No announcement yet.

deevergote : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not putting in a new one... just taking everything apart so I can mark the stupid flywheel (which means I have to source a stock flywheel... ) The clutch and pressure plate have to come off for me to accurately mark the flywheel (I plan on lining up a stock one, and just carrying the marks over... should work)

I wish I had money. I just want to build this damn motor now and get it over with! I miss driving the car! The GTP is nice... but I miss my bumpy, loud, old, efficient, quick, manual, HID-equipped monster!

Comment

Deev, Let me know if you need a stock flywheel. I still have my stock flywheel in storage.
      Carlos
      My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        I wish I had money. I just want to build this damn motor now and get it over with! I miss driving the car! The GTP is nice... but I miss my bumpy, loud, old, efficient, quick, manual, HID-equipped monster!

hey deev thats quite a description....get herrr doneee
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
          Deev, Let me know if you need a stock flywheel. I still have my stock flywheel in storage.
          Thanks Carlos, I may need to! I just need it for the markings, though... so if I can find one cheap in a junkyard, I'll just grab that. Easy stuff if someone yanked the transmission already! I don't know why I didn't pull the flywheel off of my DX motor before I sold it... it went to 97Lude, and he was putting it in an auto anyway!

Comment

sell the h22, go back to ole f22 and turbo, deev . it sucks living in CA, freakin smog

Comment

NJ is just as bad as CA with the emissions testing.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                sell the h22, go back to ole f22 and turbo, deev . it sucks living in CA, freakin smog

Why would you pull a perfectly good H22 to boost an F22?
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  Why would you pull a perfectly good H22 to boost an F22?
                  hasnt deev been talking lately that the h22 giving him problems. dont give me shit dude,tellin me i start shit.
                  Last edited by sackingz123; 07-23-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

you dont NEED to pull it apart to mark it to do a head swap... you could mark where the dizzy is lined up before you pull it off but if you want to set timing for real tho yeah youd need it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hasnt deev been talking lately that the h22 giving him problems. dont give me shit dude,tellin me i start shit.
                      Excuse me?

I asked a simple question.

At the moment you ARE starting shit, because I simply asked a valid question, which you clearly can't answer, and instead made some confrontational reply to.

If you would have read, he has been having problems because of a stripped spark plug, and not a bad engine.

It is far easier to have a spark plug thread fixed, than to pull an engine, replace said engine, and then boost said engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deev, I agree with Mike.

If you TDC everything when you pull it apart, then the bottom end shouldn't move.

And since you have to remove the T-belt anyway, you can always double check the marks under the lower timing cover to make sure it is all lined up.

It has a crank reference, and a front balance shaft mark, on the oil pump housing.

The head will be easy to get into TDC before you put it back on.

If you really want to mark the flywheel, then I would just get a little jar of nail polish and make a mark through the timing window that aligns with the little pointer on the block. There should be some material there, that is next to the teeth.

That would only take a few seconds, and you won't have to tear the tranny off.

Really, the mark on the flywheel doesn't do anything unless you are setting the dizzy anyway.

It isn't a bad idea to make it, but it isn't necessary for the purpose of fixing the head either.

If you mark the dizzy and camshaft end cap before you remove the dizzy, you should be able to line the dizzy back up within a degree or so.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The head has a stripped sparkplug hole. I already have a backup head (thanks, peego!) in case fixing this one goes over budget. If the current motor can be fixed without pulling it apart, I'll build the spare. If I have to pull the old head off to install the spare, I already have a potential buyer for the slightly damaged head (which should be easy to fix off the block)

I don't get the "why don't you just go turbo?" mentality... Turbo is great, but when you put 50,000 miles on your car each year, it's better NOT to have something that shortens the lifespan of the motor!

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          you dont NEED to pull it apart to mark it to do a head swap... you could mark where the dizzy is lined up before you pull it off but if you want to set timing for real tho yeah youd need it.
                          The only thing I'm afraid of is having the crank and cams not being 100% lined up as they are now. As things are now, I can set the dizzy to that mark that we so very fortunately made when we did the clutch, and I'm good. I don't want to risk changing the other factors that have until now been constants. I'll need to do it eventually anyway.. I mean, I'm well over 100,000 miles on this motor, and I'm pretty sure the timing belt is original (another down side to having the motor installed for me!)

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            Excuse me?

I asked a simple question.

At the moment you ARE starting shit, because I simply asked a valid question, which you clearly can't answer, and instead made some confrontational reply to.

If you would have read, he has been having problems because of a stripped spark plug, and not a bad engine.

It is far easier to have a spark plug thread fixed, than to pull an engine, replace said engine, and then boost said engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deev, I agree with Mike.

If you TDC everything when you pull it apart, then the bottom end shouldn't move.

And since you have to remove the T-belt anyway, you can always double check the marks under the lower timing cover to make sure it is all lined up.

It has a crank reference, and a front balance shaft mark, on the oil pump housing.

The head will be easy to get into TDC before you put it back on.

If you really want to mark the flywheel, then I would just get a little jar of nail polish and make a mark through the timing window that aligns with the little pointer on the block. There should be some material there, that is next to the teeth.

That would only take a few seconds, and you won't have to tear the tranny off.

Really, the mark on the flywheel doesn't do anything unless you are setting the dizzy anyway.

It isn't a bad idea to make it, but it isn't necessary for the purpose of fixing the head either.

If you mark the dizzy and camshaft end cap before you remove the dizzy, you should be able to line the dizzy back up within a degree or so.
                            The timing isn't at TDC though... it's 15 degrees off. That's why I want the stock flywheel to match it up. Line up the stocker with the bolts, and the mark will be right there. Just make sure #1 is at TDC, and then I'll have my 15 degree mark thanks to the stocker.

If I can ever meet up with 93lx, I'll have a Fidanza flywheel to replace the XTD

Comment

Mike...you got any RECENT pics of the CB?

like RECENT-RECENT ( no older than a month )
                              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Not a great one... but it WAS just washed and waxed! I need to realign the bumper and stuff, and get my 17s back on. Then I'll take it for a good photoshoot. I have some areas in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X