Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    I figured something was taken out of the back end... I spied those arms on the ground behind the car! There's a 9th gen Civic sedan on my street that has stupid camber to fit some low offset mesh wheels. Rear angle is almost the same as your joke photo. It looks terrible. Even worse is that the owner looks like they pulled the fenders with a crowbar... Shameful.

That's a good shipment there!
    Geez all bad for a new car, there are some cars that can look nice with it but depends on the person's pocket to go all out

As for parts I just ordered more cheddas auto bits. He's products are great. I'm trying out his shifter bushings and rear strut bushings. Will also replace the the rear lower strut rubber bushings with poly. I still need to pick up my other block for.My build. I may get the car going as is with looks and drive til I get my paint color. It's going to be unique all the way around can't wait I hope to show it at C.A.M
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I just installed Cheddas shifter bushings and Shayspec shift assembly mounts. Feels great! I have all my rear poly, just have to find the time to install.

CAM sounds like fun... I will definitely make the time to go this year!
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
        I just installed Cheddas shifter bushings and Shayspec shift assembly mounts. Feels great! I have all my rear poly, just have to find the time to install.

CAM sounds like fun... I will definitely make the time to go this year!
        Nice does the shifting feel more solid??

I hope to see you there at .c.a.m
        NEW CB

new

Comment

The lateral play was noticeably reduced. The gear engagement is more solid. The bushings have far tighter fitments on their studs than the OEM ones. The tiny little lateral bushing on the shifter completely disintegrated when I was removing it.

I do have to loosen the nut on the forward/backward bushing on the shifter. You can dial in the amount of resistance in the movement just by tightening it. I'm sure it may loosen up over time, but I initially cranked it down like I did on the stock bushing so it's stiffer in the forward/backward movement.

Comment

The cable needs to pivot on that shaft. If I were you, I'd find a replacement nylon locking washer and tighten it just tight enough that the lateral play is gone, but not so much that it causes binding.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I had to do just as Jarrett described with my FFC shifter bushing. Tightened it down all the way, it was too tight, so I loosed it up but by bit until it was loose enough to work freely. The shifter and cable bushings make a giant difference, I love the way it feels now.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                The cable needs to pivot on that shaft. If I were you, I'd find a replacement nylon locking washer and tighten it just tight enough that the lateral play is gone, but not so much that it causes binding.
                I'll try that.
                NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                  I had to do just as Jarrett described with my FFC shifter bushing. Tightened it down all the way, it was too tight, so I loosed it up but by bit until it was loose enough to work freely. The shifter and cable bushings make a giant difference, I love the way it feels now.
                  The difference is that noticeable,
                  NEW CB

new

Comment

I just adjusted the tightness of the lock nut on the pivot and it made all the difference for me, too. I loosened it up and re-tightened it bit by bit until the bolt stopped rattling. No added resistance and solid shift feel!

Comment

Finally got 1 of 2 f22b heads. I know most people have flamed me on selling my h22 for what I'm about to build, I have my reasons. Yes h22 has torque and blah blah blah I know I've been and seen them from stock to built. I want to try something off key. Stay tuned, there are some parts that I still need to get before I tear down my other block.

Will also be doing some stuff to the cb when.I can i really need to strip other stuff down
                      NEW CB

new

Comment

I'm definitely interested... why two heads?

Comment

One is going to go on my current block, and the other is going to be built.
                          NEW CB

new

Comment

Nice. Do your thing! Keep us posted.

Comment

Some light work that was in one piece now it's in 2 due how I'm routing the line in the cabin

Last edited by Darkcloud; 04-10-2016, 05:38 PM.
                              NEW CB

new

Comment

Peek of my new daily set up as I save up for some really good voiceovers.

Yes they're skunk2 sport shocks, that will be mated with coil over sleeves but with swift springs not the cheap ebay stuff. Again this will be my daily setup. As the race set up I want cost 1600
                                NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                                X