No announcement yet.

bracersi: 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 430 dollars and it was a major bitch to get in. It's actually a 92-96 prelude harness bar but they said that is what they sold to jdmtrikcb7 and it would work with a tad bit modification and it did. It is well worth it though. It is a rock solid bar. You can't get it to budge at all. I am very impressed with it.
    my ride

Comment

After dealing with a bum buyer I ended up taking out a loan which I hate to do I now have money to go to cali. But after dealing with the money mess and doing it without selling the engine, I have decided the project frankenstein must go on. Opend the head up and everthing is good to go. Here are some pics, inspect and give concerns if you wish. Upon the purchase of a h22 head which is in the process right now I will be getting rid of this h23 head so look for it to soon be up for sale. If h22 head falls through then low compression build and turbo. If h22 head enters my life then it is high compression n/a. This f20a is gonna have to find itself in a 2 door cb7 shell in the near future with a turbo on it .
      my ride

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
        It was 430 dollars and it was a major bitch to get in. It's actually a 92-96 prelude harness bar but they said that is what they sold to jdmtrikcb7 and it would work with a tad bit modification and it did. It is well worth it though. It is a rock solid bar. You can't get it to budge at all. I am very impressed with it.
        im very much interested with this what company makes it and can you elaborate more on how hard the installation was on this like where exactly did you install it also how does the ride and space for the rear passengers match up can you still fit 3 in the back?
        Beast: Evo X
        Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by di2accord
          im very much interested with this what company makes it and can you elaborate more on how hard the installation was on this like where exactly did you install it also how does the ride and space for the rear passengers match up can you still fit 3 in the back?
          On most accords you have a seatbelt adjuster thingy that alows you to raise or lower your seatbelt bracket to how tall you are. After pulling that slide there were two holes left over on each side of the car. I picked the bottom hole on each side of the car and mounted each end of the bar there. The tabs on the ends of the bar need to be bent out a tad due to the fact that this is a prelude bar, not much though, maybe like a qaurter inch on each side. The mounts for the floor are done by drilling 2 hole on the floor spaced far enough apart to match the bracket. I would also would recommend getting 2 slabs of this metal roughly the size of battery tie down bars and also put them on the bottom outside of the car for extra security. Then once the holes are drilled then you slide the bolts through the mount, through some washers, through the floor of the car, through the metal bracket and then through some more washers, and then put the nut on. Not to difficult put just time consuming. Also would recommend putting some kind of silicone around the holes to prevent leakege. Very strong bar and you can even feel the effect when cornering, it is also a great oh shit handle for back seat people, just make sure they wear there seatbelts because they will be eating the bar if you crash. I am able to fit all 3 people in the back seat as if the bar wasnt there, the only bitch is having to lift your leg up a little more to get in the back seat. If you would like to purchase one call speedware motorsports in redmond washington at 425-869-5680. Ask for Andrew Morrison and tell him that you talked to a guy with a accord that he sold a prelude harness bar to and that you want the exact same thing. He will know exactly what you are talking about. They have them with and w/o fire extinguisher mounts. After seeing that vw video I got one with the mount because I am gonna buy a fire extinguisher. They cost roughly about 430 bucks with the fire extinguisher mount.
          Last edited by bracersi; 05-27-2005, 02:05 PM.
          my ride

Comment

nice ride my 2 liter brutha...

kickass job on the harness bar...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

nice cb7. its clean and simple with some surprises lurking around. nice stoppers

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
              cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

On most accords you have a seatbelt adjuster thingy that alows you to raise or lower your seatbelt bracket to how tall you are. After pulling that slide there were two holes left over on each side of the car. I picked the bottom hole on each side of the car and mounted each end of the bar there. The tabs on the ends of the bar need to be bent out a tad due to the fact that this is a prelude bar, not much though, maybe like a qaurter inch on each side. The mounts for the floor are done by drilling 2 hole on the floor spaced far enough apart to match the bracket. I would also would recommend getting 2 slabs of this metal roughly the size of battery tie down bars and also put them on the bottom outside of the car for extra security. Then once the holes are drilled then you slide the bolts through the mount, through some washers, through the floor of the car, through the metal bracket and then through some more washers, and then put the nut on. Not to difficult put just time consuming. Also would recommend putting some kind of silicone around the holes to prevent leakege. Very strong bar and you can even feel the effect when cornering, it is also a great oh shit handle for back seat people, just make sure they wear there seatbelts because they will be eating the bar if you crash. I am able to fit all 3 people in the back seat as if the bar wasnt there, the only bitch is having to lift your leg up a little more to get in the back seat. If you would like to purchase one call speedware motorsports in redmond washington at 425-869-5680. Ask for Andrew Morrison and tell him that you talked to a guy with a accord that he sold a prelude harness bar to and that you want the exact same thing. He will know exactly what you are talking about. They have them with and w/o fire extinguisher mounts. After seeing that vw video I got one with the mount because I am gonna buy a fire extinguisher. They cost roughly about 430 bucks with the fire extinguisher mount.
                thanks for the info when i get enough cash i will shurely buy from these guys thanks again
                Beast: Evo X
                Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

Nice looking car! I really like the Harness combo!!!
                  Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Very strong bar and you can even feel the effect when cornering, it is also a great oh shit handle for back seat people

i dig it dude, the aesthetical part is enough for me to like it, haha.

keep up the good work, lovin what you have done with the car overall

Comment

quick question so the harness bar do you guys think that it will work of us auto seatbeat guys?

Comment

Originally posted by 91cord
                        quick question so the harness bar do you guys think that it will work of us auto seatbeat guys?
                        Uh I dunno. Most likely you could because people are doing the auto to manual seatbelt swap, so you should be able to put a harness bar in there. Don't quote me though. If you pulled back the plastic over the back of your left shoulder where the electric seatbelt stops when fully up and took a pic I might be able to tell you.

thanks for the props guys
                        my ride

Comment

wow i cat belevi i just now looked at your car I love it very fresh clean so nice

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Working...
                          X