No announcement yet.

deevergote : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pray for your car daily seriously though i hope you get it back on the road
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

the more you let it sit, the more damage you're going to put on it
      it is esential you dont let it get to 3 years, or else its really going to be a shitty engine

i get kinda cold feet too, the first time i start an engine for the first time, but i cant keep wainting forever

think about this engine like a girl you liked, but stopped talking to since freshman year, please dont let it get past senior year or else you'll lose her forever LOL
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Good analogy, Oscar!

Yeah, I'll be done school in 2 weeks, and I'm finally finished with my friends' weddings until September (I had a wedding/bachelor party/etc... every week for the past 3 months!) So I'll FINALLY have some time to dedicate to the cars.

I have to remember where to put the transmission fluid in, since the car isn't easily jacked up where it's sitting... I guess via the VSS? The wires there are pretty abused, though... I hate to remove that thing again!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Good analogy, Oscar!

Yeah, I'll be done school in 2 weeks, and I'm finally finished with my friends' weddings until September (I had a wedding/bachelor party/etc... every week for the past 3 months!) So I'll FINALLY have some time to dedicate to the cars.

I have to remember where to put the transmission fluid in, since the car isn't easily jacked up where it's sitting... I guess via the VSS? The wires there are pretty abused, though... I hate to remove that thing again!
          NO NO NO.

Not the VSS homie. There's a 17 mm bolt right above the drain plug for the transmission.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Accessible (and capable of getting a hosed funnel into it) without putting the car in the air?

The last time I did a trans refill, cpmike made it happen. And the car was in the air still, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Accessible (and capable of getting a hosed funnel into it) without putting the car in the air?

The last time I did a trans refill, cpmike made it happen. And the car was in the air still, I believe.
              flexible hose's work wonders man. lol
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

they make this hose you can screw onto quart or 4/5 quart bottles and you twist to open and close its awesome, and the hose is 1/2-3/4"

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I need to find one of those! That's awesome!

Comment

remove the reverse sensor or the vss mike

these people have never tried to work on cars that have weeds, and snakes underneath

that 17mm is going to be difficult to break w/o a long 17mm wrench

just make sure you put exactly 2.5q thats what it takes

either way, you're slacking, you dont need oil in a MT, to start it and move it out of the crater

if you do this, then the filling bolt will be the easiest way

Comment

or you can do it this way, i always do this way when i do a change, since the filler bolt on my tranny is super in i couldent do it, so what i did was a added the fluid threw here, this way, you wont have to lift the car up to add fluid in the tranny.

all you need is a funnel that looks like this:

and from there just start adding fluid, incase the fluid wont go down or is going down slow, just stick a long thin screw driver in, then the fluid will go in faster. You'll here a big "GULP" sometimes...thats normal.
                      Last edited by pedroalcala; 07-26-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                        remove the reverse sensor or the vss mike

these people have never tried to work on cars that have weeds, and snakes underneath

that 17mm is going to be difficult to break w/o a long 17mm wrench

just make sure you put exactly 2.5q thats what it takes

either way, you're slacking, you dont need oil in a MT, to start it and move it out of the crater

if you do this, then the filling bolt will be the easiest way
                        you don't need oil in the tranny to move? You sure about that? Last time I didn't have fluid in my tranny, the tranny locked in place and wouldent move, even if on nutrual it still wouldent move.

You need fluid in it to move. Or else it won't move. Trust me, I just happens to me not to long ago... And until I added fluid the bitch finally moved and wasent locked no more!

Comment

maybe to you, i've ran accord trannys w/o oil, with 5w/30, even with cooking oil, and have yet to seize one

the tranny vent method is the best one so far, the only thing is, it will take some time which aint shit

but....

in case you dont feel like doing this, there are a lot of ways you can do it

again, he doesnt need MT tranny fluid to move the car a few feet, he can even take the car for a 45minute drive with no oil, but there's no reason to post that he can

the gears in that tranny are still pretty oily, the forks aint going to seize
                          trust me

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't NEED fluid, but moving it without isn't a great idea when there are other options!

I was going to ask about that vent pipe. I figured it would work, but I wasn't sure. That would be the easiest way to do it by far (no need to remove any sensors, no need to get under the car to open the fill bolt...) That's the way I'll do it.

Are you sure 2.5? I thought it was 1.8 for some reason... I'll double check my Helm manual before I do anything anyway.

Comment

and God damn, you're close to 30k post LOL, thats a lot of posts

Comment

yo deevs! idk why, but this is the first time i'm seeing your CB lol
                                Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X