islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
    can't wait to see this car in person soon..... Hanna ill introduce her to my two sexy ladies
    Yeah buddy! I'll keep an eye out for the next international meet.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
    mmmm love the smell of fresh tires
    me too. They should make an air freshener in that scent..............

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
    What are the plans for the wheels?? Lookin good though bro, cant wait to see her after shes resprayed
    Thanks!

Not really sure about the wheels yet. Definitely need to be cleaned up. And i'd really like to find some lug covers for them.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Soooooooo.....couldn't mount my wheels up this weekend. Know why? Cuz apparently my open ended muteki lugs were in my car when it got jacked. At least that's the only thing i can come up with after dismantling my garage from top to bottom searching for the bastards. I don't know why i would have had them in there, but it is possible. Oh well...found a killer deal online and bought another set last night.

anyways...

Right now they're battleship gray..kinda. Thinking about stripping them down and respraying them in a gunmetal with a metallic finish. I thought about polishing them, which would be cool, but im not sure if it would work with my car. Im open to ideas, so feel free to make suggestions.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I don't think you could go wrong with polishing them. It would totally break up that scheme that you have going on, but in a good way.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Bumping this up cause I wanna see these wheels mounted!!!!

Also thanks agin for the info on those d2s bulbs ordered a set and now just waiting to recieve them.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
          Wimp go low or go home haha
          Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
          Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

I would also like some updates yo And its kinda hard to tell from the pictures but those wheels look pretty decent now. If they need cleaning up, I think a nice gunmetal color would go pretty well. I'm not a fan of uber shiny wheels lol

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
              I don't think you could go wrong with polishing them. It would totally break up that scheme that you have going on, but in a good way.
              For shits'n'giggles i think i might mount them up after resurfacing them, just to see what they might look like when polished.

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
              Bumping this up cause I wanna see these wheels mounted!!!!

Also thanks agin for the info on those d2s bulbs ordered a set and now just waiting to recieve them.
              No problem, bud!

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
              I would also like some updates yo And its kinda hard to tell from the pictures but those wheels look pretty decent now. If they need cleaning up, I think a nice gunmetal color would go pretty well. I'm not a fan of uber shiny wheels lol

Yeah, im thinking a darker color...but i may change my mind....

Here's pics mounted up.

Front will go lower, but im leaving it up for now till im comfortable with how it drives over bumps and such. Once i know that im good up front, i'll bring it down a cm or two...or three...

The rear is tucking about a 1/4in of tread. NO RUBBING AT ALL. Honestly, im amazed. I didn't adjust the ride height at all from when i had the 14in Galant wheels mounted. I was shocked when i set her down and i still had clearance.

sorta...

Put on some HOA badges. Also had a passenger mirror block-off plate sitting around so i figured i'd install it.

Can't wait for bodywork and paint!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

gunna paint the bumpers too?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

STANCEWARS was PACKED. 2800+ cars...

Found this guy rollin by my spot (which was excellent btw), dunno if he's a member or not.

Then some pimp in a CB9 swagon pulled up and i was like ahhhh yeeaaahhhh...

MercyBoy made it down from Canada with a few later gen accord driving friends!

J swapped civic

filthy s2k... ...s15 behind it was just as sick.

Some shots from the NWAccord cruise, around the UW campus, after we dipped out of STANCEWARS this afternoon.

Are buddy in seattle owns this classy 8th gen..

So nice...

The weather was awesome and the cars were better. i had a blast today.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                      gunna paint the bumpers too?
                      Probably not. Stayin' true to the DX platform.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Damn I always miss the good meets and I know the guy with the j swapped ek .

Comment

Yeah dude...too bad you didn't make it. Even if you woulda brought the suby you still would have had a blast. SOOO MANY incredible cars there. More than i had time to see. And the after-meet cruise was fun too. Hopefully you (and your CB) make it to one of the upcoming meets!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

1:05

just saw CB_JoeyG at 1:12
                            Last edited by islandhopper; 03-10-2013, 10:13 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                              Yeah dude...too bad you didn't make it. Even if you woulda brought the suby you still would have had a blast. SOOO MANY incredible cars there. More than i had time to see. And the after-meet cruise was fun too. Hopefully you (and your CB) make it to one of the upcoming meets!
                              Just drove the cb today actually , still gotta fix that damn door latch . Let me know next meet your going to and ill get on out there with the cb
                              Last edited by c91bse7; 03-10-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Car is looking good ma dude. I'm diggin the black fenders right now. It will look even better once everything is repainted, but for now it is baws mode. I also hate you for owning those wheels cuz I am mad jelly lol

Comment

Working...
                                X