Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX

damn who was doing burnouts?!?!!?

Looking good tho and yea whats new with the cb mike?

Comment

Got myself a Fiber Images OEM style hood... I have to adjust the latch before it's worth taking pics of though. Other than that, I haven't done much to the car... other than breaking 224,000 miles! I have a pic of 222,222.2

Comment

No, that won't be going on my car. I'm trading/selling it to a friend. The idiots that made it tapped the wrong holes, so it won't fit without using pins and eliminating the hinges... not what I want. When I buy a CF trunklid again, it will NOT be from Street Concepts!

Comment

that sucks deev. how would it come off? pins like a hood and just pop straight off?

Comment

Yeah, I suppose... Pop the pins, turn the key, and lift that sucker right off! When I had it sitting on the car (with the hinges tied down) it looked damn good. I definitely want another one in the future! I just don't want to deal with pins My friend, on the other hand, isn't opposed to going a bit more stripped down. The additional weight savings of removing those rear springs appeals to him, I believe. I've seen race and show cars with trunk pins, so it's nothing too weird.

Hell, if I eliminated the latch on my hood and just used pins there, it would look perfect as well! I think I know how to fix that though...

Comment

you can get locking hood pins if youre concerned about ppl popping your hood, but then you need a separate key in each..

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Nah, I don't want pins at all... And it's not people popping that I'm scared of It's having the hood meet my windshield at 85mph! I know you know what that's like, Mike! (hell, I'm actually using the latch that I got for you the day that happened!)

Comment

cant wait to see the hood on your car. i figured it would look better on ur car then it did on mine.
                  it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Nah, I don't want pins at all... And it's not people popping that I'm scared of It's having the hood meet my windshield at 85mph! I know you know what that's like, Mike! (hell, I'm actually using the latch that I got for you the day that happened!)
                    yeahhhh.... at least it would only be a fiberglass hood, as mine was a heavy metal stock one

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7beast
                      cant wait to see the hood on your car. i figured it would look better on ur car then it did on mine.
                      Carbon fiber looks GREAT on Phantom Gray You can't tell it's not a stock hood from 25 feet.

Comment

Nice rims in the sig

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                          does that mean the hanabis are back on?
                          Not yet... That's just one of the best pics of my car

I have a friend that has a full set of damn-near-new 215/45/17 Nankang crappo tires that he's going to sell me for $100. Not great tires, but they'll get the Hanabis back on the road! I just have to meet up with him, which isn't easy (he lives about 2 hours north of me)

Comment

i've heard really bad storys about Nankang tires blowing out. if you look really hard you could probably find a set of tires shipped for around $250.
                            Those rims look real good, too bad they were out of my price range when i was looking for wheels.

Comment

Yeah, they're great rims. I needed tires, and I figured I might as well go for some good rims! I've only seen one other CB7 with them so far, and that car was white... so nobody looks like me just yet! Hanabis are still fairly uncommon rims, even though they're advertised in all the major magazines.

As for the Nankangs, I'm not thrilled with the brand either... but I don't have much money to spend these days, and $100 for a set of nearly new 17" tires is unbeatable. You can put rubber on steelies for that price! I have a few connections to get free mounting and balancing as well...

I DO plan on getting some REAL tires, but I may do that on my 15" stock alloys (not sure if I want to do it to the 6 or 7 spokes... I have 2 good sets). Good tires are much cheaper for 15" wheels, and performance can often be better, even with more meat. The 17"s will pretty much just be for show. I'll throw them on when I'm not doing any heavy driving.

Comment

heya, mike!

u sold the volvo already?
                                nice cb you have here,... how about the dx??? vet thru all 10 pages of this thread and kinda got a rough idea of watz happenin'.

can u elaborate on the terms you guys use to describe a cb??? sleeper, rice, ummmm ???
                                my '92 m'siaDM CB3 EXi
                                my '89 JDM CB3 EXi

my '98 JDM CF4 SiR

Comment

Working...
                                X