fliplyricist1 : 1993 Accord 10th A.E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
    How is it that you always manage to make your car look so damn clean?? Hehehe I love the car man, ur front end looks so mean...Is there any way you can show us how the alternate blinking between the brake lights and the signal lights work?? Sounds kinda cool hehehe

Love everything about ur car man

Ronald
    Thanks a bunch man...that means a lot from a guy who has a car that looks cleaner than mine I just ordered a porter cable polisher, so hopefully that'll save my arms from the freakin 5 hour process of hand cleaning/polishing/waxing lol

I can definitely get a vid up of the alternating brake lights...I'll get some footage probably tonight and upload it

My members ride thread

Comment

Naah my digicam always seem to make my car looks so much cleaner for some reason Hahaha I kno what you mean tho, I spent close to 4hrs last wkend jus washing/waxing the whole car, trying to not miss any spot...Not fun I tells ya...I swear I think I even ended up waxing my car in my dream when I slept that night..Bwahaha That's allright, I only do it once every 2 years I believe..hehe

it's all worth it tho...I think everyone here can see what kind of hard work you've done to your car after a 5 hour process..hehe the car is sooo...Green!! hehe is that the original paint btw?? Jus curious...EIther way..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

front end looks INSANE man. i was never a huge fan of that style grill until i saw it on your car.. and thats DIY too
        it makes the headlights look really aggressive (as if they weren't already aggressive enough looking).

any plans for wheels in the future? that would set the whole car off for sure.

at any rate, i've always had total respect for you and your ride ever since the SHO days.

Comment

THEE cleanest (literally) CB on here! jeez i wish i kept mine that clean. great job on the front end too. simply awsome pare!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

From one Arcadia Green cb7 owner to another, I am so ready to give you cash to make me a grill like that. So hot, so innovative, so DIY

And I've always been a fan of your car, because its what inspired me to stay Arcadia Green and Gunmetal'ed up! Talk to me man! I got cash!
            '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
            -'93 AGP EX 4AT
            10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Pretty Cool ride..
              Keep up the good work!
              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

gangsta!

Comment

very sexy. truly inspiring now. i was in hidplanet most of the time and i saw most of ur posts when you were doing the retrofits. so when you were doing yours i also was doing mine but couldnt finish since i was still doing my 5lug. i have e46 valeos that i am puttin in jdm 2piece and that diy grill is next lol.

any progress pics of when u did that grill. thanx

maury

Comment

Looks seriously clean for a car thats nearly 14 years old. That is hella nice.

Stupid question but how do you properly use the Clay bar? Ive got alot more to cover since I own a truck now the instructors aren't really detailed to a specific.

Ive never used it before can you give me some pointers? Just shoot me a PM
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

thanks a bunch guys for the comments/critiques greatly appreciated peeps

as per the grill, I've had several inquiries but I unfortunately won't be able to make any for a long time, regardless of the price...due to school starting back up and such. I thought I had taken more pics of the grill in its infancy stages, but apparently not? I'll upload more if I find them...but here's basically a shot of the grill after 3 layers of fiberglass and some bondo'ing...was not close to being finished at this point and still needed a ton of sanding/some shaping:

Here's a pic of me butchering the 92-93 grill:

word to the wise...do NOT do this inside the house. I was an idiot for that, and lesson learned This is probably one of the parts I hated the most, was removing the emblem

My dremel had the hardest time with it since it appears to have a metal backing, and once you cut it you'll see that you have to reshape and improvise the curvature to match the rest of the bar, especially since it protrudes in many areas.

And a pic of the final product being testfitted on the car...not the final fit (I lined up the eyelids and keep them affixed to the car with 3m double sided heavy duty square pads)

The paintjob is all original except for the hood and drivers side fender which had to be resprayed when I got into a front end collision a few months ago. I try to wash/polish/wax at least once every month. Definitely makes a difference. But I am going to repaint the front bumper and grill professionally after winter because I already know they're going to get owned by the snow and freakin salt stones they put on the highway. Oh well...when I do, I'll put the 3M invisible bra on there and it should keep it lookin new for awhile.

Sorry about being busy, but I'll definitely get the vid of the taillight mod up by tomorrow night

thanks again fellas

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                        Looks seriously clean for a car thats nearly 14 years old. That is hella nice.

Stupid question but how do you properly use the Clay bar? Ive got alot more to cover since I own a truck now the instructors aren't really detailed to a specific.

Ive never used it before can you give me some pointers? Just shoot me a PM
                        Using the claybar is pretty easy man. Just wash the car as normal, then using either the sudsy car wash solution or any kind of Instant Detailer spray, wet a small area and then gently work the claybar over the lubed surface, then wipe with a clean microfiber towel. After you do this the surface should be ultra slick. Always make sure to mead the claybar after doing a large area or a very dirty area, as you don't want that debris getting back on your paint job and scratching it up

My members ride thread

Comment

Nice D Y I possibly the best D Y I grill I've ever seen... two
                          OS^e
                          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

very nice accord!! very very nice!! i like errything on it...
                            hmmm, are u filipino??? juz curious..

Comment

dude that car is fuckin clean dude omg nice work mang

Comment

beautiful ride. god i love that color. mad props on that grill!

My Grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X