No announcement yet.

Quashish : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly i can't remember how much time was invested into each headlight individually...but when someone asked me how long the entire retrofit took (painting & aiming/alignment included) i roughly added up the time and it was about 6 hours TOTAL. So about an hour for one light, then less for the other since you will know what to do. A dremel is what i used to make most of the major modifications.

Don't rush things though. If it takes you 15min or 3hours, just take your time and do it right. It will pay off in the end.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Definitely not going to rush. I thought it would take like a day

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

It might if you hit a snag or two. I knuckled down after staring at all the parts for a few days and just did it. Once i wrapped by head around what i needed/wanted to do, i went after it. So in truth, it took about a week after i had received my parts to finish the retro. But once your balls deep you'll want to finish.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Deciding between these two

Top one blackhouse entire low reflector, leaving shroud and back bowl of high beam chrome.
          Bottom blackhouse everything except the back bowl on both low and high, and paint the shrouds black with gold flake to match my corner lights.

But I'm leaning towards the top one. Might throw some gold flake over the black anyway. I need to update my sig
          Last edited by Quashish; 08-29-2012, 03:02 AM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I like the bottom idea a little more, although it's tough to try and visualize exactly what you have in mind. The second idea seems a little more creative, a little more unique and a little darker...which is more my style.

If you have an xtra housing or two, you should test out your ideas to get a better idea of what the outcome might be.

I do know that if you leave the low-beam bowl chrome and put a black/dark shroud in, it will make the bowl very dark.

I traded my old mini-H1 set-up to Dirtyrice. He has no black-housing with a chrome bowl and used the mini-graphite shrouds that i had originally intended to use. The entire bowl looks very dark with just those shrouds in there.

I opted to keep the low-beam bowl chrome, as well as the mini-gatling shrouds, but with black-housing. As you can see in my pics, the effect is somewhere in the middle...reflective, but not entirely chrome. If i had painted the shrouds it would have been very dark in there. I left them chrome for a little 'pop'.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

first one would look like this. here i would leave the shroud chrome

photo from cvc7chris

second one like this. with the shroud painted black. ... maybe still chrome

photo from CrazyHondaOwnR

and the black with gold flake would look like my corner lights

(this one was a test. the ones on my car are executed alot cleaner)
              Last edited by Quashish; 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Good news

Spent 4 more hours trying to get one damn bolt off my header to downpipe. Had to head home plus air tools around 10pm isn't cool. Put everything back together sheared off one of the studs that the top header manifold bolts to. Idk how 23ft/lb torque and poof. Real nice. So this is a picture of whats still in my block

Feel like ass right now but at least my morimoto mini H1's arrived. Had them shipped to a friends house though.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Sooo yah not quite sure what this squid is all supposed to do

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

All on the main harness

I think these stay on the driver side

And these go over to the passenger side

Extras

I got these to somehow make my idea work

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I like...now doo eeet
                      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

There should be an un raped 93 at the yard I'm planning on getting a headlight from. Maybe both idk. And doing some more reading figuring out what that harness does

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I've got a pair...ones Stanley other isn't...no baskets and the tabs on one are broken....I was gonna use em to practice a retro but I have no interest in doing one now...Sooo if you want em lemme know, maybe we can work something out.

Comment

I would take them off your hands but I just found a junk yard around the corner from my place. Should be able to get them for $24.00 a pair maybe cheaper. I'll check it out tomorrow after work

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

No problem...I wish I had a decent yard around here

Comment

Yah I dint have much 2 pick n pulls close by but everything is raped including your wallet. This place I just found had a ton of jeeps almost nothing else. But they do have that 93. No entry fee either. Says they get about 5 cars a day

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X