No announcement yet.

wildBill83 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by wildBill83; 09-08-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

She is legal, insured taxed and state inspected.

I'll be driving this baby to my new job in Minnesota.

So far no issues with the rebuild, those poly filled mounts are STIFF as all get out too.

By the end of the month it will be a Minnesota car and further more it will be a winter vehicle until I can get a Subaru or Jeep Cherokee for a winter car.

I'm excited to start my new career, and will be enjoying a hefty pay raise as well.

Now I need to wait until time gets less hectic and I can get back to work finishing the motor thread and add the info to both my other MRTs and then I can update CB7Tuner on what my current projects are now that I will soon be able to afford a lot of modifications and work.

First post updated.

Thanks to this website and all the people on it for the parts and encouraging words. I hope to have this CB7 restored more by next summer and by then possibly a performance build on it and my coupe once I get another vehicle... Who doesn't need more vehicles?
      Last edited by wildBill83; 09-08-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

If you ever find another MP1A LSD, let me know yeah? I've been trying to ask around on ebay but everyone said there's isn't LSD... it really sucks that there are MP1A's that came WITHOUT lsd... makes it harder to know if it does or not :\

I'm planning a motor and transmission rebuild for the winter, currently saving up.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I've always wanted one of those wagon trunk floors. How well is the fitment?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
              To improve fitment:

for the seatside, you'll have to either loosen up the bolts on those two cross beams that block the compartment from going in all the way so that they'll open up space... or, the safer approach (since i'd rather not loosen parts on the car) is to just hacksaw 1-2 inches on the compartment seatside/cut to fit.

since your car is LX, you won't have ABS... right? which means the passenger side lining will fit perfectly. looks like no problems there! the only issue will be the seat side.

I have an EX, so i have the ABS unit, so my EX trunk lining actually bubbles out and interferes with the compartment. I had to relocate the relays to even give SOME wiggle room, and cut my lining. I'm planning on relocating my ABS unit to the other side of where its mounted and use the LX lining to clean it up.

... I also have subs, which actually sit on the hinge of the compartment, so it was very hard to open the thing. I ended up cutting the lid where the subs ended, and added new hinges.

Comment

I just realized how wildbill did it. INGENIOUS!!! he cut the lining so that the compartment won't get blocked by it. smart I hacked up my compartment, but i have trunk lining and a rubber trunk mat that blocks ANYTHING, so you really can't tell either. plus its still pretty sturdy and stable even with my cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  If you ever find another MP1A LSD, let me know yeah? I've been trying to ask around on ebay but everyone said there's isn't LSD... it really sucks that there are MP1A's that came WITHOUT lsd... makes it harder to know if it does or not :\

I'm planning a motor and transmission rebuild for the winter, currently saving up.
                  I will def hit you up if I run across another.

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                  Fits like a glove as long as you don't have ABS like P5lance says. I first installed in to my coupe with ABS and I didn't like how my sub box fit and the ABS module had to be removed and the relays relocated. I had to remove my subs to get to the spare. I decided the LX could use a full size spare.

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  I just realized how wildbill did it. INGENIOUS!!! he cut the lining so that the compartment won't get blocked by it. smart I hacked up my compartment, but i have trunk lining and a rubber trunk mat that blocks ANYTHING, so you really can't tell either. plus its still pretty sturdy and stable even with my cuts.
                  Yes sir, I cut the liner instead of the wagon compartment. Full sized spare for the win. I also ran into all the problems you listed.

Comment

yeah, i cut the compartment door right after the sub to relocate where the compartment had its hinges. stock location was blocked by the subs, so i cut it and added my own hinges (home depot cheap door hinges) after the sub so i could open the compartment definitely cool to have a solid floor, but it does kill like... 4 inches of trunk space height wise

thanks for letting me know!

Comment

Well ... today the LX started running really rough, like running on 3 cylinders rough. So tomorrow after I finish the S10 Blazer I got to pop my head under the hood on the LX to see what came loose. It's in need of some regular maintenance anyway.

It seems that when all of your cars are old enough to be considered classics you never get away from small problems and routine maintenance.

After the S10 and the SE are done, this LX will get the H22A4 (or another motor yet to be discussed) in it, so maybe next fall... She just has to make it for another year and then I can go crazy on the LX.

Forgot to mention the full sized spare has been a life savior! CB7Tuner rocks for little gems of info like the wagon storage compartment mods and such.

Comment

The running rough is so intermittent. I'm trying to use it as an excuse to pull the motor out and start my turbo build with it. I just got to convince the lady the motor is bad (even though she knows better and that it was just gone through). Most likely a bad ground or a loose sensor plug somewhere, no CEL.

I'm going to DOHC this beast eventually. I'm also still considering taking the manual parts out and putting an a tiptronic automatic transmission to make it easier for the lady to drive. This is not in the future any time soon as that would take a lot of work, and lets face it... I drive it not her anyway right?

I'm going to get the Koni Yellows & my old H&R sport springs on the LX and the SE is going to get F&F. I'm not going to run the LX as low as the SE though.

Comment

There is a whole h22a1 with trans ecu and harness for $600 right now on craigslist. Why wait?

Comment

Thanksgiving I'm going to Texas to get my air tools, engine stand and cherry picker as well as all of my Honda parts. I got a handful of old integra parts to sell off too yet.

Got a link for the H22A1 on CL? I might take a gander. I'm just not really wanting a beat to shit H22A1 because a light hone on FRM is ok I cannot machine the FRM though. So it would be $600 + rebuild kit and possible machining if they removed the motor for mechanical reasons.

Did you see that cherry Prelude with the H22 swap and tucked bay? (I saw the CB7s on each side of it too in the add)
                            http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...632426018.html
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 09-27-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

It must have sold. I think it was only on there for like 6 hours today. That prelude is pretty sweet but I don't really care for the old style body,

Comment

I was thinking the parts on it are easily worth 3g. Also an F22 could go in there and resell for around the same price. I just don't have it in my budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X