No announcement yet.

deevergote : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Volvo will HOPEFULLY be sold this week. I ended up coming home early from work today, so the guy that wants it didn't get a chance to check it out. I have the whole interior apart anyway!

The DX I mentioned was wrecked... it was going to be turbo, but I spun out and wrecked the rear. Parted it out. It was a shame... nice little car.

As for the terms:
    Rice is basically a term for anything that's gaudy or unacceptably flashy. Big, ugly wings, obnoxiously large or cheap looking wheels, "appearance" mods done to a car that is in great need of repair (rust, crazy dents, horrible paint). It's pretty much just a slang term for a car or parts on a car that are ugly It comes from the term "riceburner" which is a slang term popular in America for Asian cars (since rice is so strongly associated with Asian cultures). It's dumb, and often used by ignorant people, but it is what it is. A "ricer" is someone who chooses to modify their car in "ricey" ways (as explained above), or someone who drives as if their car is the greatest thing on the road (idiots with loud exhausts on Civics that weave through traffic and speed down small residential streets are pretty much the epitome of "ricer" )

A sleeper is a car that doesn't look very fast... no extreme exterior modifications whatsoever... Basically, my car in the early stages (and some would say now, even). With 75 more horsepower than stock, while riding around with hubcaps and stock suspension, my car was quite a sleeper Nobody expected it to be fast at all.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      It comes from the term "riceburner" which is a slang term popular in America for Asian cars (since rice is so strongly associated with Asian cultures). It's dumb, and often used by ignorant people, but it is what it is.
      Thats funny. I used to hear the term "rice rocket" a lot back in the '70s as a kid.
      Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 01-29-2007, 03:08 PM.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

ok,... so, ricey and sleeper. maybe i define ur LX as a sleeper whoz 3/4 "awaker"

yeah, we asians hv rice for most lunches and dinners.

any other terms used? say, my cb3??? all stock, no rust, no mods.
        or other conditions of cbs???
        my '92 m'siaDM CB3 EXi
        my '89 JDM CB3 EXi

my '98 JDM CF4 SiR

Comment

Originally posted by fobs
          ok,... so, ricey and sleeper. maybe i define ur LX as a sleeper whoz 3/4 "awaker"

yeah, we asians hv rice for most lunches and dinners.

any other terms used? say, my cb3??? all stock, no rust, no mods.
          or other conditions of cbs???
          Those terms aren't really CB specific. If your car is stock and in good condition, "clean" would be the main description. Sure, it's a common word, but in terms of cars, it often goes to describe a car that's well maintained and retains most of the factory lines. It's not as common to see a car with a bodykit called "clean"

Still, nothing is a steadfast rule. They're basically just terms that have a general understanding. More opinion than anything else. Calling a car "rice" is about the same as saying it's stupid or ugly.

Comment

I'm loving the car man. Clean and so fresh!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Car looks good Deev. How is it that I never noticed you were retrofitted until now? lol

Any recent cutoff/output pics? It's a low beam xenon retrofit with AUDI ballasts as well? So that means GEN III ballasts.....
              Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 01-29-2007, 11:45 AM.
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Any new updates on your ride Deev?

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Yeah... it's about to be parked for the year due to head problems... a full build will be coming in time!

Comment

Damn a year... man my ride was parked for two months and I couldn't deal with it.

Comment

Yeah, it's gonna kill me... I'm buying a newer car to hold me over though... 240hp, 280ft/lbs... yeah The CB7 will be back and better than ever though!

Comment

and so begins the sitting/waiting period. just dont procrastinate too long michael... it sucks being without the CB!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Yeah, it's gonna kill me... I'm buying a newer car to hold me over though... 240hp, 280ft/lbs... yeah The CB7 will be back and better than ever though!
                          Damn thats a lot of hp, what the hell are you getting? But once you rebuild the motor it will be like new..

Comment

Wow..nice ..clean ..and simple! I like it!

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote]

A sleeper is a car that doesn't look very fast... no extreme exterior modifications whatsoever... Basically, my car in the early stages (and some would say now, even). With 75 more horsepower than stock, while riding around with hubcaps and stock suspension[QUOTE]

thats what I want me car to be...a sleeper!

Comment

It's so hawt with those BBS's on it....

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                                My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Working...
                                X