Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    Your experience truly exceeds mine! How do you preset the ride height?? I wish I could figure that out before installation!

Depends on the coil over which most are the same,I find out the spring length and how much they drop, at most 4in. So I set the fronts all the way down then spin them up to where I think I'll.have the perfect height and install them if they are still lower then I think I just adjust a few turn and done. Max time with install 30mins
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Got some things in the mail big thanks to Jarrett and Cheddas auto

F20b piston s for the build

And shifter bushings and rear strut bushings

NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
        Got some things in the mail big thanks to Jarrett and Cheddas auto

F20b piston s for the build

And shifter bushings and rear strut bushings

Are the F20b pistons going into your f22b/f22a swap? What kind of comp. ratio do you think you will be getting with those? I will also be swapping my f22b head on to an f22a block so I will be following that closely.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          Are the F20b pistons going into your f22b/f22a swap? What kind of comp. ratio do you think you will be getting with those? I will also be swapping my f22b head on to an f22a block so I will be following that closely.

I talked to another member who did this build using the same piston's. With the height of the dome of the piston's and how the valve area is not as deep as the f20b. The compression is near 17, but I'll confirm that later on as I have a lot to do. Considering I have most of the bottom bits, I still have the bay interior and exterior of the cb to mainly focus on. And as well getting a important bit in the mail soon
          NEW CB

new

Comment

Damn that's a high compression number! I got the Cheddas rear strut mount bushings too. They feel like they're going to transfer a lot of new road sensations into the cabin, but I'm looking forward to installing them!
            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Damn that's a high compression number! I got the Cheddas rear strut mount bushings too. They feel like they're going to transfer a lot of new road sensations into the cabin, but I'm looking forward to installing them!
              True that is at the same time I'd need a thick head gasket which will kill the compression a bit but hey it'll be torquey which I need on the circuit since I'll spend more time in the mid rpm range.

Lmk on the cheddas strut bushings I won't be able to test them right away sadly
              NEW CB

new

Comment

Compression ratio will be around 12.6-12.7:1 with these pistons in an otherwise F22B application.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  Compression ratio will be around 12.6-12.7:1 with these pistons in an otherwise F22B application.
                  Ah thank you Jarrett, I was realistically thinking near 13 comp at most again it was I only know what has been talked about have yet to fully do the homework on the ideal compression on this build with in the next month or so depending on how much time
                  NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                    Ah thank you Jarrett, I was realistically thinking near 13 comp at most again it was I only know what has been talked about have yet to fully do the homework on the ideal compression on this build with in the next month or so depending on how much time
                    Very nice!

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

So here is a bit of the slow progress on the cb, haven't touched her in over a week, been working 145hrs for the past 2wks, no days off sadly.

Wanted Cheddas top hats but for some reason, no one has gotten back to me from the company so I settled for the ffc

That's all for now
                      NEW CB

new

Comment

Looks good. Cheddas makes a CB7 top hat? What's the difference between theirs and the FFC's?
                        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

I spoke with Jordain about a group buy for Cheddas Auto top hats and he says he would need a group of 5 people to go in to make a run of them. I was supposed to make a thread on Tuesday, but I've been busy.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Looks good. Cheddas makes a CB7 top hat? What's the difference between theirs and the FFC's?
                            I.believe Cheddas auto is 2in. While ffc are 1.5in tall.

I spoke with Jordain about a group buy for Cheddas Auto top hats and he says he would need a group of 5 people to go in to make a run of them. I was supposed to make a thread on Tuesday, but I've been busy.
                            Sweet, if he can get that started I'm.in for rears, I've been talking to him about that
                            NEW CB

new

Comment

Hey guys haven't had time to work on the cb as well as great weather. Still have to remove my other car out of the garage
                              NEW CB

new

Comment

Sweeet FFCs man! thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X