Axle : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axle : 1992 Accord LX

Hey CB7tuner This is a thread dedicated to my CB7. I purchased her a little rough around the edges, and have had plans to turn her into a track car. Although she is serious fun for daily driving, I have been wanting a dedicated racecar since I was 16. fast forward 17 years and I finally purchased her. She will still see daily driving for the next year or so, but once emissions comes up again, I am taking her into the final steps of making her a track car.

In the background is my DD, 15 years of difference between both Accords. Funny thing is that I am not a fan of White cars... go figure

On to the good stuff now.

Under the hood
    H22a - AC and PS deleted (PS delete will be modified like the link in the DIY section once I get a chance)
    T3/T4 Turbo
    Euro R intake manifold port matched to block and throttle body
    S2000 Throttle Body port matched to IM
    440cc injectors - about to be upgraded to 660cc or 680cc injectors
    Head has been ported and polished, upgraded Valvetrain
    Custom Downpipe ( needs to be replaced thanks to bottoming out. )
    Tial wastegate
    ECU - chipped P28 by Phearable.net now with a Hondata S100 in it (going to upgrade to S300 soon)

Suspension
    FF type 1s (looking to upgrade to some AMR coilvers)
    Honda EX rear Sway Bar with Energy Suspensions end link bushings (Upgrading to Progessive or ST)
    The whole Energy Suspensions Bushing set replacing all bushing in the suspension
    Future plans are : AMR Coilovers, ST or Progressive rear Sway bar, a lot of dialing in.

Stoppers
    Front Prelude SI assemblies w/ drilled and slotted rotors (Looking for a good pad and rotor combo for track use)
    Rear EX swap w/ drilled and slotted rotors (same as front, looking for a pad/rotor combo for track use)

Wheels
    Prelude rims with Falken 615s
    Enkei 92s original OG Enkei, not reproduction ones. These need some rubber love.

As of right now, she is running as healthy as a stock bottom end H22 could... Any moment complete destruction lol.
    numbers are 278 hp and 217 Ft/Lbs. There is much to be desired here. My top end is where I want it, but my Torque numbers are definitely no where near I want them. I would be willing to sacrifice some top end to get my Torque numbers closer to 300 ft/lbs. I don't want anymore then 300 hp on the top end either. Above that, driving this thing on a track might get a little hairy. We will see once she is on the track.

Last edited by axle; 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM.
    My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
    Go Fast or Suck

looks good, I like your black roof, why not carry it on and down the trunk lid. i have the same car sort of the same upgrades in progress..as in parts are coming in..lol.

Comment

Yeah looking good. Lots of mods. You do all that yourself, or was it bought that way.

Also digging the black roof, and would also like to see it matched on the truck. (If you don't respray it something else since you no likey white)

And I know how that crushed downpipe feeling is. The Jerk has the same situation, soon to be remedied.
      PSN
      Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
      2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
      2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
      1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
      1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Thanks guys, I have been seeking a black trunk for a while now. Might just get a carbon fiber one to match the hood. I got the car when it was not running. The swap was about 75% complete. The turbo needed to be installed properly and the suspension needed to be installed. The guy had most of the parts when I picked it up. I purchased the remaining misc. Stuff like intercooler, piping, bushings then went to town.

On the to do list is getting the windshield put on properly, gutting the rest of the interior left, getting a roll cage, master shut off switch with a relocated battery, a good set of racing seats and fire suppression system. Got a lot of work to go and I don't believe I will have it ready this year.
        My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

I miss my old girl. Treat her well and take her to the track where she belongs. I have another project but I'm not ready to share her until she's complete.

Did you ever get around to swapping the tranny?

PS The car has the full energy suspension bushing kit as well as the Progress rear sway bar. The only bushings that need to be replaced are the rear lower shock mount bushing.
          Last edited by Chrisisiced; 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Nice ride.

Did you do the Euro R work? Thinking about maybe doing this. But it is expensive.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
              I miss my old girl. Treat her well and take her to the track where she belongs. I have another project but I'm not ready to share her until she's complete.

Did you ever get around to swapping the tranny?

PS The car has the full energy suspension bushing kit as well as the Progress rear sway bar. The only bushings that need to be replaced are the rear lower shock mount bushing.
              I got the tranny finally fixed up, went with synchrotech rebuild kit for it. After cracking her open I decided to try to rebuild it versus sourcing a new one. Now it is running with carbon synchros which gives me a little more confidence.

Cleaned up the engine bay a lot too, got a catch can in there, after looking at the two hoses hanging down at the bottom of the engine bay I had to do something about it. went the DIY approach with it. Nothing Homeboy Depot can't fix.

She also went on another diet, trying to figure if I am going to go with a custom dash or stick with the factory one right now.

I changed up the turbo setup a lot too. flipped it the other way so the intake side is on the passenger side, then got new 3 inch piping, a new intercooler setup and did a little chopping on the engine bay.

The only bad thing now is I crushed the downpipe. I just started searching for a replacement for it. Not sure what to do right now. Flopping over a new exhaust setup and with that I don't want to replace it with anything until I decided on the setup.

The rollcage has been measured out, and my buddy mocked up what it should be. Just waiting on getting the piping for it and then going to weld it in. Pending on the decision of what I am going to do to the dash will tell how soon it will get in.

Already replaced the rear Shock mount bushings.
              Last edited by axle; 03-03-2013, 01:06 AM.
              My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                Nice ride.

Did you do the Euro R work? Thinking about maybe doing this. But it is expensive.

steve
                Chrisisiced did the euro work. I know he had the IM sent out for machining to port match the IM. He had the work done to the head. He will know better.
                My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Euro IM >> roskoracing.com

Comment

Nice build!

Turbo H22
                    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4