deevergote : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    CB7 neglect patrol...you're going to have to come in for some questioning. It will go something like this:

Deev:
    Me:
    Deev:
    Me:

Seriously...

The rust is returning.
    The rear brakes are original (waiting to do the rear disc conversion)
    The front brakes are pretty worn out (waiting to do the ROH conversion)
    I desperately want anti-sway bars.
    I'm waiting for the warm weather to put my 17s back on (got summer tires for them)

The interior is pretty tired looking.

The transmission grinds in 3rd and 5th (3rd not bad... 5th is pretty bad). I want LSD and a full rebuild.
    The H22 head has damaged sparkplug threads in 1 and 3 (and probably 2 and 4)
    The H22 block is... still surprisingly strong. But I have another and want to build a full motor.

The ECU program is imperfect, though pretty good. I need a burner to burn the one that MRX tweaked.

I'm looking at about $5000 for the engine and transmission, $2000 for the brakes and suspension, and $2000 for the paint and bodywork (if I have it done at a real shop this time)

Time to get the hatchback running well (turbo was going to come from evillejared, so that will have to wait until he recovers enough to help me out). Once I can drive the hatchback as a second car, the CB7 is going down for surgery.

If you want to throw parts at me, throw some forged pistons, Crower Stage 1.5 camshafts, Quaife LSD, etc...

My birthday is March 11.

Comment

Look at all those excuses!
      Carlos
      My Members Ride Page

Comment

I guess I'm on the other side of it now, eh Carlos? Only instead of a Civic and an MR2, I have a GTP and an Accord hatchback!

Comment

Ah the beauty of having a car older then some kids on this board....Itll come together faster then you think Deev!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

First off I like your wheels. I have the same ones 15" in silver on my civic.
            The other thing is that your drilled/slotted rotors are facing the wrong way I'm pretty sure..... I would think that you would want centrifugal force working for you? Idk. Noice carrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              My birthday is March 11.

and mine is March 23rd. big woop. wanna fight about it? lol. but yeah. ill expect a couple of parts or money from you. or hwey. even both would be good to me man. either is fine. my address is:

yeah i aint gonna post that. lol.

Comment

hey I havent seen you around before, you must be new on the site, welcome!!!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                  First off I like your wheels. I have the same ones 15" in silver on my civic.
                  The other thing is that your drilled/slotted rotors are facing the wrong way I'm pretty sure..... I would think that you would want centrifugal force working for you? Idk. Noice carrrrr.
                  Eh, I had the rotors put on by a shop, so who knows. They put gear oil in my transmission at the same time, so it's quite possible! I have some powerslots on my GTP that face that way, though. I put my generic (unmarked) front rotors on the GTP the other way than they are on the CB7, and I think they might be backwards. The directionality depends more on the vanes on the inside, rather than the direction of the slots and holes.

And yeah, Hanabis kick ass. My whole bronze/amber/gray look is based on the wheels I want to powder coat my OEM 6 spokes the same color. The Hanabis haven't been on the car in over 2 years... getting them on as soon as the weather gets warm (and I get a camber kit)

Comment

Pretty good looking. Are these before and after pictures?
                    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Comment

We need to nurse that motor back to health Mike!

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                        Frost White Member 13
                        My Ride
                        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Looking really good deev....so whats next for the cb now...
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                            Looking really good deev....so whats next for the cb now...
                            Coming off the road for a major overhaul. Those pics are like 2 years old Where was that, Rich? I can't even remember that!

The motor has two damaged sparkplug holes... Drivable, and hasn't been giving me problems, but the motor is tired... I have to rebuild it. The suspension needs to be redone (not the springs and struts, but everything else!) It needs tires. It needs another rust repair. It needs a refreshed interior. It needs the front bumper to be realigned. It needs a better sound system. It needs brake upgrades all around.

This spring, the hatchback becomes my driver, and the cb7 becomes my project.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Coming off the road for a major overhaul. Those pics are like 2 years old Where was that, Rich? I can't even remember that!

The motor has two damaged sparkplug holes... Drivable, and hasn't been giving me problems, but the motor is tired... I have to rebuild it. The suspension needs to be redone (not the springs and struts, but everything else!) It needs tires. It needs another rust repair. It needs a refreshed interior. It needs the front bumper to be realigned. It needs a better sound system. It needs brake upgrades all around.

This spring, the hatchback becomes my driver, and the cb7 becomes my project.
                              Shit man...

Maybe it's time for a new whip?

J/k man good luck with the project.

Though a CD5 coupe would be cool.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ick... I may own CD5tuner.com, but I really don't care for CD5s! (the coupe is a CD6... don't care for them much either)

The CB7 is definitely going to be revived... it's just a matter of when. Money is tight, so it makes quality builds go very slowly!

I've got a new whip... my GTP that I hate!

Comment

Working...
                                X