• Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics or ban
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Deev, have you tried adjusting the clutch master cylinder rod for free play?

Comment

Yeah, I have. I adjusted it all the way up, all the way down, and now it's right in the middle where it seems most of them are.

My friend's dad used a big pipe to pry the shifter fork lever, to force a bubble out of the slave cylinder. It worked for him, but I wasn't there when he did it, and I can't figure out what he did! That's my last resort.

AndyD, I didn't see that post until just now! Maybe that's all I need to do... just try driving the sucker and see if it comes back to life. I don't see how it would, but who knows. I'm just afraid that with partial pressure, it's going to do damage to the already crappy clutch components that I have in there (especially since they're brand new... that's no way to break in a new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate!) My new clutch stuff is XTD Stage 1 garbage. I only used it because my friend across the street had it on hand, needed money, and learned after he bought it how horrible XTD is.

Comment

Any up dates boss man?

Comment

Nada.

Going to mess with it a bit today, hopefully. Trying to get the courage to start it up after it's been sitting for 2.5 years! Still dealing with clutch pressure issues, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I really need to get this thing back on the road. I miss it! I sit in it from time to time, and it just smells like home.
              I like this. I sit in mine and feel the same way. It is funny but when bad shit happens I go for a drive and feel alot better.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Yeah, same here. When my CB was working, I'd come home from work (I drive for a living... at that time, it was in a 2002 Grand Prix GTP), and I'd hop in the CB7 and drive for an hour to unwind. When I can rely on the car, it's the most relaxing thing in the world. Right now though, it needs so much work that it'll be a bit nerve-wracking to drive it once it's back on the road.

Comment

I hear that. It will be worth it though.

Comment

For sure. Once I get it on the road again, it'll be easier to fix it up. It's hard to work on a car you haven't driven for the better part of 3 years!

Comment

Just keep us informed on the progress of the revival

Comment

f'sho!

Soon, I hope.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Nothing yet.

Well, no, that's not true. I went away the other week, and Jak Frostwhite and icedplaya123 came over and switched the wheels... I now have Prelude Si fanblades instead of my 93 coupe alloys.

Comment

Nice I'm tring to find some myself

Comment

Can't let this MRT die. Any luck with the CB7?
                                Nice car, I would hate to see it die (especially slowly). Are you still working a lot of hours and have minimal time for her? Hopefully you'll be able to find a new door and get the clutch working again which will put it back on the road. Post some pics if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X