Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Took about a 4 hour drive last night just to get out of the house. Hit 390,000 when I parked in front of the house (cheated, drove past the house a little way, then came back). Talked to one of the guys from the body shop that did Ruby eight years ago - as expected, he wasn't optimistic about it being repaired. There is a sedan in a local yard that looks in reasonable shape; thinking about cutting some sections out of it to evaluate how one might go about rebuilding those areas.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    The first doctor said my back looked good for a 50 year old (and I'm a dozen years beyond that). I saw the 2nd doctor after the MRI, she said there is some edema (evidence of blood) in a plane across the neck of my right femur. This is what the doc who wrote the MRI assessment reported as a fracture. She was not convinced that it is fractured (she said if it really was, I wouldn't be able to walk on it as much as I can), so she ordered a CT scan (supposed to show bone better than an X-ray or MRI) which happened on Oct. 13. Saw her the next day - no evidence of fracture in the CT scan (good news). If she only had the x-ray and CT, she said we wouldn't be talking anymore about it, but the MRI worries her because the "indication" is on the tension (top) side of the femur neck. We discussed surgical options, but settled on me trying to take it easy on it for another month, then repeat the MRI to see if the edema is clearing up If that is the case, I'd start some physical therapy.
    Yaaa, best of luck there. I truly believe that surgery should be the last option. Let them pump ya full of cortisone before surgery. I had my appt. last week with the best neurosurgeon in the city and he guaranteed me that I'll be in pain after the surgery too, if not more (especially at my age of 42). But also noted if that doesn't work then he will do the surgery but it won't be fun. I have a fragmented right T1 transverse process (lower neck) since a young age but can't top pulling muscles around it.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    The first doctor said my back looked good for a 50 year old (and I'm a dozen years beyond that). I saw the 2nd doctor after the MRI, she said there is some edema (evidence of blood) in a plane across the neck of my right femur. This is what the doc who wrote the MRI assessment reported as a fracture. She was not convinced that it is fractured (she said if it really was, I wouldn't be able to walk on it as much as I can), so she ordered a CT scan (supposed to show bone better than an X-ray or MRI) which happened on Oct. 13. Saw her the next day - no evidence of fracture in the CT scan (good news). If she only had the x-ray and CT, she said we wouldn't be talking anymore about it, but the MRI worries her because the "indication" is on the tension (top) side of the femur neck. We discussed surgical options, but settled on me trying to take it easy on it for another month, then repeat the MRI to see if the edema is clearing up If that is the case, I'd start some physical therapy.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied

How does a crack like that not heal eventually?

I'm not quite sure, but it started when I was moving some furniture (small roll top desk, chest of drawers, dresser, twin bed, some other smaller stuff) for my mother-in-law from one barn to another, by myself (should have taken my son along, but didn't want to waste his day), loading it into our van (couldn't stand up straight) on uneven ground. I don't remember actually falling, but I may have lost my balance once and had to take a big akward step to catch myself, maybe twisted it too much or something. I used a dolly to cover distances, but sometimes just had to manhandle the stuff.

The day was made more fun by rupturing a brake line on the way there. Luckily, we were taking two vehicles, so we were able to go to the next town, get a section of brake line, go back to where we left the van and replace the line on the side of the road.
    Ahh that's the million dollar question. How's your back doing ?

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    It sounds like PMs aren't sorted out yet, but I got your half shaft, thanks!

Another thread reported that Koni Yellows are discontinued for us as well. My searching confirms. That must have been pretty recent, because I priced out a Koni/Ground Control setup since I picked up my wagon in January.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    I think they are, but unfortunately, they don't appear to make them for the Accord any more. Another nail.

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Oh damn is it under warranty?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    It's always something. Found a puddle under the left rear shock (Bilstein).

Leave a comment:

• PakaloloHonda
    replied
    The day was made more fun by rupturing a brake line on the way there. Luckily, we were taking two vehicles, so we were able to go to the next town, get a section of brake line, go back to where we left the van and replace the line on the side of the road.
    Aiii, do.not.like.days.like.that ..

Hope you're feeling better man, I'm just recovering from a couple days, laid out by my sciatica. Weather is starting to change ...feel great today ...
    but Ooo those first couple days, ow wee ...

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Ya, I can see how that would be an issue. Ice is your friend, that's for sure. How did you do this?

I have a crack in a neck bone (T1 transverse) but it's been there since a young age. Sucks and causes me a lot of pain some days, more muscle pain that's inflamed bc I feel like I'm walking on a broken angle (but in my neck).
    How does a crack like that not heal eventually?

I'm not quite sure, but it started when I was moving some furniture (small roll top desk, chest of drawers, dresser, twin bed, some other smaller stuff) for my mother-in-law from one barn to another, by myself (should have taken my son along, but didn't want to waste his day), loading it into our van (couldn't stand up straight) on uneven ground. I don't remember actually falling, but I may have lost my balance once and had to take a big akward step to catch myself, maybe twisted it too much or something. I used a dolly to cover distances, but sometimes just had to manhandle the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Spent about 2 hours total in the MRI yesterday over three different sessions (back first, then hip with an injection of contrast; after I left they called and said the radiologist wanted a couple more images, so I had to go back in the afternoon). Got a call today telling me I have a small fracture in my right hip, not much more detail than that. Tell me I'm supposed to use crutches, a walker, or wheelchair until I see the doctor on Tuesday, all of which seem to be more trouble than they are worth when I can walk for a little while with short steps without much pain.
    Ya, I can see how that would be an issue. Ice is your friend, that's for sure. How did you do this?

I have a crack in a neck bone (T1 transverse) but it's been there since a young age. Sucks and causes me a lot of pain some days, more muscle pain that's inflamed bc I feel like I'm walking on a broken angle (but in my neck).

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Spent about 2 hours total in the MRI yesterday over three different sessions (back first, then hip with an injection of contrast; after I left they called and said the radiologist wanted a couple more images, so I had to go back in the afternoon). Got a call today telling me I have a small fracture in my right hip, not much more detail than that. Tell me I'm supposed to use crutches, a walker, or wheelchair until I see the doctor on Tuesday, all of which seem to be more trouble than they are worth when I can walk for a little while with short steps without much pain.

Leave a comment:

• PakaloloHonda
    replied

No stealing involved - I hereby authorize you to use this idea on your console - or anywhere else for that matter.
    I've always liked that "leftover" vinyl idea .. going to find some other uses for it as well ..

My vinyl on the cover case for the cargo net had enuff of the Vegas heat, it bubbled ... and it, will just get sprayed some OEM color to match when I'm done with it.

Keeping you in our thoughts n prayers as always Paul ...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Thanks.

As for the pain, best of luck. Hopefully can get it under control so you can enjoy the joys of driving again.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    So you just glued it down, wrapped around the bottom? I may steal your idea....
    I don't remember now if the black part unscrews from underneath - I think it does, so I put the vinyl on letting it overhand the edges so it is trapped by the tray when installed. I used 3M #90 spray adhesive to attach the vinyl - I know I had trouble getting it to stick down in the corners because I inadvertently let it contact on the edges before getting the center completely down. Based on how well my SEM sprayed door panels have held up, you could possibly use that instead.

No stealing involved - I hereby authorize you to use this idea on your console - or anywhere else for that matter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X