll get pulled sooner or later because it has a bllusih tint.

But if you can get away with more power to you
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
          Man! I think I'm getting some minimotos! I just need to get new low beam buckets!
          Do it!

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
          .....hay Matt those are illegal in our state you just haven't ran into a board wasp yet..... in our state you can't run any color headlights except white or the light 6000k hids I know because I had a wasp pull me over last weekend for the purple hids in my girls car he said no purple, blue, or yellow unless there fog lights then you can run yellow.... I'm still running purple in her car tho lol.....
          That's funny, cuz i recently had a discussion with an off-duty WSP officer and from what i can gather, they don't really give a shit. The best way to get noticed is with pink, purple or deep blue lights.

Here in this little town i see the same cops daily, multiple times a day...and they haven't even given me a second look. Im not saying it's not "illegal" im just sayin' there are bigger fish to fry...

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
          Trust me its illeagal, halgen gives a yellow look i'm guess, but in hid its no more then 6K, I have 5k now and I kno for a fact i'll get pulled sooner or later because it has a bllusih tint.

But if you can get away with more power to you
          Word.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

damn thats alot of yellow
            back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
              Im glad i live in a place where cops aren't haflway up my ass about my high quality, properly aimed, better than OEM lighting...
              and i don't think "halogen" is a color.
              I wish our cops were halfway up some of the asses of these giant trucks and their headlights blaring in my rear view.

Again they look awesome man. Cannot wait to see them in Long beach!!

Did you take any pictures of the outside of the light fixture from the back? Like how you ran then wire into the housing and whatnot.
              "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                damn thats alot of yellow
                oh yeah

Originally posted by Oreellyfool View Post
                I wish our cops were halfway up some of the asses of these giant trucks and their headlights blaring in my rear view.

Again they look awesome man. Cannot wait to see them in Long beach!!

Did you take any pictures of the outside of the light fixture from the back? Like how you ran then wire into the housing and whatnot.

Thanks dude! Long Beach is gonna be awesome. Hope the weather is decent.

I don't have any pictures of the wires routed through the shallow channel at the bottom of the bulb opening, but you can clearly see the channel in this pic...

Here you can see the rear of the projector assembly and the D2S adapter with the cutoff leads coming through the opening. The cutoff leads and CCFL wires go under the silicone washer and through the channel...

hope this helps

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I love the retro. Looks like I'll be ditching my TSX's for a set of Mirimoto's this summer.

I can't justify using TSXs when it looks so much more simpler with the kit from Retrofit Source.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Are the smaller wires for angel eyes?
                    And I was wondering about pictures of how the back of the whole housing looks with the wire coming out (not just the internal reflector housing). Maybe even one of a downward angle into the engine bay at the top of the headlight housing to see how tight it is compared to stock. (I am really just preparing you for the ultimate write-up on this)
                    "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                      I love the retro. Looks like I'll be ditching my TSX's for a set of Mirimoto's this summer.

I can't justify using TSXs when it looks so much more simpler with the kit from Retrofit Source.
                      Thanks dude....and i say go for it...it was simple as pie. Just takes a brain.

Originally posted by Oreellyfool View Post
                      Are the smaller wires for angel eyes?
                      And I was wondering about pictures of how the back of the whole housing looks with the wire coming out (not just the internal reflector housing). Maybe even one of a downward angle into the engine bay at the top of the headlight housing to see how tight it is compared to stock. (I am really just preparing you for the ultimate write-up on this)
                      The red & black leads protruding from under the D2S adapter are the pos. and neg. wires for the cutoff solenoid. You wire them into the highbeams so you have bi-xenon functionality. The CCFL wires are white (not pictured).

I'll snap that pic for you later tonite....

Write-up is in the works.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Check it...just picked up a set of Phillips 85122+ bulbs for $40. They retail at the dealership for $194 each+tax+labor.

Some guy just bought a REX and swapped in some 8k bulbs and "no longer needed" the Phillips bulbs. They're practically new! (11' WRX)... To top it off he threw in a set of used 6k bulbs for free! What a score, eh? Gotta love craigslist! Anyway, onto the pix...

The output is insane...i thought the 3k morimoto's were nuts...this is fucking bonkers. I cut through everyone's lights, even other projectors with phillips lamps (found an 09' Acura TL on the way home). Fuck yeah.
                        Last edited by islandhopper; 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

So awesome. I still love the yellow though.

Comment

Looking good. Love the way you're taking the CB. Keep it up.
                            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              So awesome. I still love the yellow though.
                              Thanks, man. I'm keeping the 3k Morimoto's for a rainy day (literally). I'll keep them with me so i can pop them in when the weather gets shitty. But for now, since spring is here, i'll rock these uber bright white lamps.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                              Looking good. Love the way you're taking the CB. Keep it up...
                              Thank You, Sir. It's only going to get better, trust me.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Those Phillips bulbs are off the hinges. For $40 too!!!! Damn son, solid score. Way to pile on some more sauce. I'm completely loving you progress.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Working...
                                X