No announcement yet.

fliplyricist1 : 1993 Accord 10th A.E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oo man, i'm lovin' the new pictures featuring the new blackhouse jdm headlights and HID kit...

... and i'll never get my oem wheels to shine like that, lol... they are still lookin' great.

a lot of cb7s in this forum are called 'clean', and it's true - the cb7 in stock form is a clean looking car.
    but your car... is truly the definition and example of clean... all of the mods are tastefully done and it literally is a clean car (even the engine bay).

Comment

I'm amazed. That is truly a beautiful car. The blackhoused JDM one-pieces are amazing. The HID's look very nice and combined with the one-pieces makes a wonderful combo. Good job man and keep it up.
      "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

turn on ur high beams and compare them LOL....u might as well turn the highs into DRL.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Damn bro, Lovin the ride! Those JDM 1 pieces are lookin tight as hell. I still think that you have one of the cleanest cb7's on here.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

thanks a ton for the comments/suggestions/critiques fellas
            My car can't really hold a torch to most of you who replied, but the best I can do is just try to keep it clean lol

As per the questions, the HID kit is a 7000k kit from Eagleye feat. Hella ballasts. I really like the color of this kit, it's rated at 2800k lumens. The light it projects unto the ground and forward is actually very very crisp white w/a hint of yellow, even though it looks really purplish from the side angles. I'm thinking if a bulb ever burns out I might try a set of 6000k bulbs, heard great things about them.

Yeah man, about the rhd 'flare', it's unfortunate and unavoidable, but swear on my life it doesn't case any glare to oncoming traffic, because I've looked at my car from every single onlooker perspective coming from the passenger lane and it doesn't glare at all unless you're about 5 feet away and you get a tad flash of glare because of the housing reflector. And the only other way I get glare is if I stare head-on and crouch down and look directly into the beams at equal level. All the glare in those pics are a fault of the camera...I need to mess around with the exposure settings because if you notice it accentuates glare in every pic, including the night pics where even my sidemarkers look glaring.

USC you were right man, it's primarily because it's an h4 kit and it's got the built in big metal sheild on the underbelly. I can't even imagine a d2s or d2r kit in a set of one pieces w/out retrofitted projectors...that would be a horrific experience for traffic lol. My only real primary concern now is cop attention. I just don't want a cop pulling me over because he sees the purple from the sides (even though the light is white) and wants to pull me over for a '20 dollar ebay purple bulb' rice infraction. So far so good...just keeping my fingers crossed lol.

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
              they're just oem ex wheels, painted with gunmetal find a set, paint 'em yourself, and you've got 'em.

flip flip flip... i don't know where to start.
              1st off, you obviously need to change your sig
              2nd, the jdm blackhousing looks sick
              3rd, the hids look like a great upgrade... now you have me thinking about 'em, seriously
              4th, you took some great pics
              5th, if someone can't understand how the clean look of the cb7 owns all, they need to take a look at yours.

mad props to you.
              bro i know those are OEM wheels but those wheels came only in the 10th aniversary edition i think , at least here in PR is this way!!!! find them down here isnt easy

"NO T ASUSTES MENOS PREOCUPATE TU SOLO C@GATE!!!!"

Comment

yep, which is why i specifically went with the 4100k bulbs. i dun need no extra hassles from the authorities. and at least for my shields, they do an excellent job in blocking out the yellow as you may have seen my latest pic of the lights on my gallery.
                Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by usc
                  yep, which is why i specifically went with the 4100k bulbs. i dun need no extra hassles from the authorities. and at least for my shields, they do an excellent job in blocking out the yellow as you may have seen my latest pic of the lights on my gallery.
                  Yep yep...your lights look incredible. And on E-codes as well :drool:

well I just got a visit from the UPS delivery guy...with a pretty 'big' surprise:

Looks like i'm going to be stopping by the auto store for some flat black paint and clearcoat I think I'm going to keep the 90-91's if I like the fit of them with my 92-93 grille...I really really like their chrome trim which makes painting the outside of the light very easy and clean. Be forewarned, I'm going to be selling 2 pairs of jdm one pieces soon...and most likely the ones on my car in the pics...I'll keep you guys posted.
                  Last edited by fliplyricist1; 04-29-2004, 06:40 PM.

My members ride thread

Comment

hehe, i see you bought the 1-pieces from honda-acura.com

i actually went there and saw those two sets. i wasn't interested in the 90-91 and as you see/notice, the damage on the driver's lens on the 92-93 plus the rubber weather strip missing. but they were letting them go for $100/pair, can't complain.
                    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by usc
                      hehe, i see you bought the 1-pieces from honda-acura.com

i actually went there and saw those two sets. i wasn't interested in the 90-91 and as you see/notice, the damage on the driver's lens on the 92-93 plus the rubber weather strip missing. but they were letting them go for $100/pair, can't complain.
                      haha yeah man, you saw exactly the sets I ordered. I was kinda reluctant to buy the 92-93's, but he ended up selling them to me for 70 bucks shipped, so all in all I ended up paying 200 flat for both sets shipped. I was primarily in it for the 90-91's though, they're in great shape. The scratches on the 92-93 drivers side are actually pretty small and not as deep as I thought. I'm thinking I can take it down to a detailer and have them professionally sand and buff it down to see if they can get out the majority of it, hopefully. If not, they still look pretty respectable, but of course nothing you'd put on your car if you're in a car show.

My members ride thread

Comment

cars looking sssssick dude! lovin the HID..... im soon going HID too

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

Where in Oregon do you live flip?
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

hey flip let me know i how much im proably intrested
                            cb7 sold
                            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

i see you have a can of mother's mag and aluminum polish in the background. man that thing works wonders not only on wheels, but on my headlights as well. thanks for sharing such a great tip!

your car is looking hot as ever! i too am going the HID route but haven't scored a deal like you ($170 is pretty dayam good). if you can, please take a picture of your H4 HID bulb. i primarily want to see the shielding of the bulb. i came across some d2r bulbs from a lexus and would want to retrofit them into my jdms (bought from honda-acura.com ). i know i will need some shielding so please help a brotha out!

hey usc, i know you can help me out here as well!
                              1cor10:31
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

now what did u guys use that can of mothers for? i use that on my rims.
                                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                                X