No announcement yet.

XCRN : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warranty is not covered. Well fuck, I now need to decide whether I want to sell it or fix it next year when I have time and money.

If I sell it, that money can go towards another CB in Ohio which will be difficult finding something as rust free as mine, or putting that money towards an E34 which surprisingly have no rust in OH.

If I hold onto it in my mom's garage until next year when I have time and money, and I do not know how my mom will feel about that.

And people wonder why I have trust issues, fucking infuriating.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

How sure are you it's the head gasket? Did you see milk on the oil filter or dipstick? Any white smoke from the tailpipe? If you never got up to operating temperature, the thermostat never opened. Its probably from one of the small coolant hoses. I'm no mechanic but I drove a car with a blown head gasket for about 6months

I'm in Florida, but I imagine that valve cover is like an ice cube in cold temperature. Then the heat comes up from the engine causing condensation. Google that shit before you panic man.

Question: you didn't extend any wires so far for your wire tuck?

Also I realized from your pics that what I need for my springs is probably new rear struts to even it out. My fronts are about the same as yours, but the rear is an inch lower

I like your detailed restoration work btw
      Last edited by DCB7; 05-15-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

It was on the oil cap and looked really nasty on the inside of the valve cover, there is smoke that does come out, a mysterious disappearance of coolant. The shop said they will look at it free of charge which really doesn't mean shit to me but I am hoping that if I do take it they will fix it since it is only 10 days after and a head gasket job should last years, and the thermo wouldn't open if I am only driving 5 minutes to work once a week since I still do not have insurance or updated tags yet.

For the wire tuck there was no extension needed for as far as I went with it. The driver side was the only one I put inside the fender and the passenger I just had them all moved behind the shock tower above the shift cables, but I used one of the old brackets so there is no collision with the shifter.

I appreciate it, I just hope I do not have to sell it, now a head gasket job is an easy enough job, but I have no money for this right now and time is taken by school and work, and really my mental state has gone bat shit insane the last few months so I do not want to deal with this headache right now.
        Last edited by XCRN; 05-15-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Cant hurt to get it checked out for free.

Im going to do a mild tuck like that then . I saw extra threaded holes below the bracket on the pass. shock tower as if to allow re-location, I'll try to just lower it as well.
          Lot of inspirational work man, hopefully its something simple

Comment

I hope too.

But there is one of the brackets that connects to the engine portion of the harness and is green, im not sure if I grabbed it off of the driver or passenger side but it requires some force to make it fit. That is what holds up most of the harness so it does touch the shifter.

Comment

So I took it in and what they said does make sense and at least gives me some hope that it is not a head gasket. They say it was condensation that was building up in the valve cover from lack of use and the increasing temperature. Still does not explain why coolant slowly disappears or the minor smoke.

I am still going to keep my craigslist ad up but I am raising the price to something more ridiculous since I do not need to sell, but I would like to start fresh after I move. If it sells great, if not oh well.

Does that seem plausible to you guys?

Comment

Putting it up for sale despite everything is in working order. It took me awhile to come to this decision. I want to upgrade to an E34 then after some time get another CB shell, preferably an LX.

Comment

It has been sold! I will miss it, has taught me a lot in the last year and hopefuly will teach the kid that bought it how to work on these. Bitter sweet moment. Now my question is since I do not have a car now where am I going to let out my OCD rage on? Cleaning the house, nah.

Comment

Working...
                  X