No announcement yet.

daovangphotos : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are still around, can you share how you got your side skirts to hook / connect ?

I've tried many methods and am about to simply put screws from top down, noticable when you open the doors though.

Comment

nice hellas
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        If you are still around, can you share how you got your side skirts to hook / connect ?

I've tried many methods and am about to simply put screws from top down, noticable when you open the doors though.
        That's exactly how I have mines hooked up

Originally posted by tommi View Post
        nice hellas
        Thanks. They are Hella loud too lol.

MRT

Comment

Yesterday at the annual California Accord Meet in San Pedro (Los Angeles, California)
          Pulled my car up next to timmy0tool's car for some photos with an OG

Last edited by daovangphotos; 06-26-2016, 09:01 PM.

MRT

Comment

Nice! ps - you must scrape a lot

Comment

Nice! ps - you must scrape a lot
              Lol, nope.
              Only over speed bumps
              I avoid places with them haha

MRT

Comment

Both your cars are very beautiful. Very nice photo shoot
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Both your cars are very beautiful. Very nice photo shoot
                  Thanks
                  Wish I didn't get sun burned so I'd have more motivation to shoot more that evening.

Drove a 5 hours just to attend the largest Accord gathering on the west coast, and drove another 5 hours to get home same day lol.
                  It was worth it

MRT

Comment

Nice photos! The sun was definitely out in full force that day! I got to meet Tim shortly before the meet ended. Real nice guy! His car is definitely a sight to see. I was parked just two cars over from his, but left right when they announced that folks could leave (I didn't want to get mixed up in the bulk of departures). The meet was awesome, the first one I've ever gone to while owning my CB7. In a sea of low stances and tucked tires, mine looked like it stood stock height!

I'd complain that it took me almost two hours to get home despite getting there in 40 minutes, but I that pales in comparison to your trek out!
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                      Nice photos! The sun was definitely out in full force that day! I got to meet Tim shortly before the meet ended. Real nice guy! His car is definitely a sight to see. I was parked just two cars over from his, but left right when they announced that folks could leave (I didn't want to get mixed up in the bulk of departures). The meet was awesome, the first one I've ever gone to while owning my CB7. In a sea of low stances and tucked tires, mine looked like it stood stock height!

I'd complain that it took me almost two hours to get home despite getting there in 40 minutes, but I that pales in comparison to your trek out!

Is this one yours?

MRT

Comment

Been a while.

Here are some updates.

I changed out my bad hub bearings (used extra set of wheel hubs as I have the ROH conversion)

Alignment was set to +10 due to the SPC upper ball joint. (without proper reading for adjustments, toe looks to be more 0 at this setting)
                        (Caused reading at ZERO to still have negative toe)

Replaced the double stack and gutted H22/3 manifold with a skunk2 pro manifold.
                        (If you did not know, the H swap with Skunk2 manifold sits really close to the brake booster. Had to hammer in the booster to allow clearance)

MRT

Comment

Engine bay looks amazing! But I'm curious... i never had to hammer in my brake booster for the Skunk2 intake manifold. Do you have ABS with the larger booster maybe?

Comment

Now, I did recently have the car die on me at an intersection.
                            Upon throwing parts and diagnostics, I found the timing to have jumped, not a tooth, but by 45 degrees.

Refer to photos:

Cam timing:

Crank timing:

Mangled balance shaft tension spring:

Misc photos of the internal head parts:

And as stated, timing jumped at idle, so compression was good on all cylinders: (Test was done with a MacTools compression tester, far more accurate than off brand testers used in the past)

Just awaiting the factory hydro tensioner parts that holds the tension pulley in place, then I can remove the H23 manual tensioner, and install the hydro tension with the billet manual tension adjuster and get her back on the road.

I did start it up with the H23 manual tensioner just to listen to the engine, and it sounds healthy as the compression test proved.

MRT

Comment

Engine bay looks amazing! But I'm curious... i never had to hammer in my brake booster for the Skunk2 intake manifold. Do you have ABS with the larger booster maybe?
                              Ahh yes, ABS must've had something to do with a larger brake booster.
                              I did not hammer too much, just a small dent to give clearance.
                              Because anything above 5% throttle, the manifold sits on the booster and you can hear and feel all the vibrations, and gets louder as the RPMS rise lol.
                              Imagine 7,500 lol
                              I could never drive it more than just a 1st gear pull.
                              Any gear 2-5, I had to shift in between 2-3k and keep throttle low, until i banged out the booster.

MRT

Comment

Yes, I once ordered the ABS brake booster by accident and I remember having to jack the engine up on that side to get it in and the rod was a different length. It was 1" larger than the non-ABS one.

Comment

Working...
                                X