cp[mike] : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
    Lol that was me , sorry mike. It was late night and the last person I could remember with that picture was Excalibur.
    there you are. yeah, he had the pic first, so I don't blame you. I copied his idea haha. Glad you noticed and recognized it, this is pretty cool for sure.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Wow that is really awesome. Too bad you didnt get the credit for the picture. Congrats

StraightAs jamz720
      HTTPS://youtu.be/sJA1_TQ-WVY

Comment

that is soo cool!!

Comment

I cannot wait to see what becomes of this coupe. Your old white coupe was my personal favourite, and one of the main CBs that inspired me to build a CB properly; all new high end parts, no corners cut, and a bit of a sleeper with that Euro R! Looking forward to some updates.
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
            I cannot wait to see what becomes of this coupe. Your old white coupe was my personal favourite, and one of the main CBs that inspired me to build a CB properly; all new high end parts, no corners cut, and a bit of a sleeper with that Euro R! Looking forward to some updates.
            Thanks so much. To be honest I feel like I even cut a lot of corners with that car... I've learned: only OEM, check twice, and don't go over-the-top.

I still have an "ultimate vision" in mind, that I am really itching to make a reality. I recently moved and am in the middle of transitioning jobs, so once that settles down and income becomes more regular, I hope to make some serious progress on this thing.

So far, I at least put the suspension together.

- Koni Yellow shocks, lowest perch, with painted spring seats
            - Neuspeed Race springs (2.2")
            - New OEM top hats
            - New OEM bumpstops - fronts cut 1" which was removed from the fat size so as to not lose the "progressive" spring nature of the bumpstop. Rears left as-is.
            - EnergySuspension polyurethane front bushings/isolators
            - New OEM rear bushings/isolators (nobody makes them in poly!!!!!)

Tip: when buying new bumpstops and dust caps from Honda, the CB7 ones are cheap for the rear, but for some reason are very expensive for the fronts. 94-97 Accord front bumpstops are much cheaper, and the 94-97 front dust caps are plastic instead of metal (won't rust).

Here's some pics...

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-11-2015, 05:42 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

What are you going to do with those bump stops by the front shock?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                What are you going to do with those bump stops by the front shock?
                Those were the Koni-branded ones. They were surprisingly expensive, and I also found a note included with the Neuspeed springs that says "use OEM bumpstops" so I returned the Koni ones and went OEM instead. The note also said not to cut them, but they were so close to the shock body (hardly any travel room), so I cut them anyway.

Current cars:

Comment

Haha dude you're still a clown....lol...clean platform though !!!!
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Nice progress! Do the poly front spring seats make any noticeable difference at all?

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      Thanks so much. To be honest I feel like I even cut a lot of corners with that car... I've learned: only OEM, check twice, and don't go over-the-top.

I still have an "ultimate vision" in mind, that I am really itching to make a reality. I recently moved and am in the middle of transitioning jobs, so once that settles down and income becomes more regular, I hope to make some serious progress on this thing.

So far, I at least put the suspension together.

- Koni Yellow shocks, lowest perch, with painted spring seats
                      - Neuspeed Race springs (2.2")
                      - New OEM top hats
                      - New OEM bumpstops - fronts cut 1" which was removed from the fat size so as to not lose the "progressive" spring nature of the bumpstop. Rears left as-is.
                      - EnergySuspension polyurethane front bushings/isolators
                      - New OEM rear bushings/isolators (nobody makes them in poly!!!!!)

Tip: when buying new bumpstops and dust caps from Honda, the CB7 ones are cheap for the rear, but for some reason are very expensive for the fronts. 94-97 Accord front bumpstops are much cheaper, and the 94-97 front dust caps are plastic instead of metal (won't rust).

Here's some pics...

Same set up I have in my car and I love it. Did you buy the springs and shocks separate or do the neuspeed super cup kit?
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                        Haha dude you're still a clown....lol...clean platform though !!!!
                        lmao, I try not to take things/myself too seriously. thanks, I can't wait to really start moving forward with it.

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
                        Nice progress! Do the poly front spring seats make any noticeable difference at all?
                        I can't imagine that they would. Springs are already soft, I doubt the difference would be noticeable by just slightly changing the stiffness of the seat that it sits against. I mainly installed them for the fact that I prefer polyurethane over for rubber for its durability for exterior parts that typically degrade over time, so might as well! Plus, it was included in the ES Master Kit

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        Same set up I have in my car and I love it. Did you buy the springs and shocks separate or do the neuspeed super cup kit?
                        I keep hearing such good things about it, I can't wait to install them, with the rear sway, too. I'm pretty sure the super cup kit is discontinued, so these were pieced together from separate sources. I always wanted the complete neuspeed kit, but I feel fortunate at least the components are still available today (so many things discontinued at this point)

Anyway I also picked up a set of these Rear Shock Top Hat Bushings, from Cheedas Auto. I have every other bushing, this was the one missing piece that would have still been rubber. They are HARD though (90A+), so hopefully they aren't too harsh. I imagine the fact that the shocks themselves are "soft" that having a harder bushing that they mount to wouldn't make much of a noticeable difference in feel, besides just getting rid of that slop point in the suspension.

I'll get more pics of everything once I'm installing them on the car (soon, I hope).
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-09-2015, 01:34 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

so last month I got the shocks installed. wasn't able to install the Cheddas rear bushings (pic above) because they have a 12mm hole (stock) and they need to be expanded to 14mm to fit the stem of the Koni's. Someday when I pull the suspension back apart (5 lug?) I will figure out a way to widen the hole and get them installed. I also want to have an additional snap ring groove machined into the body of the rear shock bodies to provide one more middle adjustment step beyond the original settings (a new one between the middle and the topmost grooves)

I also started tearing down the interior, I have all the parts I need to reassemble it as black & grey, and finally ditch the red/maroon/burgundy/wine crap that it came with. It was clean, just a nasty color. I have most of the pieces in black, others will need to be painted.

While the interior is out, I plan to remove the dash / heater core / etc and do all of the planned mods and wiring before things get put back in. Should have some nice upgrades while also looking better at the same time.

I'll make sure to post more pics of the mods as they are installed. In the meantime, here are some pics of the current progress:

after being lowered:

before starting:

the glue is failing in the front...

...and also the back.

no french fries or coins

because racecar? no, because restore.

just a seat and a spare.

already ditched the ABS control box (converting to non-ABS lines eventually)

first time any of this has seen the light of day.
                          Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-29-2015, 12:01 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Motivation! I really am dreading the wiring

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

progress is looking great! Just curious, does pulling the abs computer give you any ill effects on braking? My abs light will randomly go on and off. When its on, the car brakes fine, but when its off the pedal feels like crap. I want to disable it but dont have time to do the lines till winter. Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X