deevergote : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF, damn.

You should just buy a 5-speed Toyota Corolla. No more problems.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Those nice Falken wheels need refinishing already? Thought you got em new?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
        --Future Plans--
        *Parts I have*
        AEM cam gears (thanks to losimus)
        Collective Racing traction bar (thanks to h22sparkle)
        Filled OEM mounts (thanks to uslspct)
        Innovate LM-1 [color=DimGray] (thanks to Bisimoto - not really to 'install', but I have yet to use it)
        15" Nitto racing slicks (thanks to primocb7)
        CD5 lip (thanks to 93twodoorLX)
        JDM sidemarkers (thanks to AccoredWarrior)
        Extra JDM H22 head (thanks to peego)
        Pioneer 10" sub and a Phoenix Gold (I think? ) amp (thanks to 93twodoorLX)

*Parts I plan to get*
        Bisimoto 'street' header
        Quaife LSD
        Rear disc brakes
        Front and rear sway bars (Progress or ST, I have to see which will suit my needs best)
        Camber kit!

Cams, valvetrain, headwork, and forged internals are in the distant future. I haven't decided for sure the specifics of this just yet. Bisimoto, Collective Racing, and All About Performance (local shop) are the top 3 on my list.
        Sigh, one day...
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
          Those nice Falken wheels need refinishing already? Thought you got em new?
          Got my first set new. They got trashed, and 3 out of 4 got stolen, but the worst one of the set remains. There's actually a chunk missing from the lip (not necessary to hold air, but it looks terrible!)
          Can't buy them new anymore. They were discontinued many moons ago.
          I bought another set from a CB7tuner member that was originally bronze as I wanted. He had them up for sale, then decided to use them. Then he stripped all the bronze off, spraypainted them a hideous gold, and took sandpaper to the lips to polish them. They look like crap... so I need to undo all that he did and try to match the previous bronze!
          I got another set of 3 (basically to replace the ones that were stolen) from a friend that found them for sale. They're in OK shape, though one was cracked and welded at some point. They're silver, so they also need to be painted.

So yeah... I have 8 wheels... not a single one worth putting on the car as-is!

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
          Sigh, one day...
          Let's see... Let's revisit this list...

--Future Plans--
          *Parts I have*
          AEM cam gears (thanks to losimus) - Still in the basement.
          Collective Racing traction bar (thanks to h22sparkle) - Installed. Actually, since my front end is a bit tweaked thanks to an unreported accident while owned by a previous owner... this bar is now welded to my frame.
          Filled OEM mounts (thanks to uslspct) - Installed.
          Innovate LM-1 [color=DimGray] (thanks to Bisimoto - not really to 'install', but I have yet to use it) - Still sitting in my closet, hasn't been used. Car hasn't been driven since I got it!
          15" Nitto racing slicks (thanks to primocb7) - Still have em. I'm sure they're no good now.
          CD5 lip (thanks to 93twodoorLX) - Still have it. Brand new in the packaging. Still intending to install it!
          JDM sidemarkers (thanks to AccoredWarrior) - Still in the basement.
          Extra JDM H22 head (thanks to peego) - Sold that one. Got another from a friend that was in better condition. That, and the bare block in my basement, are for when I blow my current H22A.
          Pioneer 10" sub and a Phoenix Gold (I think? ) amp (thanks to 93twodoorLX) - Also still in the basement. Wires are still run for it, but we never finished.

*Parts I plan to get*
          Bisimoto 'street' header - Nope. And now I never would.
          Quaife LSD - Eventually, perhaps. I currently have a Phantom Grip (thanks to excalibur02) sitting in my basement as well.
          Rear disc brakes - Done. Installed (thanks to tippey)
          Front and rear sway bars (Progress or ST, I have to see which will suit my needs best) - Rear sway bar acquired as of last Spring. Got it in the trade for my 86 Accord.
          Camber kit! - Front TASauto (POSauto) kit is installed. Crappy aftermarket arms with cheap poly bushings and an Ingalls ball joint.

Cams, valvetrain, headwork, and forged internals are in the distant future. I haven't decided for sure the specifics of this just yet. Bisimoto, Collective Racing, and All About Performance (local shop) are the top 3 on my list.
          ---it's funny... Bisimoto is all but done with Honda, and he's lost my business. Collective Racing may still be going under another name, but since 2point6 has distanced himself from the company (last I heard) and his CB7, I'm not as fascinated by them (though if they're still around, I would still fully trust them. They were always a good company.) All About Racing closed its doors many years ago now.

Comment

Working...
          X